Rokblokz Installed

GOT16

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sting Gray
Looks like you have the n-fab step rails... no rubicon rock rails. How do the WeatherTechs fit in the front? Does it look like the rock rails would have been an issue if you still had them mounted? Any interference with your step rails?
no interference at all with my steps.
Fit and look good imo.
Not positive with the rock rails, but don't think it would be an issue
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Well I installed a front set tonight and they are pretty nice but I think that they missed a golden opportunity to cover a very important area that would prevent gravel from hitting the doors and windows. Darn. So close to being a perfect product....

20191212_185245.jpg

JT-S-Maxi-IND

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire convertible
Occupation
Retired (Sales)
Wonder whatā€™s the difference in the Weathertech models? A Sport S with Rubi rails would need the rubi mudflaps?
I have same question. I have Sport S with Max Tow (wider axles and fender flare) and just installed a set of take off Rubicon Rock Rails.

I asked Weathertech and got what I thought was a rather useless answer ..... ā€œ If you have a Sport trim package, we would recommend that Sport option, as it sounds like you installed the Rubicon Rails after purchaseā€.

Iā€™m going to order the Rubicon set soon and hope that correct. I feel that the best option, with the configuration I have.

Iā€™ll update when I get them and install.

JT-S-Maxi-IND

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow, 2011 Toyota Highlander Hybrid, 1998 Pontiac Sunfire convertible
Occupation
Retired (Sales)
Well I installed a front set tonight and they are pretty nice but I think that they missed a golden opportunity to cover a very important area that would prevent gravel from hitting the doors and windows. Darn. So close to being a perfect product....

20191212_185245.jpg

Were these the Weathertech Sport S versions or Rubicon versions? I too have a Sport S, Max Tow, with take off Rubicon Rock Rails installed and looking to get a set.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Were these the Weathertech Sport S versions or Rubicon versions? I too have a Sport S, Max Tow, with take off Rubicon Rock Rails installed and looking to get a set.
Weathertech? Neither. This is a Rokblokz thread. The ones I installed are the XL long versions, so these are the biggest ones you can currently get for the Gladiator. If they had filled in that open area I highlighted in yellow I feel these would nearly be perfect. The mounting is sweet too...can take these on and off in seconds.

Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Weathertech? Neither. This is a Rokblokz thread. The ones I installed are the XL long versions, so these are the biggest ones you can currently get for the Gladiator. If they had filled in that open area I highlighted in yellow I feel these would nearly be perfect. The mounting is sweet too...can take these on and off in seconds.

Any idea how hard it would be to add an extension? I completely agree

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
If the extension is just mounting into plastic trim it should be pretty easy to do with some sheet metal screws. You could use a smaller rockblox of same or contrasting color and just mount them higher up to fill in the problem area. Any material would probably work since it will be hidden in the wheel well for the most part.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Any idea how hard it would be to add an extension? I completely agree
I sent Rokblokz a message on Facebook and they said they'd forward it to the product team.

Adding an extension would be easy, but adding one that matches and looks right wouldn't be.

K Dub

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport S Gladiator, 2012 Sport JKU, 1993 Wrangler YJ
I have same question. I have Sport S with Max Tow (wider axles and fender flare) and just installed a set of take off Rubicon Rock Rails.

I asked Weathertech and got what I thought was a rather useless answer ..... ā€œ If you have a Sport trim package, we would recommend that Sport option, as it sounds like you installed the Rubicon Rails after purchaseā€.

Iā€™m going to order the Rubicon set soon and hope that correct. I feel that the best option, with the configuration I have.

Iā€™ll update when I get them and install.
Started a thread for Weathertech Mudflaps:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/weathertech-mud-flaps.25578/

Last edited:

Sponsored

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
The weather tech rubicon version have a molded in indentation to fit around the rock rails. I have them, but have not had a chance to install yet.

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
I was one of the first to put the original fronts on.
07C98101-90CD-48D6-89B8-83288B008B58.jpeg
EDA5F9EC-4FCA-4926-8F17-EC09C7EED227.jpeg
34F0E810-75AC-47B1-B008-8D1F50635523.jpeg
17A05ED8-B1C2-4778-A432-F164074E46AE.jpeg
They use my pics on their webpage. I suggested immediately that they need a longer option. They listened and made the longs. I now have the XL Longs front & back. Great fit, quality, coverage, and simple to remove to off-road!

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Can you see through that logo on the back window? Is it a one off?

also seems like you should have the cleanest jeeps sides possible for anyone with lower offset wheels. Curious to see how much cleaner your Jeep is after driving

Last edited:

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
Can you see through that logo on the back window? Is it a one off?

also seems like you should have the cleanest jeeps sides possible for anyone with lower offset wheels. Curious to see how much cleaner your Jeep is after driving
Visibility is normal through the back window! Yes, local company did a one-off for me. Iā€™ll try to get a picture dirty but very little spray for the tires.

Phinneywood

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Did anyone encounter a heat-shield-looking-thing when installing the rear exhaust side bracket? If so, were you able to get it back on? Was a little more involved an installation than I expected for mud flaps, but the end result looks good.

76E93C1E-C16C-4793-A646-96B1EC66A1F9.jpeg
Sponsored