Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
I just replaced mine with a small bit of vinyl (electrical) tape. You can get vinyl tape in multiple colors, so it doesn’t have to be black.

Kevin
Oo good idea. Her JL is Hydro Blue, be nice to get a blue dot(s)
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
The blue is a close match.

Kevin
Yeah, but is it concours correct? Might get dinged in judging.

I was able to use one of them over, stuck fine, the other I used a VERY thin layer of 008001 3M and it's still stuck looking good.
Hmmm, I bet I have blue electric tape....yup. yellow, blue, green, brown, white and black - I think there's some gray in my tool box. No razzleberry, though.

Erievon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR., 2021 JLU Altitude
Occupation
International Banker
LOL she's gonna be mad when she gets points deducted in judging. The dot stuck the first time. It was the third and fourth time that did it in when I was farting around with the bad caps trying to make it work, exchanging it with my factory cap and then ultimately reversing the magnets.

gsav69

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Max Tow), 2012 Mclaren 12C
Occupation
Biotech
When I bought my JT, this was the only feature missing and was almost a deal breaker until my Mom of all people told I was being dumb. I guess I had been spoiled by previous vehicles.

A big shout out to everyone contributing to this forum!

As of yesterday with some help from AZ Wholesale Mopar for a screaming deal on parts:
(https://www.azwholesalemopar.com)

...AND ChadMyers73
Jeep Gladiator Proximity Doors Lock Install
()

Life is too short to spend it digging in my pocket! :rock:

Thanks a BUNCH!!
Hey bud. Congrats. Gladiator noob here. If you don't mind did AZ Mopar have the proximity kit in stock and what are they getting for it? Pm me if more appropriate. Thx in advance.

Sponsored

Moonshineheadache

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Great White Edition Rubicon
Occupation
Gas Pump Jockey - I hate cans!
Vehicle Showcase
Hey bud. Congrats. Gladiator noob here. If you don't mind did AZ Mopar have the proximity kit in stock and what are they getting for it? Pm me if more appropriate. Thx in advance.
They have all the parts in stock ( or get them in very quick) - not a kit, but individually. All shipped in 4-5 days. $300ish shipped

cdwaddell

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
It looks like my Sport S Max Tow did not come with pins 15 and 16 in the dash side wiring harness. I have already replaced the door harnesses and handles. Does anyone have a writeup on what to purchase to add those pins and wires to connect 15 and 16 to the head unit?

Redbear

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
It looks like my Sport S Max Tow did not come with pins 15 and 16 in the dash side wiring harness. I have already replaced the door harnesses and handles. Does anyone have a writeup on what to purchase to add those pins and wires to connect 15 and 16 to the head unit?
Not being a jerk, but did you reprogram it to let it know it was there?

Kewlrobd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Have you confirmed the pins are not there? I installed mine today and it would not work at first. Ended up being one of the defective door handle caps. I removed the cap, switched the polarity on the magnet and it started working. I wasted an hour taking the door apart and double checking my connections before remembering the known cap issue.

Sponsored

cdwaddell

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Kewlrobd I did, and I started to post that here yesterday. While writing it up, I noticed that I may have been mistaken. I will try the polarity switch, maybe I received two bad handle caps.

cdwaddell

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@Kewlrobd thanks for keeping me honest! I was able to switch the polarity on the magnets and both of the door handles are working. I had tested the polarity with a small kitchen magnet, but must have messed up earlier in my testing. The caps had the same 1/4/21 date on them, which was the date of the bad batch. This was a much easier fix than running some jumper wires.

gsav69

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biotech
@Kewlrobd thanks for keeping me honest! I was able to switch the polarity on the magnets and both of the door handles are working. I had tested the polarity with a small kitchen magnet, but must have messed up earlier in my testing. The caps had the same 1/4/21 date on them, which was the date of the bad batch. This was a much easier fix than running some jumper wires.
Hey Bud. I'm considering ordering these parts. Do you mind sharing what's involved in the polarity fix on the caps? I got ballsuck luck and can guarantee mine will be bad lol. Thx in advance.

gsav69

First Name
Gabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biotech
I will tell you where NOT to buy any of your parts and thats AZWholesaleMopar. I just placed an order from NJ using my email that is linked to a paypal to be sent to my home address linked to the paypal and they cancelled it due to high risk. It's so high risk that they don't report it to paypal as fraud but feel it appropriate to take 3 to 5 days to refund my money. I called the number listed on their site and some idiot who fulfills orders tells me to take it up with the website, which he has no affiliation with and hangs up. I believe that clown works with a dodge in peoria az which I would also avoid.
Sponsored