aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S. Max Tow.
Vehicle Showcase
If you mean the ports on the back end of the console facing the rear seats - wrong. It depends on the port you use. I can plug my phone in back there and it jumps into android auto. If I don't want it to do that I have to choose the other port back there.

1642084281513.png

The port inside the console is absolutely also an AA port - I've put a USB stick in there. So - since it's right back there it's obviously paired with one of the other ports on the very back of the console. I had my phone plugged in back there with android auto active. I know it works as it pisses me off trying to connect when all I want to do is charge or my wife plugs her phone in back there and it wants to connect to her phone.
One is connected, the other charge only.

I was going to say my kids always used to take over the stereo in my old JLUR by plugging in back there.
Sponsored

OP
OP

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
This is the route i took:
- 12V Dual USB Panel
- 12V Power Adapter

About $30 and 30 minutes to install. Easiest mod I ever did

Jeep Gladiator Rear USB on center console 2

Any pictures of using that 12v adapter. I can’t seem to find any decent pictures on how it gets connected. If my leads fall through on the factory option I might end up with something similar. Though probably 2or 4 USB’s and 2 12v plugs.

AXISJT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ Wrangler, Gladiator ecodiesel sport
Occupation
Lab manager
Im in on this as i want some power back there for portable batteries and a fridge

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you mean the ports on the back end of the console facing the rear seats - wrong. It depends on the port you use. I can plug my phone in back there and it jumps into android auto. If I don't want it to do that I have to choose the other port back there.

The port inside the console is absolutely also an AA port - I've put a USB stick in there. So - since it's right back there it's obviously paired with one of the other ports on the very back of the console. I had my phone plugged in back there with android auto active. I know it works as it pisses me off trying to connect when all I want to do is charge or my wife plugs her phone in back there and it wants to connect to her phone.
One is connected, the other charge only.
Thanks. I'll remove my earlier post. I just read the manual and must have mis-read it.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I'll remove my earlier post. I just read the manual and must have mis-read it.
That's easy to do - I KNEW mine did android auto and took me a few minutes to find it in the manual. I recall as I was really annoyed at the pop-ups when my wife plugged her phone in thinking she was just charging it while she played her words with friends game.
I move the cord to the other port back there and it was fine. I then reminded her that 60% was not a dead phone battery and she could still pay her game but she's a stickler for keeping her phone above 80%. She freaks if it gets below 50 like it's some emergency.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's really funny. I'm sure you know this but wonder if you've bothered to say anything.

Phone batteries last longest when they car charged in the "middle" of their capacity. My iPhone is one of the first model X. I tend to only upgrade when there is a big improvement.

So its a bit over 4 years old. I try to charge it to only 80% and then run it to about 30%. So far so good.

I shut it off at night and put it on charge when I go to take a shower and have my first cup of coffee. When I go back upstairs to put on my daytime clothes its typically around 80%.

Mavrikk

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon
Any pictures of using that 12v adapter. I can’t seem to find any decent pictures on how it gets connected. If my leads fall through on the factory option I might end up with something similar. Though probably 2or 4 USB’s and 2 12v plugs.

here’s a link to the instructions.

OP
OP

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys

Mavrikk

First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon

Sponsored

OP
OP

amoyer_01

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Willys
Why couldn't you just tap into the power for the power windows?
I hate T-taps. If I want to remove it down the road I dont like having cut wires. The more I can use factory plugs/adapter the better.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
Why couldn't you just tap into the power for the power windows?
There is a harness available that connects to the back of the 12 volt outlet on the center console and provides a power tap. There are also the two 12 volt hot wires available under the dash, if the truck has the factory installed AUX switches.

Sigz

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Registered Nurse