Sponsored

Progress of building and delivering the Eco-Diesel

jwalt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2021 Gladiator Diesel Rubicon) (2020 Gladiator Overland) (2004 TJ, 2" lift).
I was referring to front steel bumper for winch.
I know, I have an EVO 1/4 pounder I will put on the front with a 10k winch. I also just looked at my box on my Bestop rollup Tonneau Cover and the ship weight said 107 lbs. I guess I will be wheeling by myself and my dog with no other passengers, a super light weight sleeping bag and a cooler of beer, because I have priorities and I will be maxed out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
If the cargo capacity of my diesel Rubicon is 975, that is 185 pounds less than a gas Rubicon (1160) per the numbers I found on the Jeep website. That means I can carry approximately one less fat chick. problem solved. No mother-in-law. A trade off I am willing to make.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
Nope. And I won’t based on my calculations.
Tow capacity = Calculation of GCWR less curb weight?
Payload capacity = Calculation of GVWR less curb weight?

Or are you using a calculation of GAWR (front) + GAWR (rear) less curb weight to get your payload?

kclendaniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Tow capacity = Calculation of GCWR less curb weight?
Payload capacity = Calculation of GVWR less curb weight?

Or are you using a calculation of GAWR (front) + GAWR (rear) less curb weight to get your payload?
Until I know the exact numbers I am within all three (GCWR, GAWR, GVWR) based off the latest specs and my estimated curb weight based on options comparisons with the JL rubi diesel. You have to consider although I am purchasing a rubicon I don’t plan on any hard core off-roading in the near term as it will be my current daily driver so some of the excess Rubi weight (skid plates, rock rails etc) will be removed and stored for the future when I feel like beating it up off road. I am looking at an estimated 250lb just from steel removed. I will be doing some extensive testing at the CAT scale near me to weigh the pros and cons of different changes and I do have a set of air bags for the rear ready to be installed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Mine showed up on Crypto this morning and I was able to add it to my FCA “Garage” this evening. My max payload is 962 pounds and notwithstanding my towing package, my towing rating is N/A. GVW is 6450. The crypto sheet goes on for 10 pages of every little detail.

enjin

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD
Occupation
IT stuff
I keep hearing that the Diesel is only limited by cooling. If so, are there any good/easy options to manage heat better?

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I keep hearing that the Diesel is only limited by cooling. If so, are there any good/easy options to manage heat better?
Get more air flow to the engine. Air flow to the engine seems to be the biggest problem for the Jeep.

_7slots_

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 ZJ, 2020 JLUR 2.0T [wifes], 2021 JTR Ecodiesel [ordered 7/3]
Occupation
Reactor Operator Trainee
Ordered 7/3
D1 as of 9/14 ! :LOL: estimated ship date of 10/9

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
ive seen a couple skid plate options for aftermarket Bumpers where they’ve left slots open for LED bars. I wonder if the inter cooler could be rerouted there, which would free up airflow to the radiator

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
Ordered Overland EcoDiesel on Aug 3rd.....Jeep Chat told me it's in Paint today....I know they may be off, but surely not THAT FAR off....right?? hoping for delivery by 2nd week of October

SalukiFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator EcoDiesel
still waiting to see the first post of taking delivery of ecodiesel.....it's like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory watching TV everynight to see who won the golden tickets....

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
still waiting to see the first post of taking delivery of ecodiesel.....it's like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory watching TV everynight to see who won the golden tickets....
well I ordered the factory brake controller and now it’s closed to ordering again so I may be watching from a distance for a while

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Today, Jeep Chat says it is awaiting final inspection and shipping. As of last week when I last had the dealer look it up, today was the ship date. I think we will be seeing those pictures soon. Probably whoever is closest to Toledo.
Sponsored