Sponsored

Pretty bummed - Employee pricing, yeah right.

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
So we went to the dealer to order our Sport S, Max tow, loaded and were told since it would go into the next build cycle it would be 12 to 14 weeks, which was fine, until they told us they couldn't guarantee we would get employee pricing because EP may not be going on when our jeep was delivered... They said employee pricing was only for in stock vehicles.

Is that right?

I'm going to call Jeep cares Monday to see what they say. Pretty much done for now....
Sponsored

Yossarian

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Retired
Generally, employee pricing incentive specials are geared toward moving inventory on hand.

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I’d be willing to bet I can negotiate a better price than “employee pricing”. Do you honestly think FCA offers their lowest price to anyone and everyone without any effort?

Sponsored

Uparms

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT, 2020 JT, 72 CJ5,2005 LJ, 2002 TJ, 92 YJ
Vehicle Showcase
And if you get get a better price, tell them you sigh today if they give you that price, not matter what FCA says/does.

mountainpass

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport w/ Max Tow
I’d be willing to bet I can negotiate a better price than “employee pricing”. Do you honestly think FCA offers their lowest price to anyone and everyone without any effort?
Yep, I negotiated better deals before they went to employee pricing. I ended up buying a 2021(without employee discounts) for a better deal than 2020s.

kooltoys

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTD, 90 300zx TT, 07 Nightrain, MB 3.0L Diesel
Occupation
AV Design/Programming
just picked up last night, pretty pleased with the negotiated deal(lower then EP), could have maybe got a little more but Im not that patience and would have probably walked after anymore back and forth

LakeWalesSarge

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Jeep Sales Representative
Vehicle Showcase
So we went to the dealer to order our Sport S, Max tow, loaded and were told since it would go into the next build cycle it would be 12 to 14 weeks, which was fine, until they told us they couldn't guarantee we would get employee pricing because EP may not be going on when our jeep was delivered... They said employee pricing was only for in stock vehicles.

Is that right?

I'm going to call Jeep cares Monday to see what they say. Pretty much done for now....
I am a Certified Jeep Expert and work in Sales. My customers when we do a order we put down a 1000 deposit. Where I work this locks in todays price when the vehicle arrives if the incentives get better you get a better deal but if the prices get worse you have price protection.

Sponsored

OP
OP
prewdog4

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Wish, they would have done that here. We were going to put down a deposit, (or pay for it completely) they still would guarantee the price...

OP
OP
prewdog4

prewdog4

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Retired
Sorry, "wouldn't" guarantee the price!

MHayes

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 1952 VW Beetle 11G
Sorry, "wouldn't" guarantee the price!
No reason to be bummed at all! Sorry, but you’re going about this completely wrong. Forget about the employee pricing, as others said, you can negotiate a better deal. There are several dealers that have been mentioned on the forum they can get you 5, 6 or 7% off of invoice, which is much better than employee pricing. Go ahead and lock in the price for the Jeep that you are ordering, and worst case scenario is that is the price you pay when you pick it up. Best case scenario would be that incentives are in place that when you pick it up, you can put those on top of the already negotiated price.

Gvsukids

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Delivery Driver
Tread lightly will lock in 1%, but as others have said, negotiate a lower price. Employee pricing minimizes the negotiating.

Paull0426

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I’m having the same negotiating frustrations right now I’m trying to downsize from my wife’s armada into a Durango and they’re coming down around 7k but not wanting to completely discount the dealer “adds” and they’re only offering like 25k for my wife’s armada, I told them I don’t want to pay for the adds which is pretty much tint wheel locks and the theft deterrent crap, and told them to come up 2k on my wife’s trade and they haven’t called me back yet so I figure I’ll wait for the last week of the month and see if they’ll budge
Sponsored