Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2020 GC Trailhawk
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Cool.. I'll have to check that one out.

Big thing is I don't wanna kill the acc under the dash, since I have an always on camera wired that way.

But yeah, having the wireless AA ignition switched would be more optimal than the inline switch I'm currently using.

~ Casp
Sponsored

landonbour

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sting Gray Gladiator
I have a 2021 Mojave, and I ran into the same issue. The F102 fuse was not supplying power to the USB port in the center console. I plugged in a USB powered light into the center console USB port and started pulling anything in the fuse list with "USB" in the description. It turns out, at least on my Gladiator, that the fuse supplying power to the center USB port is F11 - UCI Port (USB & AUX).

I shortened the jumper that I made from two fuse taps (as suggested by @landonbour ) to run between F53 and F11. Worked like a charm. Pics of the jumper are below.

20230211_170550.jpg
20230211_170600.jpg
Glad it worked for you. Super clean too!

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T. Architect
I have a 2021 Mojave, and I ran into the same issue. The F102 fuse was not supplying power to the USB port in the center console. I plugged in a USB powered light into the center console USB port and started pulling anything in the fuse list with "USB" in the description. It turns out, at least on my Gladiator, that the fuse supplying power to the center USB port is F11 - UCI Port (USB & AUX).

I shortened the jumper that I made from two fuse taps (as suggested by @landonbour ) to run between F53 and F11. Worked like a charm. Pics of the jumper are below.

Just wanted to add, this was the same scenario for my 2021 JTR.. made the change today, and it works fantastic.

One thing to note for folks, is that if you use remote start, it actually doesn't seem to activate this circuit, until you actually press ignition, too... So no worrying about your phone redirecting to Wireless AA, if you're inside and letting 'er warm up.

Thanks for the heads up, Cajun. If you're ever in the StL area, hit me up.. I owe you a beer :)

~ Casp

WK2JT

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTC
Vehicle Showcase
Just wanted to add, this was the same scenario for my 2021 JTR.. made the change today, and it works fantastic.

One thing to note for folks, is that if you use remote start, it actually doesn't seem to activate this circuit, until you actually press ignition, too... So no worrying about your phone redirecting to Wireless AA, if you're inside and letting 'er warm up.

Thanks for the heads up, Cajun. If you're ever in the StL area, hit me up.. I owe you a beer :)

~ Casp
Does it also kill the power to the port immediately when you turn the ignition off or does it delay according to whatever you have set in the head unit?

Sponsored

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T. Architect
Does it also kill the power to the port immediately when you turn the ignition off or does it delay according to whatever you have set in the head unit?
Kills it immediately, as far as I can tell.

I'll play around with it some more tomorrow or so, but so far, I'm quite happy with the results.

Note: pre-wired aux via the factory switches continues to work as expected.

~ Casp

OP
OP
sharpsicle

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
The original solution to this that I posted leaves it on until the door is opened, just like the radio. If you're feeding this using the same source fuse location, I don't see why it wouldn't continue to act the same way. Unless something's changed with how Jeep provides power on shutdown, but I don't know why that would change.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T. Architect
The original solution to this that I posted leaves it on until the door is opened, just like the radio. If you're feeding this using the same source fuse location, I don't see why it wouldn't continue to act the same way. Unless something's changed with how Jeep provides power on shutdown, but I don't know why that would change.
Yup, as Sharp said, above.. stays on until you open the door.. and then it's off.

mquetel

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT Rubicon diesel

20230211_170550.jpg
20230211_170600.jpg

Just another data point for this thread. 2022 Rubicon and my center console USB also was protected by fuse F11. Mod works great as long as I targeted F11 not F102.

shockme66

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler High Altitude 4Xe
This worked great for me on my Wrangler 4xe using Fuse F11 and the side mirror fuse. Thanks so much. Is there another fuse for the JL 4xe to use the then the mirror? I don't have the speaker fuse; it's marked as a spare and does not seem to have power.

Sponsored

Hamba_Kahle

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Sport
I didn't want to mess with the fuse box because with my luck, I'd damage electronics. I found this android auto device that has a setting on it that turns off android auto when you get out of the Gladiator.

It was painful to waste a $70 product for this one but I was so tired of dealing with Android Auto blowing up whenever I was close to the Jeepers... Normally it was when when I got home from work and the kitchen was in proximity of the garage. But this has fixed the problem for me so thought I'd share:

AAWireless 2023 - Wireless Android Auto Dongle - Connects Automatically to Android Auto - Easy Plug and Play Setup - Free Companion App - Made in Europe https://a.co/d/5B3XWYh

EliD

First Name
Eliezer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
PE Teacher
Thanks !!! Works great!

Madtom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JLU, 2023 JTURD
Occupation
DOD Civilian, Retired Military

~ Casp
gents when you made the jumper is it only going to the load side of F11? Meaning did you cut one of the prongs off so it only makes contact on that side? Have a 23JTR that will eventually make it to me and use the Motorola AA adapter in my current vehicle. having power switch off when i open the door will save my phone battery from doing weird things lol.

Caspien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I.T. Architect
gents when you made the jumper is it only going to the load side of F11? Meaning did you cut one of the prongs off so it only makes contact on that side? Have a 23JTR that will eventually make it to me and use the Motorola AA adapter in my current vehicle. having power switch off when i open the door will save my phone battery from doing weird things lol.
By using the dual fuse system, we plug both sides in, but don't bridge the connections, when we leave the power fuse out on the one side where we only want power to go.

Note: get a test light. Helped a friend do his the other day, and his 'hot' leg was actually the opposite of mine. If we hadn't tested that out with the light, things could have gone badly.

~ Casp

Madtom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JLU, 2023 JTURD
Occupation
DOD Civilian, Retired Military
2023 JTRD. USB port in console gets power thru F11. Motorola AA adapter always looking for signal. Installed jumper as described by others tapping into F53. Works awesome . Port has power until I open the doors.... vs the old way of adapter staying on and draining my phone battery when I got too close. Thanks for this solution.

PXL_20240103_215439792.MP~2.jpg
Sponsored