Sponsored

Removed cigarette lighter for a project...

21Moja

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Master Distiller
I removed the cigarette lighter for a project that didn't quite work out space-wise, and now Im figuring out what to put there. I have everything to put the cigarette lighter back in but I thought I would see if anyone has done anything interesting in that spot. I have thought about a USB that only charges instead of charging and AA/Carplay but I wanted to see what the community has done, if anything...
Sponsored

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I’ve been contemplating mounting a switch for a remote winch shutoff there.

Sponsored

bailer

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Yeah Ive seen it, I don't tow much though. Thanks
My opinion, is you have a truck capable of towing, so it’s just “proper” to have the brake controller. It looks good and there’s a good chance you or the next owner will be glad it’s there at some point.

TMGladOverHighAlt

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Overland High Altitude
Occupation
Retired USCG
It can also scare the next owner off your rig for simply having one installed. Most people go over weight and jack-rabbit around while towing. Problem is, it accelerates the death of many expensive components. Brakes, transmission, rear suspension components due to trailer tongue weight. Not everyone is kind to a towing vehicle...

If two jeeps side by side one with and one without, I'd buy the one without.

Not saying anything about you personally, just law of averages.

Last edited:

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
My opinion, is you have a truck capable of towing, so it’s just “proper” to have the brake controller. It looks good and there’s a good chance you or the next owner will be glad it’s there at some point.
Ditto. I'd definitely prefer a vehicle with it , than without it. Mine will be getting my Redarc controller installed when it gets here.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I was thinking about the Warn remote selinoid for the winch power lead. I could put the on/off switch there.

Sponsored

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If your JT is equipped with acc switches like mine, but all four are full you can add an accessory switch there, which will make it clean. Just a thought

@californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator diesel, 1977 cj5 LS swapped
I put my subwoofer amp knob there.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Ditto. I'd definitely prefer a vehicle with it , than without it. Mine will be getting my Redarc controller installed when it gets here.
Totally silly to have a truck with a tow package and not have a trailer brake controller.
And if I was looking at two trucks, one with and one without - I'd buy the one with. A chore I'd not need to do.
I can tell by looking at other things if it's been rode hard and put away wet. Lack of trailer brakes may mean the idiot hauled a trailer without brakes and abused the truck's brakes.

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Mojave, 20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD,
Totally silly to have a truck with a tow package and not have a trailer brake controller.
And if I was looking at two trucks, one with and one without - I'd buy the one with. A chore I'd not need to do.
I can tell by looking at other things if it's been rode hard and put away wet. Lack of trailer brakes may mean the idiot hauled a trailer without brakes and abused the truck's brakes.
Exactly. I already installed a 7 pin trailer connector and trailer brake controller in my wife's Highlander. Once was enough for me. I've got other things I'd rather be doing with my time. If I can get it stock or already installed , sign me up.

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation