Replacement rear axles for sport s with max tow

mmcoleman2600

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Hello everyone this is my first time here and first post. So I'll get right to it. I have a 2022 sport s with max tow package. I want to replace the rear axle shafts with chromoly shafts and I'm finding that no companies make direct replacement shafts for my set up. So that leaves me with getting cut to length shafts. Has anyone done this already and can tell me the length of the shafts they got? Looking forward to working with all of you!
Sponsored

Jefe1018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
You should have the same axles as a rubicon minus the e-locker, no one makes a chromoly axle shafts for the D44?

OP
OP

mmcoleman2600

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After many phone calls I found I have the same axle body as the Rubicon but different axle shafts. They make them for the Rubicons and sports but not sport s with max tow. I've looked at revolution gear, Yukon gear, east coast gear supply etc and none of them make one.

Marlinvx

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTD, 2022 Audi Q3 S line
Occupation
Retired Navy, current Engineer
Just take one out and get it measured. Easy Peasy.

Boostnu

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep gladiator
Occupation
Machinist
I think Dana and Yukon both have a set for the wide track rear.

Sponsored

Snake Eyes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Hello everyone this is my first time here and first post. So I'll get right to it. I have a 2022 sport s with max tow package. I want to replace the rear axle shafts with chromoly shafts and I'm finding that no companies make direct replacement shafts for my set up. So that leaves me with getting cut to length shafts. Has anyone done this already and can tell me the length of the shafts they got? Looking forward to working with all of you!
Looks like others in the past were looking at the same items as you

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/axle-information-max-tow.40929/

OP
OP

mmcoleman2600

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So that post was about lockers which I planned on using which led me to another question. If I use the ARB locker meant for the Rubicon could I then use Rubicon length axle shafts because I'm already replacing the carrier?

rharr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTRD 3" RKK lift, (former) 95 XJ 5sp 8" lift
You need three things to talk to manfr in an informed way.

PUll the shafts. measure their lengths, mesure the diameter where the bearing rides and the diameter of the spline end. Also count the number of splines. That should give a MFR enough info to cross referance a model to. 90% chance you have the same shafts as the rubicon.

Johns_jt

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator max tow
Occupation
Toyota parts sales
Rubicon's have a short and a long axle , I was thinking about ordering two long axles and cutting them down to size . I an sure as soon as i do it our axle will become available .
Sponsored