Sponsored

Permanent mount battery tender

Larry-D

Active Member
First Name
Larry
Joined
May 12, 2022
Threads
1
Messages
39
Reaction score
64
Location
Middle TN
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator, 2018 Diesel Grand Cherokee
Go thru the 7 wire trailer connection will work. I have our 2018 grand Cherokee diesel and the gladiator. Both are still using the original batteries. Just make up an adapter from the battery tender to a trailer plug and just plug it in.
Sponsored

 

ShadowsPapa

Well-Known Member
First Name
Bill
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Threads
250
Messages
40,614
Reaction score
54,292
Location
Runnells, Iowa
Vehicle(s)
'25 JTMX, '23 JLU 4xe, '82 SX4, '73 Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
3
Go thru the 7 wire trailer connection will work. I have our 2018 grand Cherokee diesel and the gladiator. Both are still using the original batteries. Just make up an adapter from the battery tender to a trailer plug and just plug it in.
Already suggested and done..........

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ount-battery-tender.63631/page-3#post-1182008

Jeep Gladiator Permanent mount battery tender 1693073469335


That's not my post, but.........
It's how I power other stuff (up to the max of 35 amps) or can connect a battery tender, etc.

I use a 12v socket adapter so if I do drive away, it would slip out easily enough and not yank wires.
A trailer plug will LOCK into place unless you prevent the tab from locking and that's why i used 12v socket adapters for some things.

Jeep Gladiator Permanent mount battery tender 1693073755615
 

Johndd

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
73
Reaction score
36
Location
United states
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator willys sport
Already suggested and done..........

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...ount-battery-tender.63631/page-3#post-1182008

1693073469335.webp


That's not my post, but.........
It's how I power other stuff (up to the max of 35 amps) or can connect a battery tender, etc.

I use a 12v socket adapter so if I do drive away, it would slip out easily enough and not yank wires.
A trailer plug will LOCK into place unless you prevent the tab from locking and that's why i used 12v socket adapters for some things.

1693073755615.webp
Does this method still work if the aux is deleted aka ground disconnected? i like this method vs opening the hood.
 

Johndd

Well-Known Member
First Name
John
Joined
Aug 16, 2025
Threads
12
Messages
73
Reaction score
36
Location
United states
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep gladiator willys sport
Following up on my previous post. I got the C-Tek MXS5.0 and charging via the pollak trailer adapter and the ctek cig lighter. one thing i'm noticing is damn this thing gets HOT when charging in bulk mode. i have the aux deleted just by the fuse and negative cable. Got home from work to charge. Seems a little odd to me that it's charging in bulk mode instead of step 4 and was wondering if this is somehow charging the aux aswell even though the negative is not running to anything? is that even possible?

Jeep Gladiator Permanent mount battery tender Screenshot 2026-09-28 180600
Sponsored

 
 







Top