FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
Anyone else in Florida get a renewal at double the price? If so what was the alternative insurance companies? I would hate to renew at that increase. No accidents, no tickets, wife is excluded. So a wild guess would be the massive rise in crime and accidents in my area or progressive is just being ridiculous.
Sponsored

Max-t

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator mojave
Occupation
Retired
Hmm I had usaa do that to me once. Turned out they were getting out of motorcycle insurance in Hawaii. Rather than cancel coverage they just bumped it up massively, they’ll cancel or pay for the hassle. I ended up with progressive. They came back a few years later.

I’d definitely call them. Strange things happen with electronic records.
once I had a speeding ticket In Hawaii, who doesn’t share their ticket data with insurance companies automatically. A couple years later, I got a call…” hey we found a ticket… your rates are going up for a couple years… and btw, we asked if you had any and you said no… we could cancel you on the spot. “

not saying that’s you… but they may have linked something to you valid or otherwise. Also possible they are paying for some new insurance law or something.

Main Line Willys

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
How long have you been with them?
It seams like insurance should be shopped every 4 years to keep the rates in check.

Last edited:
OP
OP

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
  • Banned
How long have you been with them?
It seams like insurance should be shopped every 4 years to Jeep the rates in check.
Right at 3 years since I got the truck. Have not priced any other companies, but today for sure i'll check a few other companies. Probably start with State farm.

Main Line Willys

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR
edited my post - I meant to type keep, but my spell checker did Jeep.
Appropriate I guess considering I always have Jeeps on my mind

Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
State Farm did the same thing to us and we've been with them about 3 years. Slightly different circumstances with driving records (two young adult drivers) but my wife and I have clean driving records for decades.

Our zip code and surrounding areas have seen a massive influx of residents (North Texas - Collin County) and the associated insurance claims have increased as have the insurance company expenses. I thought we were all handled based on our individual records but boy was I wrong as it's an aggregate across the geographic area and the likelihood you'll file a clam.

We ended up going with Liberty Mutual as they were 60% of what State Farm was proposing. We pay in full every six months and Liberty Mutual locks the rate in for 12 months. I'm not happy with paying more but paying less than I expected to for better coverage is a happy middle ground.

Timoleon

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Tech
Progressive just sent me an updated quote for my insurance on my side by side. Since I had paid for the full year last December (12/22) I thought they couldn't increase the cost until the end of the policy period. Guess again. The bump was for uninsured motorists. It went up to just about double and they wanted payment by the 10th of July. I am in New Mexico and I am sure there are millions of uninsured drivers (new illegal arrivals) driving all over the desert out here so I told them to go f_ck themselves. This seems to be the new (tax) on us all for our glorious leader allowing the whole world to walk across the border here.

Silverator

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Music
State Farm did the same thing to us and we've been with them about 3 years. Slightly different circumstances with driving records (two young adult drivers) but my wife and I have clean driving records for decades.

We ended up going with Liberty Mutual as they were 60% of what State Farm was proposing. We pay in full every six months and Liberty Mutual locks the rate in for 12 months. I'm not happy with paying more but paying less than I expected to for better coverage is a happy middle ground.
Went the exact opposite direction this year. Liberty Mutual screwed us soooooooo bad on a vintage collectable truck that got totaled in an ice storm accident. (Shouldn't have been totaled.). They were completely unreasonable, and un-moveable no matter how many comps they were provided. They don't even do their own comps. They use an outside company to shield them. State Farm has always been good to us on the house side. We'll see how they do on the Car side......

Sponsored

Sandevino

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Went the exact opposite direction this year. Liberty Mutual screwed us soooooooo bad on a vintage collectable truck that got totaled in an ice storm accident. (Shouldn't have been totaled.). They were completely unreasonable, and un-moveable no matter how many comps they were provided. They don't even do their own comps. They use an outside company to shield them. State Farm has always been good to us on the house side. We'll see how they do on the Car side......
Funny how experiences differ from person to person and state to state.

State Farm can go suck rocks. I pulled everything I have with them.

AyeCantSeeYou

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Construction Superintendent
Try Geico. I used to live in FL and they had the cheapest rates at the time.

bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Firecracker Red
It happens, geico did the same thing to me in tampa. Literally doubled my premium, ended up at progressive now for half the geico rate. Just have to shop around a bit.

Mav4x4Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Sport Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Truck Builder
I use a company called Shelter. A while back they sent me a renewal that was over $100 (per 6 months) more than before for both my vehicles. No where close to double but I wasn't feeling it. I called my local agent and told them they could find a way to bring that back down or I could find a way to get a new insurance company. They met me somewhere in the middle.

But yea - they don't care how loyal you are. Shop around. I have stuck with this one simply because the increases haven't been awful yet and my claims experience with them for the house and cars has been great so far.

Rockabillyroy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Didn't all insurance go up in FL? My buddy's home insurance doubled. A mix of weather catastrophes and deregulation.
Sponsored