Sponsored

Recall and Stop Sale on Certain 2020 Gladiators For Bad Driveshafts

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
@AggieJeep
Understand you are pissed, that stealership sucks. So, why in the heLL would you go there for anything? Shitty thing now is, now that your VIN has been entered there (27th in line), you can't go down the road an hour, to a actual dealership, to 1 that maybe doesn't have 27 in front of you. You may have to get @JeepCares involved to remove their hold on your VIN. So you can go to a dealership that can do your recall within a month
Time is tight during business hours, really tight. I get time for a quick lunch maybe twice a month. Besides, swapping a shaft is easy work. How bad can they screw that up, oh wait... FCA is there to gum it up.

I was expecting to have to wait 3 or 4 weeks. I hadn’t seen this thread before going by the dealership and was not aware of the limit of one per week. 6 MONTHS!
Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
Time is tight during business hours, really tight. I get time for a quick lunch maybe twice a month. Besides, swapping a shaft is easy work. How bad can they screw that up, oh wait... FCA is there to gum it up.

I was expecting to have to wait 3 or 4 weeks. I hadn’t seen this thread before going by the dealership and was not aware of the limit of one per week. 6 MONTHS!
Also doubt they have 27 ahead of you. So, you may have a vindictive dealership. Which makes it worse that they entered your VIN already, which holds you hostage. That's why I believe JeepCares may need to be involved. To get the dealership to do it sooner, or release your VIN so you can go elsewhere

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
if you really want to know, read on. It’s lengthy, but you did ask.

What a shit show. Not trying to do any victim blaming here, but why did you stick with that dealer for subsequent chicanery events when they proved themselves inept at first contact?

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I could show pics of how the driveshaft under my Javelin snapped and whipped the floor really good, dents and dings, and ripped the rear brake line out from under the car......... leaving it with no brakes........... and the things I've seen while I worked at a shop that did 24/7 towing for the state, city, and we were along I80 and I35.......
Don't mess with even a 5% driveshaft.
Can a person install a driveshaft safety loop under these like racers do?

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
I twisted the rear driveshaft on my 1983 CJ-7 back in the day too much skinny peddle the rear started hopping & it twisted in half the longer piece tried to come through the floorboard ! busted a hole through it . also took out the muffler lol I drove home in frontWD

Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Firecracker Red LE, 2012 JKUR Call of Duty, 1967 M715 (military Gladiator)
Vehicle Showcase
What a shit show. Not trying to do any victim blaming here, but why did you stick with that dealer for subsequent chicanery events when they proved themselves inept at first contact?
You may have missed the part about Jeep assigning my LE reservation there. That was not my choice. As for being vindictive, I kept a civil tone throughout the purchase process. Firm but civil. No raised voices and no calling them out on the BS. I just needed them to work the paper. The only haggle point was for the warranty I wanted and that was done in 20 minutes. The rest of the three hours was just paperwork and saying no to all the aftermarket offers. The service guy I talked to was new and seemed nice. He genuinely did not want to deliver that message to me..

One last note, I can’t say that any Jeep dealership in Houston has a good reputation. I visited several. I did find one with a sales lady that talked sense and I would have bought from her had the LE offer not resurfaced for me.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
You may have missed the part about Jeep assigning my LE reservation there. That was not my choice. As for being vindictive, I kept a civil tone throughout the purchase process. Firm but civil. No raised voices and no calling them out on the BS. I just needed them to work the paper. The only haggle point was for the warranty I wanted and that was done in 20 minutes. The rest of the three hours was just paperwork and saying no to all the aftermarket offers. The service guy I talked to was new and seemed nice. He genuinely did not want to deliver that message to me..

One last note, I can’t say that any Jeep dealership in Houston has a good reputation. I visited several. I did find one with a sales lady that talked sense and I would have bought from her had the LE offer not resurfaced for me.
You did have a choice on where you got your LE. Jeep tried to assigning mine to the closest dealer but I requested a different one and they agreed it was my choice. Still I agree this has been handled terribly by the dealership!

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You did have a choice on where you got your LE. Jeep tried to assigning mine to the closest dealer but I requested a different one and they agreed it was my choice. Still I agree this has been handled terribly by the dealership!
I’m glad you got to pick, I was not aware that could be done then.

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care

Hi AggieJeep, we can escalate a case and see if another dealer has a shorter wait time. Send us a private message with your VIN so we can look into this for you.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

CaptBrianBrown

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport
Had mine done a couple weeks ago. I bought in Georgetown,TX but live in Houston. Mac Haik up there sent the recall part to their sister dealer in Houston, got me all scheduled and I was in and out in 2 hours (followed by 30 minutes bs session with the service manager about our different jeep builds!)

Sponsored

AggieJeep

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Had mine done a couple weeks ago. I bought in Georgetown,TX but live in Houston. Mac Haik up there sent the recall part to their sister dealer in Houston, got me all scheduled and I was in and out in 2 hours (followed by 30 minutes bs session with the service manager about our different jeep builds!)
I’m glad you had such responsive service. Interesting how the best Jeep dealership for Houstonians is outside of Austin

CaptBrianBrown

First Name
brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU Sport
I’m glad you had such responsive service. Interesting how the best Jeep dealership for Houstonians is outside of Austin
Southfork has a pretty decent reputation, especially their service department. A few folks in my jeep group work there.

Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
So I bought my JT of the dealership lot 10 days ago. It had been there for at least a little while before I bought it. The status of the recall on my truck shows as complete with a green checkmark next to it when I check in the uconnect app.

Is there a way to tell for sure that the part was actually replaced? For example, was the part number or any other distinguishing feature changed? I have no reason to think the recall wasn't performed or that the dealer is shady but it's my first time dealing with this dealership (or Jeep for that matter). I've had less than desirable experiences with other brands in the past...

Sruss915

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 jeep wrangler
So if i received an alert through my jeep app for the driveshaft will the dealer just replace it? I only ask cause really what is an inspection without ripping the mono block apart going to show them?
Sponsored