Sponsored

Proximity door locks retrofit on Wrangler/Gladiator, someone figured it out (DIY writeup)

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Willys NACHO
Want to get the proximity locks kit, $327 AND a 45 day waiting period? Ugh...anyone order these recently?
Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
45 days is no wait these days. Check out news and photos of the docks. Prez has asked fedex, ups, and walmart to work 24/7 to get things moving. Jobs report also states Americans quitting jobs in record numbers in some industries.. Source us dept of labor. These waits are global. You should see the troubles where i am right now. And Americans are griping????

PAULIEWANKENOBI

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Maybe someone who has done this can help. I added driver's door only prox kit that I've read about on my 2020 Gladiator Overland. Install went flawlessly, thanks to the write up on this board.
Where im struggling is the programming. I bought the Vlinker MC+ and a license to JSCAN. I enabled passive entry in there and nothing has changed. No errors while activating it. Am I doing something wrong or out of sequence? The Overland should have the nessecary PIN in the harness since I have led lighting and keyless go right?
Kind of stuck and I don't want to visit the dealer. Any suggestions or advice would be appreciated. Thank you!!

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
There's multiple settings you need to change (maybe can leave out the right side smart antenna part - I've never installed only one side)

With JScan you need to enable the passive entry,
turn on the UConnect passive entry setting,
and enable the appropriate antennas.

These are the changes, no matter which tool you use:

AP1 Left front > smart switch (must do)

AP2 right front > smart switch

Passive entry present > yes/ active (must do)

Passive entry CSM > yes/ active (this puts the choice in the radio settings menu)

It may take a day (roughly 24 hours) for the menu selection to show up in the radio)

PAULIEWANKENOBI

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
There's multiple settings you need to change (maybe can leave out the right side smart antenna part - I've never installed only one side)

Passive entry CSM > yes/ active (this puts the choice in the radio settings menu)

It may take a day (roughly 24 hours) for the menu selection to show up in the radio)
Awesome.. ty!! I missed the antennea to smart switch....got the other 2. Thank you so much!

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Great! Glad it worked out.

arom

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave

I'm in the process of using JScan to prep for this mod. Can someone confirm that you need to make changes in BOTH the Passive Entry Setting and the Radio User Settings?

seems like the setting is redundant in the Passive Entry Settings menu and the RAdio User settings menu

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm in the process of using JScan to prep for this mod. Can someone confirm that you need to make changes in BOTH the Passive Entry Setting and the Radio User Settings?

seems like the setting is redundant in the Passive Entry Settings menu and the RAdio User settings menu
You add the menu selection in the radio so you can disable or enable it there once it's all set up and all of the settings are otherwise added/changed.
It's not redundant - it's making it complete.
Yes, it will work without - but anyone looking in the settings that knows it should be there may wonder.
You can use the setting in the radio to disable passive entry if you wish - that's all it is.
It will work without it, but IMO, why not put it in there to make it complete? It's no more work.

PAULIEWANKENOBI

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator

I can confirm after doing this yesterday that you need to make changes in the radio setting, the passive entry activation AND the antennas for each door. So if you have both front doors you need to activate smart switch on AP1 AND AP2. (AP1 is driver's door, AP2 is passenger...and so on)
I only activated the 2 passive entries and it didn't work. I asked here for advice and the answer was spot on. (Ty shadowspapa)
So setting changes at minimum 3 sperate locations in the passive entry field. Hope that helps!

OHverland

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Want to get the proximity locks kit, $327 AND a 45 day waiting period? Ugh...anyone order these recently?
Google the individual MOPAR part numbers provided in the "kit" separately. Find them in stock and order separately. That's what I did to avoid the 45 day wait. Paid just a few extra bucks through this method but worth it to not wait.

Sponsored

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Google the individual MOPAR part numbers provided in the "kit" separately. Find them in stock and order separately. That's what I did to avoid the 45 day wait. Paid just a few extra bucks through this method but worth it to not wait.
Darn wish I knew this then, been waiting almost a month now

Darel

First Name
Darel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JT Rubi Sarge Green; '08 JK
Occupation
Military
Anyone found a dealer in or near northeast PA that added it to the VIN? I don't really want to go the Tazer route and knowing my local dealer I'd have to talk to seven different people and try to explain what I need done and none would understand. Because NEPA.

Fishee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, FYI here

There has been confirmed reports of bad handle caps which have caused issues. If one side works but not the other we recommend swapping them first to verify. Based on customer feedback the magnets were installed in reverse, So far it seems to be a somewhat small batch.

Thanks,
- Benny
I have issue of drivers side working perfectly but passenger side doesn't work at all. Touching handle doesn't unlock and pushing button doesn't lock. Would a misplaced magnet affect the button as well?

Wilsonb80

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator.
Occupation
Cable Dog / Network weeny
I have issue of drivers side working perfectly but passenger side doesn't work at all. Touching handle doesn't unlock and pushing button doesn't lock. Would a misplaced magnet affect the button as well?
If you swap the caps it will confirm if that is the issue... i would make sure all the AP are active in the JSCAN first.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Like Brian suggested.................

and for convenience, here's what needs to be set in the BCM using the tool of your choice (the last one is for making it show up in the radio settings menu and may not display there for several hours)

These are the changes, no matter which tool you use (be very certain the top 3 are set):

AP1 Left front > smart switch

Passive entry present > yes/ active

Passive entry CSM > yes/ active
Sponsored