First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
Sent the dealer an email. He says I am in D1 status with a ship date of Aug 28. At 1:59. AM. I hope the guy who drives it off the line is not groggy. But Friday morning is better than Friday night I suppose.
Sponsored

Whitejeeptj

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ, 2013 F150 FX4, Gladiator Sport S Diesel
Occupation
MRI tech
Sent the dealer an email. He says I am in D1 status with a ship date of Aug 28. At 1:59. AM. I hope the guy who drives it off the line is not groggy. But Friday morning is better than Friday night I suppose.
Sweet! I sure hope this is real as I was expecting a much longer wait getting the diesel JT all buttoned up. Maybe they removed all bugs with the diesel JL???? The thought makes me feel better anyway. I prefer not to be a guinea pig with a first run vehicle and or motor, so we are technically not the first run??????

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 StingGray JTRD, '09 Prius, '15 Odyssey
So, have all the 2020s left the plant? I'm guessing they would have had to switch over to the 2021 production line to have a 30 day build time, right? Anyone know how many they produce a day? More specifically, does anyone know when MINE will be delivered!?!? Feeling very Veruca Salt today.
Jeep Gladiator Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel 1596118980756

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
When I email the dealer (a buddy's cousin), he is able to download and send me a sheet that says when it should ship from the factory right down to the minute. Of course, I don't believe that level of detail is accurate. I would start with the dealer and then move on to the Jeep Chat people if you don't get the answer you want and you have the VIN number.

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
According to Jeep Chat, all parts have been received and should enter build phase soon. My order should have been placed on July 9th.

Sponsored

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
So, have all the 2020s left the plant? I'm guessing they would have had to switch over to the 2021 production line to have a 30 day build time, right? Anyone know how many they produce a day? More specifically, does anyone know when MINE will be delivered!?!? Feeling very Veruca Salt today.
Jeep Gladiator Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel 1596118980756
Patrick might email you soon. Just got an update from him. 8/28 1:59am estimated ship. Seems a little suspicious. @WMWHV posted the same but they might all be running down the line at the same time. Who knows.

Advguy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel, '19 Volvo XC40
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Guys, how do you obtain the VIN? Ordered my Overland eco diesel 7/27

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Guys, how do you obtain the VIN? Ordered my Overland eco diesel 7/27
The dealer gives it to you. You should have gotten an order sheet when you ordered with a VON - Vehicle Order Number. Within a week, the dealer should be able to go into the dealer system and print out another copy that has a VIN too. At some point after that, when he prints it, it will have estimated shipping date and status codes. The whole process is explained in the section of the Forum on ordering and tracking. I started this thread in the diesel section because there are a lot of us who have been moaning for over a year about how badly we want our diesels and this is a way we can share our diesel-specific misery while we wait and compare notes on other diesel builds.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Here are the different codes. The dealer can see which status you are in.

Just remember, once the Jeep is built, it will take some time to get it shipped to your dealer.

Stage 1

BA: New order that hasn't been checked, this is the status when the order is first put in. Only the dealer knows about it

BB: Review by fleet department, the order is now being processed.

BD: Special equipment processing. This is where things like snow plow prep etc get checked. Special items.

BE: Edit error

BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule. This is where the order can sit and wait for things like low volume paint where there needs to be x number or similar orders

BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable

BX: Passed edit available for schedule

Stage 2

C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule Now the factory knows about the order.

Stage 3

D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available

D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

Stage 4

E: Frame

F: Paint

G: Trim

I: Built not ok'd

J: Built ok'd

JB: Shipped to Upfit Center

JE: Emission check

JS: Shipped to storage

Stage 5

KZ: Released by plant, invoiced

KZL: Released - not shipped

KZM: First rail departure

KZN: First rail arrival

KZO: Delayed/recieved

KZOA: Plant holds

KZOB: Zone/distribution holds

KZOC: Carrier delays

KZOD: Carrier holds

KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle

KZOF: Show/test vehicle

KZOG: Damaged vehicle

KZOH: All other reasons

KZT: Second rail departure

KZU: Second rail arrival

KZX: Delivered to dealer

Stage Canceled

ZA: Canceled, the dealer or you have canceled the order

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Patrick might email you soon. Just got an update from him. 8/28 1:59am estimated ship. Seems a little suspicious. @WMWHV posted the same but they might all be running down the line at the same time. Who knows.
He sent me an email yesterday. Said mine is D1 and scheduled to ship 9/1! Didn’t get an exact minute but whatever. Super excited and impressed by their turnaround.

Sponsored

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
He sent me an email yesterday. Said mine is D1 and scheduled to ship 9/1! Didn’t get an exact minute but whatever. Super excited and impressed by their turnaround.
D1 means that all the parts are available for it to be built. There's usually a 30 day turnaround, so that sounds about right for a shipping date, but it seems that the shipping yard/rail has been slow to ship.

Schreconjeep

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
D1 means that all the parts are available for it to be built. There's usually a 30 day turnaround, so that sounds about right for a shipping date, but it seems that the shipping yard/rail has been slow to ship.
Yeah, I’m hoping the recent delay in shipping was due to backlog and should be more on track by the end of August. Either way, I’m glad it’s not going to be October.

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did he attach the print out? It should have a date/time

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a travel trailer on order scheduled to come off the line in Indiana 8/23. Wish I could just pick up the Jeep in Toledo, drive the 2.5hrs to Indiana and skip the shipping/transport of both...

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I have a travel trailer on order scheduled to come off the line in Indiana 8/23. Wish I could just pick up the Jeep in Toledo, drive the 2.5hrs to Indiana and skip the shipping/transport of both...
Not only would that be ideal, but it would probably save you money. My 2020 Ram EcoDiesel took nearly 30 days to get to the dealer. It was delayed getting out of the shipping yard, then it was delayed after it came off the rail car. My dealer said that everything is backed up.
Sponsored