Sponsored

Rear locker engaging automatically in 2H

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
This is smelling like FCA answer to death wobble. They probably know exactly what it is, and it's rare enough and only on Rubicons they can kick it around another few years.

Interesting to hear if anyone with after market e-lockers experiences the same thing.
Sponsored

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Purchased mine in March 2020. Issue happened within first 2500 miles.
Purchased mine in November of 19 but due to the whole nothing to do situation I am just under 2400 miles right now. This kind of scares me.

Joeg

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
project manager
just took mine to the dealer last week less than 4k miles 2 months old, same issue. They tell me an electrical issue but have had it for a week now and can not seem to even find the issue. Service manager actually told me he has no clue how long this repair will take, not to worry they will extend my rental coverage. Not very comforting.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
just took mine to the dealer last week less than 4k miles 2 months old, same issue. They tell me an electrical issue but have had it for a week now and can not seem to even find the issue. Service manager actually told me he has no clue how long this repair will take, not to worry they will extend my rental coverage. Not very comforting.
I'd say if they've had it a week they're fishing for a reason to not cover it. First dealer I took mine to had it for almost a week and finally came back with it was my door plugs and I needed to pay $553 to get them fixed. Second dealer had it checked and the rear end ordered in about 30 minutes. There's a specific code it throws and their computer will spit it out immediately.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
It should be drive able just annoying for the code right? Why not just keep the truck until the part is in. Which is probably an entire axle

Sponsored

GeneLV

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
It should be drive able just annoying for the code right? Why not just keep the truck until the part is in. Which is probably an entire axle
When my light came on my lock also engaged. I tried to manually disengage but it would not move far enough so I was not able to drive it until I had it towed to the dealer and they finally got it disengaged. The light still comes on most of the time but the locker is not engaging.

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
When my light came on my lock also engaged. I tried to manually disengage but it would not move far enough so I was not able to drive it until I had it towed to the dealer and they finally got it disengaged. The light still comes on most of the time but the locker is not engaging.
Oh I see. I thought I read the Wrangler guys saying it wouldn't engage so they left it a while bc they weren't going offroad

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
IF that engages on a wet highway and you need to turn, the truck will not handle as expected. This is also a safety issue, IMO. A limited slip is different - but still tricky on some slick surfaces - but lockers, that's different. Ask anyone who drives their drag car equipped with a spool.

Joeg

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Occupation
project manager
Dealer called me monday said it was fixed, dropped off rental went to dealer and in the time they drove it around the lot it was blinking again. Now going to replace complete rear unit. But its on backorder with no estimated delivery date. What the heck thats crap.

NaughtyGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator JTR
Dealer called me monday said it was fixed, dropped off rental went to dealer and in the time they drove it around the lot it was blinking again. Now going to replace complete rear unit. But its on backorder with no estimated delivery date. What the heck thats crap.
When the fix for a poorly manufactured sensor is to replace an entire rear end you can only keep rear ends available for so long. Throw in a little CV19 and yeah, who knows when you'll get it. New rear end allocation is prioritized to production. Us losers who already paid for a truck will just have to suck it up.

Sponsored

Cdemarac

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
It's a poorly made sensor for TE that is causing the issues. This isn't a Jeep designed sensor but an off the shelf sensor. The sensor is in TE's product brochure and is more then likely used in other applications the hard part is finding out where.

I am extremely disappointing in Jeep's response to this issue. With jeep knowing that a good percentage of these vehicles are going to be lifted / re-geared, and only having a 60K mile warranty. They are leaving the end consumer on the hook and high and dry on this issue.

I'm not advocating for Jeep to even offer the replacement for free for users who have re-geared or otherwise modified the jeep / axle assembly. Just make the sensor available to purchase as a Mopar part. At this point Jeep knows the sensor has issues and there response has been shameful.

@JeepCares why is the response been to screw the customer over instead of offering replacement parts? It's an easily replaceable sensor that's leaving your customers high and dry. I understand that your response is usually to help escalate dealer issues. But there has to be a customer satisfaction department that should be aware of our frustrations. All were asking for is to let us buy a sensor.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
So after getting an obvious blowing smoke up my ass because I don't want to actually talk to the tech answer from my service advisor I reached out to the service manager who pretty much confirmed that the service advisor did not talk with the tech. According to the service manager my truck is showing 5 codes all electrical related. FCA wants the electrical issues resolved prior to ordering a new axle because a couple of the codes are directly related to the axle electrical. I requested a new service advisor.
Hi @GeneLV
We are sorry to hear that you have reason for concern with your dealer. If you'd like an additional layer of support during your vehicle service, please send our team a private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares
Hi there, please know that our team would be happy to get this part to your dealer as soon as possible. Please send us a private message with your VIN so that we may assist.

Kathryn
JeepCares
It's a poorly made sensor for TE that is causing the issues. This isn't a Jeep designed sensor but an off the shelf sensor. The sensor is in TE's product brochure and is more then likely used in other applications the hard part is finding out where.

I am extremely disappointing in Jeep's response to this issue. With jeep knowing that a good percentage of these vehicles are going to be lifted / re-geared, and only having a 60K mile warranty. They are leaving the end consumer on the hook and high and dry on this issue.

I'm not advocating for Jeep to even offer the replacement for free for users who have re-geared or otherwise modified the jeep / axle assembly. Just make the sensor available to purchase as a Mopar part. At this point Jeep knows the sensor has issues and there response has been shameful.

@JeepCares why is the response been to screw the customer over instead of offering replacement parts? It's an easily replaceable sensor that's leaving your customers high and dry. I understand that your response is usually to help escalate dealer issues. But there has to be a customer satisfaction department that should be aware of our frustrations. All were asking for is to let us buy a sensor.
Hi @Cdemarac
Thank you for tagging our team in this thread. We would certainly like to involve our service in any way we can that will resolve your vehicle concerns. Please send us a private message if you are currently being serviced by your dealer.

Kathryn
JeepCares

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
I purchased a set of Rubicon axles from someone that went to Dana 70s on their Gladiator. Now I am afraid to install them for fear that they will have the same issue and I won't have warranty coverage.

kickingaz

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel, 2018 Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Owner - New River Offroad
If you install them you'll be without warranty coverage anyway.
My point is that if more of these are having to be repaired and are an issue, I am installing a part that I know is going to fail and wouldn't have a warranty for them. If there were no issue with any of the lockers, I wouldn't give a second thought to replacing the axles.
Sponsored