Sponsored

Will this combo do for Redarc install in JT?

SloW8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Oh - Side question... I am getting rid of the cig lighter 12v plug as well, but would actually like to retain that power source for a radio that I use on the trail. Is there a good quick disconnect that I could use to replace the cig lighter plug and receptacle? In other words, something small and easy that I could just wire to the existing cig lighter power wires and either dangle behind the dash or tuck under the edge of the console when I am not using it? I don't like the bulk of the cig lighter plug so I would cut that off the radio and use the "new" plug on both ends.
Sponsored

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
My brake controller, harness and trim arrived and I will most likely mount it in the 12v location but I would like to keep the 12v and was thinking I could put it into the small space below.
I’ve been searching for some parts to make it a clean install but am coming up short. It would be nice to find a USB or better a duel USB to go into the left side of that space. I would even accept using the entire space if theres something that would fit well and functionally sound. I’m probably not looking in enough places (Amazon) with the correct search terms.
Does anyone know of anything or have any ideas that I could use that will give a clean install?
Jeep Gladiator Will this combo do for Redarc install in JT? D86D36B5-7E54-478F-A3CF-76A96B40F72B

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
I wag s also thinking of moving that 12v outlet either down there, or closer to the glove box area.
I ran the wire over to the right when I had things apart but can always move it back.
I think you'll have to find some plastic that looks decent there and make something. I'd be surprised if there was something ready to go.
Often craft shops have different plastics, and I've bought plastic from electronics suppliers as they often sell project boxes, plastics for making panels and so on. You'd have to cut to shape.

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
I was thinking the same thing but wanted to have that as my back-up plan.
I suppose I could rewire that 12v at anytime after I install the brake controller so it’s not something I need to do immediately. Was just hoping someone knew of an offbrand piece that would easily fit.
Im finding some of the marine stuff looked promising but it’s all just a bit too offisized.

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking the same thing but wanted to have that as my back-up plan.
I suppose I could rewire that 12v at anytime after I install the brake controller so it’s not something I need to do immediately. Was just hoping someone knew of an offbrand piece that would easily fit.
Im finding some of the marine stuff looked promising but it’s all just a bit too offisized.
If you find something please let me know! Your plans sound similar to mine.........

Sponsored

Red Hot Sloth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT
Will do.
By the by, I was going to do the install today after I took care of a few minor responsibilities but by 10am it was already too damn hot outside. I suppose thats why I only took a picture instead of using that cool new 12v tool. Maybe tomorrow morning before work.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
Question on the two redarc models, looking between the Pro and other model, the pro has options for off road towing, I don't see the need for that for me ,am I missing something, every other spec seems the same????
I also want to retain the 12V outlet , and was thinking in console, in glove box, perhaps even in the rear console somewhere. A fellow member shared the tool with me with the understanding that I pass it on, which I will when I'm done.....Jack

OP
OP
ShadowsPapa

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Question on the two redarc models, looking between the Pro and other model, the pro has options for off road towing, I don't see the need for that for me ,am I missing something, every other spec seems the same????
I also want to retain the 12V outlet , and was thinking in console, in glove box, perhaps even in the rear console somewhere. A fellow member shared the tool with me with the understanding that I pass it on, which I will when I'm done.....Jack
You could likely use the Liberty version.
I chose the Elite version as sometimes I end up needing to negotiate tight areas with my car hauler, get into wet grass, go through ditches, etc. at show grounds. Plus - my wife always tells me when confronted between two versions, I should opt for the most capable. It's just how she is.

I could have probably used the single mode version and been fine.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
My brake controller, harness and trim arrived and I will most likely mount it in the 12v location but I would like to keep the 12v and was thinking I could put it into the small space below.
I’ve been searching for some parts to make it a clean install but am coming up short. It would be nice to find a USB or better a duel USB to go into the left side of that space. I would even accept using the entire space if theres something that would fit well and functionally sound. I’m probably not looking in enough places (Amazon) with the correct search terms.
Does anyone know of anything or have any ideas that I could use that will give a clean install?
Jeep Gladiator Will this combo do for Redarc install in JT? D86D36B5-7E54-478F-A3CF-76A96B40F72B
Somebody on this forum did the oposite and mounted their Redarc in that spot. maybe you could use that as a template to do the oposite? Custom plate was made for the mounting
Sponsored