Sponsored

Poor design, rain gutter over front doors.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Yeah as I have gotten older I operate with a bit more caution now..........being the sole bread winner right requires me to act like an adult (so fuckin over rated tho LOL).

My drive way has just enough slope where I will not do a lift, but lowering kits/suspension.....no problem.
Huh? Your driveway slopes, so you wonā€™t lift your Jeep? I would think the opposite. Actually, Iā€™ve never seen a good reason to lower much of anythingā€¦unless itā€™s a racecar.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Someone posted the 2021s are a bit different and have an added part - "there's a thread on that"
Not sure what is different, to be honest. But here's a photo of my 21's channel.

That said, I can say, with all of the torrential downpours, here, I've not encountered the rain pouring on my leg... maybe it's due to the fact that the renegade was AWFUL with it, but I'll open my doors a few seconds before stepping out...and the rain disappears?? *Shrug*

Jeep Gladiator Poor design, rain gutter over front doors. PXL_20210909_211355151

~ Casp

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure what is different, to be honest. But here's a photo of my 21's channel.

That said, I can say, with all of the torrential downpours, here, I've not encountered the rain pouring on my leg... maybe it's due to the fact that the renegade was AWFUL with it, but I'll open my doors a few seconds before stepping out...and the rain disappears?? *Shrug*

Jeep Gladiator Poor design, rain gutter over front doors. PXL_20210909_211355151

~ Casp
Plastic diverter in the door jamb or opening if I recall correctly, not seen from the outside.

Sponsored

obrianmcc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I recently saw a solution to this ... it was an extension that adhered to the front of the gutter. ... but I can't recall what, who, or where I saw it?

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Someone posted the 2021s are a bit different and have an added part - "there's a thread on that"
I have a 2021. That's why I said it and was wondering. Lol. I have the issue when I roll the window down but the door. As weird as it sounds.

jjdustr340

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator 80th Anniversary
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Crime fighter.
Several threads of great length on this - and it appears it's been resolved for the 2021 model year, or at least there's a THREAD ON THAT, TOO.
Mine is a 2021 and still does it. šŸ˜„
JK hard tops did the same thingā€¦at least they did in 2007.
Never had the issue with my 2013.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
JK hard tops did the same thingā€¦at least they did in 2007.
Ya, so did YJā€™sā€¦I had a hole rusted thru the drivers side floor big enough to stuff an Irish womanā€™s tucas.

Sponsored

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Ya, so did YJā€™sā€¦I had a hole rusted thru the drivers side floor big enough to stuff an Irish womanā€™s tucas.
CJs and YJs actually had a rain gutter that ran down the side of the windshield. That ended with the TJ, but I donā€™t recall whether I had that problem with any of mine or not. Probably not because there was no such thing as an internet Jeep forum back thenā€¦

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
I have a soft top and my solution works and is definitely compatible in keeping the folding windshield operable. it is super easy to fix and since it has been on I havenā€™t even thought about this issue
I'll be honest, the weather strip idea down the front of the door looks bad to me. It's not a nice clean solution that is deserving of the truck. It works, yes, but screams redneck engineering.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
CJs and YJs actually had a rain gutter that ran down the side of the windshield. That ended with the TJ, but I donā€™t recall whether I had that problem with any of mine or not. Probably not because there was no such thing as an internet Jeep forum back thenā€¦
Ya, I did have a soft top on mine, so I apologize for misleading... but.... mine leaked like a block of Swiss shit and whenever it rained or had water splashed on it... some of that water somehow almost always ended up on the inside, on the driver's side floor. You either learned to live with it or you drove something else waaay less fun. It was with me for 16 years.

Despite their (little) annoyances, there's no better, no more fun, no more interesting vehicle on the road... than a wrangler or a gladiator.