Sponsored

[POLL] Extended warranty megathread

Do you have an extended warranty on your JT?

• [3.6L] Yes, and I made use of it (specify for what & miles in the comment)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [3.6L] No, but I wish I did (explain?)

• [3.0L] Yes, and I made use of it (specify for what & miles in the comment)

• [3.0L] No, but I wish I did (explain?)

• 🍿| though, results are public (see “view result” button)

• Total voters

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Sorry, you're not going to find a sample size large enough to be representative here. First model year was 2020, most owners are still under the factory bumper to bumper, forget the 3.6's 5k/60 or the 3.0's 100k.

If you want a little bit better info try jlwranglerforum where they have 2 more years worth of experience and mileage plus a much larger install base.

ReverendZ

First Name
Zebulon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Mack's Toe Nacho
Occupation
Powersports Technical Support
Mine is in under 36k miles, probably getting engine, have a thread about it. Double check your dealers work on oil changes.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ParatusExpeditions

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
Just not to the right spec (MS-12991) for the Gen3 EcoD, thankfully right viscosity. Just wanted to be cautious and have this logged and fixed may I have any warranty work later down the line.

Happened to my buddy with his BMW that his dealer used the wrong viscosity though 🤕.

BearFootSam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Fed
It's aggregated risk, at scale the numbers are far in favor of the warrantor. For most, most, folks, the warranty will not pay off. However, if your risk, burden of unforeseen costs, is very high, then it may be worthwhile anyway. This is why homeowners or renters make sense, because the risk of loss, though unlikely, is so significant that it pays to lose money on an annual basis to preclude catastrophic occurrences. It all comes down to what kind of cash flow you have and how (un)lucky you feel.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I couldn't justify the cost. The ones I was quoted on didn't go past 125k miles iirc and the factory 3.0L warranty goes to 5 years 100k.

Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I couldn't justify the cost. The ones I was quoted on didn't go past 125k miles iirc and the factory 3.0L warranty goes to 5 years 100k.
I debated between the 125k miles and Unlimited. I went with the Unlimited, but it only goes to seven years where the other goes to eight years. If it gets toward the end and the policy is not used, I'll check into canceling and getting a refund.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I debated between the 125k miles and Unlimited. I went with the Unlimited, but it only goes to seven years where the other goes to eight years. If it gets toward the end and the policy is not used, I'll check into canceling and getting a refund.
Are you in a diesel? I don’t think I saw an unlimited option when I got mine and if I did was disinterested in spending the $5,000 for maybe.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Are you in a diesel? I don’t think I saw an unlimited option when I got mine and if I did was disinterested in spending the $5,000 for maybe.
I have a 2020 Overland with a gas engine. I bought from Tom Winkle. It was around $3500. I canceled the one the dealer sold me and got a $1200 refund.

OP
OP
ParatusExpeditions

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
I'm not sure the normal 100k Diesel warranty is very comparable. I understand it's only the powertrain and some emission stuff, whereas the extended warranty you can get from Tom or another provider is more comprehensive. I could be wrong

OP
OP
ParatusExpeditions

ParatusExpeditions

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JT Rubicon EcoDiesel
So the results are pretty much 50/50.
I’ve asked for a quote from Tom and read through the fine prints. For me, I don’t think I’ll do it not for the price or the possibility it breaks down, but because the policy is unclear on lift, tires etc. There is also an exclusion clause about the payload, having a camper on mine semi permanently installed, seems like an easy way out of anything for FCA to refuse my warranty.

NOT ELIGIBLE: The following are not eligible for any Vehicle Protection Plan: Vehicles registered outside of the United States, Guam and Puerto Rico; motor homes; taxis; vehicles converted from two to four-wheel drive; vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications; severe off-road use; vehicles not used in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications for payload and/or towing capacity; vehicles with a gross weight (G.V.W.) of over 14,000 pounds; vehicles equipped with NorthStar engines; vehicles where the manufacturer warranty has been voided or restricted by the manufacturer; vehicles that have been declared to be a total loss by any insurance company, are rebuilt after being declared a tota
Sponsored