Sponsored

Possible to install a Mopar grille guard on OEM factory plastic bumper?

Peroo23

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Occupation
Sales director
Need help, I ´m a new gladiator owner an$ I just want to know if it’s possible to install a mopar grille gard on a eom plastic bumper
Sponsored

Commodus

First Name
Buck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue Gladiator, BMW X3
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Need help, I ´m a new gladiator owner an$ I just want to know if it’s possible to install a mopar grille gard on a eom plastic bumper
I wouldn't say you can't, but it would not be easy without a lot of modification

OP
OP
Peroo23

Peroo23

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Occupation
Sales director
Jeep Gladiator Possible to install a Mopar grille guard on OEM factory plastic bumper? 9C40C5D4-61F6-4496-93B7-3B15FCB4509D
Jeep Gladiator Possible to install a Mopar grille guard on OEM factory plastic bumper? 9C40C5D4-61F6-4496-93B7-3B15FCB4509D

OP
OP
Peroo23

Peroo23

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Occupation
Sales director
Look simple no ?

LostWoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4Runner / 1995 YJ
No. There's nothing under the bumper to support the thing as the plastic isn't structural like the steel bumper. There are some holes and bolts down there that you could build a custom solution but it's not as simple as mounting a bar to what is already there like the steel bumper.

Sponsored

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
You could put a plate under the bumper, essentially sandwiching the plastic bumper between the hoop and the plate. That would work, but I'd worry about longevity and the plastic bumper fatiguing.

OP
OP
Peroo23

Peroo23

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2021
Occupation
Sales director
Thank’s guys ! I will try the Muddertruck’s idea. No money to change the bumper now, brand new truck so...

Bull Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sea-cups.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave Sting Grey. 2018 Audi S5
I have been wondering this same thing. Its a tad annoying that Mojave has no provision for this. One thing I think was lame on jeep's part for the Mojave edition

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Last edited:

GSD Guy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
I made my own bar and mounted it on the Overland plastic bumper.

Yes, I used backer plates. It is bolted through the bumper cover and heavy part of the back plastic. It is VERY sturdy. More info here:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...le-guard-on-plastic-bumper.38842/#post-633387

Hey punk'n haven't gotten around to doing this yet but wondering how you have yours setup from an electrical standpoint, specifically is there a way so that they only come on with the headlights? I've got the Aux switches but my understanding is that the closest I can set lights on those is so that they come on with ignition and save that setting. There is no setting for only on with headlights as far as I know. Just wondering how you have them operating, thanks!

Sponsored

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
Hey punk'n haven't gotten around to doing this yet but wondering how you have yours setup from an electrical standpoint, specifically is there a way so that they only come on with the headlights? ..........
I wanted as many options of how/when to turn them on as possible. So, I just wired them to one of the Aux switches. I figured that gave me the most options...

a. with headlight low beam and fogs
b. with headlight high beam and fogs
c. with hi/or low headlight and no fogs
d. just bar light on by themselves.

However, if you wanted lights on the bar to come on with headlights, you could probably just tap one of the low beam wires and wire it into a relay as the trigger. Then, you could power the relay feed off of the Aux switch. This would allow you to have them on or off with headlights low beam via the Aux switch.

(On a side note....I did add a plug to disconnect wiring in case I ever want to pull bumper for some reason.)

GSD Guy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
Perfect thanks! Def going to add some terminals so I can disconnect if needed also.

MudderTruker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Hilux SR5 and Jeep Renegade ... name is on the list for a Gladiator!
Occupation
Computer dude
Hey punk'n haven't gotten around to doing this yet but wondering how you have yours setup from an electrical standpoint, specifically is there a way so that they only come on with the headlights? I've got the Aux switches but my understanding is that the closest I can set lights on those is so that they come on with ignition and save that setting. There is no setting for only on with headlights as far as I know. Just wondering how you have them operating, thanks!
In Australia you are only allowed to use spotlights with the headlights on, and they must be turned off if you are in the cities. So we have a lot of wiring harnesses that piggyback off the main lights.

Here is a brand that make cheaper items, but are very popular in Australia. 4WD Supercentre

GSD Guy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
In Australia you are only allowed to use spotlights with the headlights on, and they must be turned off if you are in the cities. So we have a lot of wiring harnesses that piggyback off the main lights.

Here is a brand that make cheaper items, but are very popular in Australia. 4WD Supercentre
Thanks for the link MudderTruker!

DBravo

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland, 2021 Jeep JL Sahara