Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

Los_Links

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Jeep TJ

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
Installed my harness and handle today. I downloaded the JScan app, and have an OB2 adapter on order. My superchips flashcal does not have the settings to change this, which is a bummer. Oh well. I can’t tell if mine works or not but overall the install went fine.

edit- used JScan app to activate. It works. Going to do the passenger side now.

Last edited:

caseysgirlRN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
shopping for 2021 Gladiator
Occupation
RN
Just checking before I order a kit. I have a 2021 sport s. This is the driver body side plug. The needed pins are the ones I put dots by, correct?

Side note... pulling on this too hard won't pop the plug from the body... it breaks the clip on the back of the plug. Time for some velcro. Two days old and I already broke something 😆🤣😂
20210513_145610.jpg
So...if your harness looks like this you just need to order the door handle and cap? or do you still need the wiring harness?

Sponsored

garzilla

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Software Engineer
So...if your harness looks like this you just need to order the door handle and cap? or do you still need the wiring harness?
Like the other guy said

You still need the harness in the door but you don't have to do anything else on the body side.

james_f

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Thanks Benny! Parts shipped quickly and I got the driver side done and setup with Tazer. Hopefully the passenger side will go much quicker :LOL:

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Hi Guys,

We could use some help here if possible. We have a customer located in the Monroe, Louisiana area looking for a dealership that can install the passive entry kit on her 2021 Rubicon. The dealership she brought the Jeep to initially did not know how to install the parts as there were no instructions :facepalm: , Yes this was a Jeep dealership. She is willing to drive some distance to have it installed.

Any help or info is appreciated!

Thank you,
- Benny

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Guys,

We could use some help here if possible. We have a customer located in the Monroe, Louisiana area looking for a dealership that can install the passive entry kit on her 2021 Rubicon. The dealership she brought the Jeep to initially did not know how to install the parts as there were no instructions :facepalm: , Yes this was a Jeep dealership. She is willing to drive some distance to have it installed.

Any help or info is appreciated!

Thank you,
- Benny
Dang, if they were closer I'd do it. I did mine, instructions not needed for the hardware, just need to get the right settings in. Funny thing - it's like replacing broken parts - nothing really "new" is installed. That's downright scary a dealership didn't handle it.

My dealership even added it to my VIN and reflashed it to test the system after I installed the parts I bought from you. It now shows up in my MOPAR page.

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
Dang, if they were closer I'd do it. I did mine, instructions not needed for the hardware, just need to get the right settings in. Funny thing - it's like replacing broken parts - nothing really "new" is installed. That's downright scary a dealership didn't handle it.

My dealership even added it to my VIN and reflashed it to test the system after I installed the parts I bought from you. It now shows up in my MOPAR page.
Yes I tried explaining this to the service advisor but they didn't want to hear it. It's a small dealership that is behind the times.

- Benny

Ecamimo

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Hvac
i have a jeep gladiator overland i just put 2 new handles and caps and the harness in each and set everything in the jscan app i have an iphone but the passenger side is not working only the driver side and i switch the handle and same thing any thoughts thanks

AllMoparParts.com

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT's!
i have a jeep gladiator overland i just put 2 new handles and caps and the harness in each and set everything in the jscan app i have an iphone but the passenger side is not working only the driver side and i switch the handle and same thing any thoughts thanks
Check the harness connectors and pins to ensure none are bent. We have seen this on the drivers side cause an issue on the pass side so check both sides.

- Benny

Ecamimo

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator overland
Occupation
Hvac
Check the harness connectors and pins to ensure none are bent. We have seen this on the drivers side cause an issue on the pass side so check both sides.

- Benny
I just play with the main harness connector and just started to work thank you
Sponsored