Sponsored

Quote from a local shop to lift my 2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon

cdyoung9799

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Gladiator
If you're already thinking this, then don't do the spacer kit. Do it right the first time and get the Mopar lift. You'll be happier with it in the long run, especially if what you're telling us that it will be for only mild off-roading. Also, with the Mopar lift, you won't have to worry about shock extension, geometry correction brackets, etc. Get the Mopar lift with taller springs, new shocks and new control arms, get an adjustable front track bar and pretty much call it a day. You'll be able to run 37's without issue. This is the exact same setup I had on my 2020 Rubicon Gladiator and it served me well except for one small issue of passenger side lean which might have been incorrectly installed springs.
+1 for this. Exactly what I was thinking.
Sponsored

HydroWilllys

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Definitely do the MOPAR lift..donā€™t budget. I ran it on my JK Willys for 6 years and it was flawless, rugged and performed perfectly; and I wheeled it hard. The Fox reservoir shocks worked flawlessly. I paired it with 35ā€ Toyo Open Country MTs and it was IMO, the perfect combo. It never let me down and tracked straight as an arrow itā€™s entire life.

I plan on doing the same set up on my JT Willys next month.

OP
OP
TheTrailGeek

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon - Gator
Occupation
Coder
Yeah, Iā€™m definitely going to do the Mopar kit. Dealer is pretty competitive on the tire / wheel prices so I might just have a shop do the lift and then have the dealer add the tires / wheels.

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, Iā€™m definitely going to do the Mopar kit. Dealer is pretty competitive on the tire / wheel prices so I might just have a shop do the lift and then have the dealer add the tires / wheels.
Check with the dealer about pricing and installing the lift. They might be competitive on pricing there too and since it's a Mopar lift, they're probably familiar with installing them already. Just a thought.

OP
OP
TheTrailGeek

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Coder
Check with the dealer about pricing and installing the lift. They might be competitive on pricing there too and since it's a Mopar lift, they're probably familiar with installing them already. Just a thought.
The one in Jasper GA wanted $2,900. I was like, nope. Iā€™m going to check with a few others on Monday.

Sponsored

Trickster

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT HA, 22 Volvo V60 CC, 76 Fiat 124,
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
My experience with dealer wheel and tire packages isā€¦ā€¦they are just another middle man with their own markups.
But hey if they are competitively priced to your other sources, then go for it.
I have always got better pricing from actual Tire companies online.

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Hit up @Discount Tire and see if they will beat your tire price. Can't hurt to ask. I got my lift and shocks in a package out of MA from a shop that undercut everyone. Save me a few hundred.

I have a 2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon that's stock at the moment. Got a quote from a local shop for a 2" lift and 37" tires and wanted to get your thoughts on it. I asked if the steering stabilizer needed beefed up at all with the 37s and they added the Steersmart. Not sure that's actually a stabilizer, but just started reading about that and if it's necessary. Drives straight as an arrow now without much play on the stock 33s. Also, another local shop said 37s would rub with the 2" lift, but from everything I'm reading on here, I don't think that's the case. Would appreciate any thoughts / input on this quote and adding / removing stuff. Thanks in advance for any help.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 10.17.23 AM.png

Stitchedupseats

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
My BFG 37s rubbed like hell in Moab front and rear. I had the bush whacker high clearance flares too. Rubbed ADD high clearance bumper too. Running 2ā€ spacer w/ 2ā€ coil in the front.

Shadowmaker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Photographer
+1 for Discount Tire - There is much aftermarket value their. Free rotations and balance for the life of the tires. Do you really want to rotate 110lbs+ tire/wheel combos or have someone do it for $20/wheel after the fact? The bigger meats take more TLC to keep that investment in tact.

I would hold out on the Steersmarts until further down the line when you have do ball joints as well and the OEM steering starts to wear.

