First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
If I knew it would take this long to recieve my rebate I would not have ordered. Ordered in may and set rebate form in immediately. claimed they recieved form June 22nd and today still says being processed.
I should have known the rebates are basically a scam. If the company just discounted $100 it would be so easy. I am pretty sure they make way more money holding back peoples rebates for as long as possible.
Not even that happy with the sunrider.
Sponsored

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Now that you mention it, I don't think I ever got mine for the Safari top I bought. What's up with that, @Bestop ?

MDPensFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator JTO, 2017 Grand Cherokee
The Sunrider top is amazing. The rebate process, not so much. I still haven't received mine. I think companies count on people forgetting about these things. Just lower your price by $100, or even $75, instead of the rebate submission/waiting game nonsense.

BA33

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Willys Sport (sold), '22 JT Willys Sport
Occupation
Teacher
The Sunrider top is amazing. The rebate process, not so much. I still haven't received mine. I think companies count on people forgetting about these things. Just lower your price by $100, or even $75, instead of the rebate submission/waiting game nonsense.
Just tape a $100 bill on the instructions inside the box.

Sponsored

AmosMoses

First Name
Amos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator sport
Occupation
Manufacturing
If I wanted to buy a Sunrider, I would just cruise on over to the classified section where there's always a couple for sale. Instant rebate.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
If I wanted to buy a Sunrider, I would just cruise on over to the classified section where there's always a couple for sale. Instant rebate.
... and no warranty transferred to you (lifetime for twill)

Klicht87

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Willys
Occupation
Veteran/DoD Program Analyst
It sucks but in all fairness, they do mention the following on their rebate form:
"Please allow 4 weeks after mailing prior to check status. Please allow 8-10 weeks to receive your rebate."

Rebates always suck because you usually receive them after you have forgotten about it or wrote it off as a loss.

OP
OP
Fouts

Fouts

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Truck Driver
Just an update. After about 10 weeks says rebate has been mailed but don't expect it for a month. Must be postal service fault takes so long.
Get a kick that bestop comes on a likes someone defending them but no other response.
Won't be buying from them again.

JRobes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S Max Tow, 2004 WJ Overland
Occupation
Enginerd
So you get your rebate after a substantial amount of time (like most all rebates from all companies) and you still take the I'm never buying from them again stance? While I hate the rebate process as much as the next guy you got everything you signed up for, no need to stay mad.

Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Just an update. After about 10 weeks says rebate has been mailed but don't expect it for a month. Must be postal service fault takes so long.
Get a kick that bestop comes on a likes someone defending them but no other response.
Won't be buying from them again.
Sorry to hear your disappointment, Marc. Your initial post was "Just an update." and didn't seem to contain any question that you needed an answer to. Yes, the rebate process is long. I'm sorry you're frustrated with it but we do try to make it know that it takes a significant amount of time. Seems like yours is progressing, though.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
Sorry to hear your disappointment, Marc. Your initial post was "Just an update." and didn't seem to contain any question that you needed an answer to. Yes, the rebate process is long. I'm sorry you're frustrated with it but we do try to make it know that it takes a significant amount of time. Seems like yours is progressing, though.

Lee
- the Bestop team
www.bestop.com
Just curious but what benefit is there to Bestop by offering a rebate and not just discounting the product ?

ALVagabond

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR "Praetorian"
Just curious but what benefit is there to Bestop by offering a rebate and not just discounting the product ?
1 - A lot of people don't claim the rebate.
2 - If a customer doesn't follow the rebate directions, the rebate can be denied.

Both situations provide the opportunity for the vendor to keep money they wouldn't have gotten if the price was discounted instead.

Full disclosure: I like Bestop's products. I never received the rebates I claimed on the last 2 things I bought from them (well over a year ago, the last time I checked on them, the status was "processing"). I was going to buy those products regardless of the rebate. I should probably be more upset about it, but I have bigger thigs to worry about. Highly unlikely I'll buy anything from them again tho.

StrainedSky

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Willys 2021
Occupation
IT
1 - A lot of people don't claim the rebate.
2 - If a customer doesn't follow the rebate directions, the rebate can be denied.

Both situations provide the opportunity for the vendor to keep money they wouldn't have gotten if the price was discounted instead.

Full disclosure: I like Bestop's products. I never received the rebates I claimed on the last 2 things I bought from them (well over a year ago, the last time I checked on them, the status was "processing"). I was going to buy those products regardless of the rebate. I should probably be more upset about it, but I have bigger thigs to worry about. Highly unlikely I'll buy anything from them again tho.
What I figured but was generally curious what their "corporate" answer would be. I personally don't buy anything that requires a rebate as I find it a shady practice (I worked at Best Buy during the rebate days and too many companies relied on your 1/2 point).

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
Do some reading if you need to know the differences.

Here's a great 30,000ft view of why you might see a rebate instead of a straight-up discount:
https://www.enable.com/blog/rebate-vs-discount-what-are-the-differences

In the end, there's nothing evil or shady about rebates. They take longer, yes, but they serve a purpose beyond just you as the consumer.
Sponsored