Sponsored

Rock-Slide Engineering 3rd Gen Step Sliders: Okay on Stock Mojave?

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
Hi everyone. I've got a '22 Mojave (in Gobi :rock:) on order right now, and wanted to plan ahead on my side-step options.
The only height-related mod I plan on doing is upgrading to 35's (probably closer to winter).
I have small children (and a shortish wife) and love the idea of the RSE step sliders. Don't think I'll need the protection (but good to have just in case). I'm more leaning on these because they look like they'll be reliable to a long time.
My question is: Will the drop of the step be too low on a stock Mojave?

THanks for the input everyone.
Sponsored

kevman65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
J
The steps have a 12" drop from the mounting point (bolt holes on pinch weld seam) so you should have plenty of room.

As to the "NO" someone gave you, the ONLY trim I know of that these won't work with is ANY diesel platform and you didn't say diesel.

Best bet on any aftermarket item you have questions on, email the manufacturer (not a reseller or installer) and tell them EXACTLY what you're getting and ask if it will work.

OP
OP
KidBobot

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry... I guess I shouldn't have put the question in the title vs. body, that could be answered differently... LOL... So...

No, its not okay on a stock Mojave.
OR
No, its not too low for s stock Mojave.

Sorry...

OP
OP
KidBobot

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The steps have a 12" drop from the mounting point (bolt holes on pinch weld seam) so you should have plenty of room.

As to the "NO" someone gave you, the ONLY trim I know of that these won't work with is ANY diesel platform and you didn't say diesel.

Best bet on any aftermarket item you have questions on, email the manufacturer (not a reseller or installer) and tell them EXACTLY what you're getting and ask if it will work.
THANK YOU! I actually have a line out to RSE asking this question too! So will wait for their reply too. (Figured you guys would be faster... ;))

Sponsored

Deadeye

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
I have them on a rubicon, but you will be fine. They are very solid and work well. Only thing worth mentioning is that you should make sure to follow the recommended lubrication/maintenance schedule. Its simple to do, but they will end up seizing in the winter if not lubricated regularly.

Also, install is easy, but its definitely a two man job to mount them.

Daa03c

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon 2022
Occupation
Healthcare
Do the steps affect the water resistance of the cabin. If not how do you seal the floor when you run the magnet cables?

Chuck

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JT, 2020 Ram 2500, 2013 JKU
Occupation
Facilities Maintenance
You run the cables thru stock holes in the floor with provided grommets. Then seal with silicone - not provided.
I have these on my 2.5” lifted, 35” tire, Texas Trail diesel.

118CF70B-4A8D-4714-9018-75CFA03AD306.jpeg

66734FA7-B058-4FA0-BE39-B0246F26CCCC.jpeg

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Hi everyone. I've got a '22 Mojave (in Gobi :rock:) on order right now, and wanted to plan ahead on my side-step options.
The only height-related mod I plan on doing is upgrading to 35's (probably closer to winter).
I have small children (and a shortish wife) and love the idea of the RSE step sliders. Don't think I'll need the protection (but good to have just in case). I'm more leaning on these because they look like they'll be reliable to a long time.
My question is: Will the drop of the step be too low on a stock Mojave?

THanks for the input everyone.
Have the Gen 2's on my '21 Mojave w/stock suspension, & 285/75R/17 Toyo Open Country AT tires (almost same dia. as Toyo 35s).
Am sure the Gen 3's will have the same installed step height.

The step height is ideal for easily getting in & out.
Will work great for your kids!

By far my personal favorite, & the best money I've spent on an accessory for this truck.:like:

Killroy Was Here

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
THANK YOU! I actually have a line out to RSE asking this question too! So will wait for their reply too. (Figured you guys would be faster... ;))
The diesel is not an option on the Mojave, so you are good to go.

Sponsored

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
My no is answering the question "will the drop of the step be too low for a stock Mojave? " and I stand by that. Guess I could have rambled on but I didn't see a need to explain myself, RSE steps are awesome and work on stock JT's despite the trim level. I do realize that I'm also quite late in providing this response and to that I've got nothing...

JT LIFE

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Eco Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Side note, I have the RSE steps on a diesel sport with the 35s and the 2 inch Mopar lift.

NotSo Bright White

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR DIESEL
Occupation
Retire Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
No diesel? I have them on my JTRD as well.
Sponsored