Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Occupation
System Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry, but you painted with white out, white out? Like fix a mistake on paper kind? Does it hold up well?
@KVJ used white out, I ended up using something called a Lacquer-Stik. It works really well and it's made for this exact job. I used a cloth and some light WD-40 (thanks KVJ for the tip) to wipe off the excess in and around the letters once I was done.
Sponsored

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90XJ, 91XJ, 91MJ, 05 LJ, 20 JT
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'm of the minority of wanting a 12v port on dash, I just used the "vent" on lower panel a few inches to left of where the miss drilled holes photo. I know it's there for a reason, but I think that's a better one. As easy to reach and out of way. I'm not likely to hit it doing something with other dash controls or vice versa. I just mounted the control box on back of same panel consolidated stuff for easy access to troubleshoot if needed. I temporary mounted on with 3m tape until I was sure where I wanted it. FYI the tape comes off easy for a short time after if not prepared with alcohol wipe down. Being new plastic is off gassing and release compound from moulding.

PDelena

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Web Developer
Vehicle Showcase
So I just wanted to throw this out there for the two left handed mechanics like myself. I tried to install the redarc electrical brake controller on my Gladiator today. Followed the same steps and techniques that was posted on here previously and ended up with a hole in my dash. I found that installing it by the bottom left side speaker to be super simple and far more forgiving it you screw something up. So moral of the story is if you plan to install it by the push button start make sure your holes are 100% in the right spot because there is no forgiveness in that angle of the panel. See pictures below where I ended up placing it.

20200223_173846.jpg

20200223_173852.jpg
I'm planning on installing mine in the same space you did under the left side speaker. Anything I should know beforehand? Are you still happy with that location? Does that panel come off?

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Gladiator High Altitude - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
This is where I installed the knob for my Curt controller. I didn't want to drill any holes, and this was the only smooth piece of plastic available for the 3M tape to adhere to. It is also easy to reach.

Jeep Gladiator Redarc towing install 20220702_175312

Climbhigh

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydro Blue Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Arborist
I could find a place I was completely happy to permanently install it. So I just placed it here. I kind of figure I won't be using it much, and when I do I don't need to fiddle with it.

20220703_061357.jpg
Sponsored