Punk'n returns for 2023 - And other 2023 changes

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
I'd be far more inclined to believe everything if it wasn't for the mention of Punk'n coming back over a year from now on a very specific date. We can barely get info on what's happening in the next month as far as ordering goes and I'm supposed to believe that this information that's 13 months out is accurate? I really hope it's wrong and that Earl will be available to order sooner than January.

Edit: It also says "thanks to our dealer connections." Since when have the dealers known anything about production dates for specific colors? If that were the case, I think we'd have this information a lot sooner than what's posted on some rumor website. I could be wrong and this is all accurate, but I'm dubious about it.
Sponsored

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
This should make some people pretty damn happy. High Velocity and Earl are also coming. Earl is going to be a limited run unlike being an all year color like on the Wrangler.

We Get A Sneak Peak At The Changes Coming For The 2023 Jeep® Gladiator

Link won't work. Article is on Mopar Insider.

Jeep® has already released details about much of its 2023 model year changes for its iconic Wrangler and popular Grand Cherokee lineups. But for the 2023 Jeep Gladiator (JT), the American adventure has been quiet about the changes it has lined up for its midsize pickup truck. But thanks to our dealer connections, we have learned a number of changes coming to the 2023 Gladiator lineup.

American Flag –

Taking cues from the 2023 Jeep Wrangler (JL), all 2023 Gladiator models will now feature the American flag on the Gladiator decal on each front fender. The detail will only be on the U.S. models (sorry international fans).

Colors –

When it comes to the 2023 color palette, the Gladiator will have three new exterior colors for the new model year. As part of the core color lineup, High-Velocity Yellow (PJF) will replace the popular Snazzberry (PRV) paint.

There will also be two limited colors throughout the year. The first is the new Earl (PGP), a color that is available throughout the entire year on Wrangler. Earl will be launched on January 2nd, 2023, so there will be a while to wait for Gladiator fans. The other limited edition color will be the return of the famed Punk’n. Punk’n fans, you will have to wait a full year as the color is scheduled to return to the lineup on August 28th, 2023.

Trim Changes –

Gladiator Sport & Sport S (Manual)
– three packages (23B), (24B), & (23S) will now have the Overland’s front bumper with accent color (MBA) as standard equipment for 2023.

Gladiator Sport S (2TS) – the (2TS) package will no longer have standard body-color fender flares (MM3). Body-color fenders will be optional in the Convenience Group (ADC) for 2TS. Manual MAX payload will also have an increase of 10 lbs. to 1,710 lbs.

Willys (2TW) – Willys (2TW) package will now feature a standard technology package (AAN) to include Proximity Keyless Entry, Remote Start, Garage Door Opener, and 7-inch TFT screen.

Freedom (2TF) – We have discussed the new limited edition Sport S-based Freedom model in an earlier post. We have learned that the Freedom model will be built from September to November 2022, with only 2,000 models planned for production. The package features Black aluminum wheels (WFP), premium LED lighting (AGA), steel front bumper (MC6), steel rear bumper (MD6), rock rails (MEF), American flag decals (MVF), Oscar Mike badge (MG9), Leather with trimmed cloth bucket seats (*LL), and Black fender decals (MPQ).

High Altitude Capability Package (ACP) for (2TN) – A new package (ACP) is now available on High Altitude (2TN) for 2023. It includes a steel front bumper (MC6), rock rails (XGS), front off-road camera (XNY), and painted rear bumper (MBC).

American Jeep dealers are now able to order 2023 Gladiator models, with production scheduled to start on Monday, September 5th, 2022.
Hardly a change

Signing Spock

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sport & 2022 JLU Willys
Occupation
USAF Cyber
I'd be far more inclined to believe everything if it wasn't for the mention of Punk'n coming back over a year from now on a very specific date. We can barely get info on what's happening in the next month as far as ordering goes and I'm supposed to believe that this information that's 13 months out is accurate? I really hope it's wrong and that Earl will be available to order sooner than January.

Edit: It also says "thanks to our dealer connections." Since when have the dealers known anything about production dates for specific colors? If that were the case, I think we'd have this information a lot sooner than what's posted on some rumor website. I could be wrong and this is all accurate, but I'm dubious about it.
I hope you’re right and it’s BS

Sponsored

rymanrph

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 JT Rubicon
I wouldn't trust much until you see a press release from Stellantis or your dealer shows you the order screen. We saw an early fleet order guide for 2022 that had both Earl and High Velocity on it for the Gladiator and it never happened. Reign was supposed to be a 2022 color for the JL and it didn't come out until 2023, so you never know. As they say, it's not official until it's official.

punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R.I.P '20 Overland (totaled) Welcome home '21 Rubi
This sounds like great news! Oh, how I miss my Punk'n :mad:

Tommyd

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Grounds manager
Mopar Insiders has been wrong before, and I hope they are this time.

If not, what a crock of shit. Earl has been teased literally on the Gladiator as a near future color and now Jeep keeps stringing those along who have been waiting around until next year... And then they bring back the Freedom package, but greatly limit its production and for me anyway close it out before Earl is on offer (unlike the Wrangler).
And how hard is it to actually just add the color now? Really

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn't trust much until you see a press release from Stellantis or your dealer shows you the order screen.
The dealer's order screen said earl was "limited edition, late availability" - otherwise, no real detail. I didn't see a lot of difference in many areas. So at least generically speaking that part is right.

Sponsored

The Duck of Earl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In flux
High velocity in person at the dealer yesterday. Trust me, it's even more awful in person. Not a fan...

Jeep Gladiator Punk'n returns for 2023 - And other 2023 changes 20220718_163823
A color maybe two people are actually clamoring for in a JT. Looks like the color of Monster energy drink at best, or perhaps my urine after a long and fun/but regrettable night at worst.

JET_83

Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
What do you mean used to look like? That's High Velocity - that's the paint code which was a new color for the 2022 JL. It was never any different color.
Looks different from what I saw on a JT in 2020
Sponsored