OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Sounds like the turbo is trying to build boost then leaks. Maybe sticking solenoid? Highly doubt that it's the hpfp.
Haven't had any issues with the turbo and don't have any codes. Not saying that it could be a piece of the issue, but it winds up and checked out ok last time it was in the shop.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is some more information on what the dealer believes was causing the issue.

The tech was not able to duplicate the stalling, thankfully I got video of it this time and they were able to see the symptoms, but when they checked the computer again this time, he found a code "P05EC-00" cold start injection timing performance set in the PCM. The code only showed up after sitting overnight. Once they found that code, they tested the fuel delivery system. The pressure was within range but slightly low at 60 PSI. Then the volume test came back as failed due to the system only delivering .60 liters in 15 seconds compared to the spec which is .75 liters in 15 seconds. The retest of the volume came back similar at .65 liters in 15 seconds. So, they replaced the fuel pump inside the fuel tank and rechecked the volume and is now within spec.

The one thing that annoys me is that they checked the fuel filter and said that it was "relatively clean" but didn't replace it after they replaced the tank fuel pump. You would think that if there was a volume issue and replaced the tank pump, they would replace the filter too. But i guess if it is not on their scope or diagnosis step, they won't replace it. When i get it back home, i plan on replacing the fuel filter with one that i have been holding onto for the next fuel filter change.

Fingers crossed this resolves the stalling issue.

OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, my saga continues. This morning, I was leaving the house and heard a small rattle noise and turned down the radio to see if I was hearing things or if my jeep was making the similar noise I heard the last couple times that my jeep stalled. And it was in fact my jeep making the same rattling noise. But this time it didn't completely stall. I pulled over and as I was doing that the CEL came on. This is the first time that I have ever seen the CEL come on. Ran the codes and it pulled P061B and P062B. Both related to control modules. 61B is for torque calculation and 62B is module for fuel injectors.

So, back to the dealer it goes ans i will most likely be starting a buy back and get a new one, hopefully.

Screenshot_20240323_105021_AlfaOBD.jpg

Screenshot_20240323_105033_AlfaOBD.jpg

bentrod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel
I'm sorry to hear this -OP.
Most likely the dealer didn't properly clean out the debris from the first pump failure IE remove the fuel tank and be SURE its clean and metal free

Sponsored

OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm sorry to hear this -OP.
Most likely the dealer didn't properly clean out the debris from the first pump failure IE remove the fuel tank and be SURE its clean and metal free
Starting the buyback as it started to act up again as i was leaving the dealer after they replaced the PCM and said that it is all good now.

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Starting the buyback as it started to act up again as i was leaving the dealer after they replaced the PCM and said that it is all good now.
Not sure if this is a lemon, a failed HPFP repair or a combination of both. I would just try to get a new one out of the deal. There should still be plenty of 23’s out there Jeep can get you into for a “steal” and according to the little I know on buy backs, if you’re financing the loan shouldn’t change, so you won’t lose on a 2% rate from the good Ol’ days.

OP
OP
Adventure_JTRD

Adventure_JTRD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if this is a lemon, a failed HPFP repair or a combination of both. I would just try to get a new one out of the deal. There should still be plenty of 23’s out there Jeep can get you into for a “steal” and according to the little I know on buy backs, if you’re financing the loan shouldn’t change, so you won’t lose on a 2% rate from the good Ol’ days.
I'm not sure either. but since the beginning of this year it has just started to get more and more frequent. And after it started to make the rattling noise like it has before and stalled on me, I took it back to the dealer. And of course the diesel tech doesn't work on Friday and won't look at it until Monday. I was hoping they would get someone to drive it with me and I could show them what was happening.

I bought this outright so no loan. But I do plan on try to get them to help me repurchase one.

SSingh1975

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BMW IX Electric, '23 Diesel Gladiator
Occupation
Live on welfare.
Not sure if its helpful but if its a repeatitive problem and Jeep can't address it, I'd engage corporate and opt for a lemon law buyout. I bought the Grand Cherokee years back when the 1st batch released with the new 8 speed tranny. It was nothing but a disaster. CEL on every month....multiple trips to dealer..they started replacing parts on literally a brand new SUV .....6 months past by and the truck spend more at the dealership rather than at my house. I kept all repair receipts. Then after the final CEL, I contacted corporate office, filed all the paperwork for a lemon buyback and even at that, it was a 3 month process and Jeep finally agreed. I returned the vehicle and Jeep also mailed me a a portion of my down payment. Or ya can negotiate on a buyback towards a new diesel with extra financing or cash (a lot of CA dealer still have disels on the lot ..I just bought mine from Folsum Jeep last week for $49k).

Since then, I NEVER buy the 1st batch of new tech or engines in any brand. I told myself I've never touch a Jeep (or a GM product) with even a yard stick . And now I'm back with diesel Glady...lol.
Sponsored