Source two locations imho... Lift installer and Wheels/Tires.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Thank you all for the feedback. I talked to another local shop this morning and they sent this over. Said the Mopar lift was overkill for what I was looking to do. The word "budget" scares me when it comes to mods on my Jeep. I've heard a lot of good about the ride improvement with the Mopar lift though which I wouldn't mind.

Yeah, this had me worried as well. I was expecting the fox stabilizer or something like that.

Screen Shot 2021-12-30 at 3.47.44 PM.png
I would avoid this shop. The package they are putting together doesnā€™t make sense to me. Geometry brackets with less than 2ā€ of lift? Shock extensions with 1.5/1 spacers? Why a track bar brace at this point?

Sponsored

JTPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Rubicon
Occupation
Proto Shop Technician
Budget lift is fine if you are only going for appearance and do not plan on going off road. You are looking at doing mild off roading, get the lift kit and be done. I would do the sector shaft, drag link support if that is what they are referring to as the support. With larger tires and going off road you are applying a lot of torque to that area of the steering gear box and frame side track bar mount when turning. Also get the adjustable track bar to guarantee the front axle is centered. I am concerned with the wheels. You say they have 5" of backspace? In my experiences you need no less than 3.75" of backspace to keep them from rubbing on control arms when fully locked in a turn and tire, wheel stuffed. Now if you are planning on using wheel spacers then that can be corrected.

jbmdux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Engineer
I have a 2020 Gator Green Gladiator Rubicon that's stock at the moment. Got a quote from a local shop for a 2" lift and 37" tires and wanted to get your thoughts on it. I asked if the steering stabilizer needed beefed up at all with the 37s and they added the Steersmart. Not sure that's actually a stabilizer, but just started reading about that and if it's necessary. Drives straight as an arrow now without much play on the stock 33s. Also, another local shop said 37s would rub with the 2" lift, but from everything I'm reading on here, I don't think that's the case. Would appreciate any thoughts / input on this quote and adding / removing stuff. Thanks in advance for any help.

Screen Shot 2021-12-29 at 10.17.23 AM.png
Seems reasonable. the only caution I would have is on the wheels. I was pricing some rims and the good ones seemed to be all over $500 each.

rtjeepman

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2017 Jeep Cherokee TH
Occupation
Respiratory Therapist
I had the same lift delivered to my house by JustForJeeps for about $70 less than your lift quote. I installed it myself with help from my wife and or son on a couple of steps. The lift is amazing and rides like a dream. I also installed a Synergy track bar and sector shaft brace. I'm guessing that is similar to what they are quoting you. I installed a JKS front track bar to re-enter the axle. It was needed. Again, easy install. I also have similar wheels as you were quoted except I have the 4.50 inch backspacing. I have a little more poke than you will, but ample room for tires. I'm running 35s. I hope this helps some

20211226_154451.jpg

20211226_154513.jpg

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, '21 JLU 80th | Past '20 JTR, '18 JLUR
Check for discount coupons from Mopar on the lift and install for the dealer. The lift discount if still valid is 15% off and labor discounts are typically 10-15% off. Total through a dealer should be less than $2000 unless they are gouging. Not sure if this matters to you but... If dealer installed, they can not come back and say it is not under warranty if there are issues. If shop installed it may be a fight to have something covered under warranty.

OP
OP
TheTrailGeek

TheTrailGeek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Coder
Thanks for the advice on the coupons from Mopar. And thank you to everyone for the feedback. It looks like the local dealer wins this round with the coupons in play. Taking the Gladiator in on the 19th for the following and the dealer is going to install all the parts.

Mopar Lift
Steer Smarts Adjustable Track Bar
Steer Smarts Sector Shaft Brace
AEV Stamped Geometry Correction Brackets
Fox Racing Shox 985-24-173 Performance Series 2.0 Smooth Body IFP Steering Stabilizer
Fuel Militia 17" -12mm
Nitto Ridge Grappler 37x12.5r17
Mopar Snorkel
Sponsored