Sponsored

Roof leak in back

AlohaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Jeep is pretty much on Comcast level of customer service in my book. Dropped my truck off for diagnosis on this issue Monday at 8am and called at about 4pm for an update yesterday, left voicemail since the SA wasn’t available. Called again an hour later and they stated the SA was on the phone that they would call me right after. Nothing. Called today and the SA was unavailable again, no notes on my case so basically it has sat there 3 days while it could have been in my posession. Jeep Wave was supposed to call me today for an update and nothing. This is all just to diagnose the leak. Ridiculous.

@JeepCares I think its time for a change in username.
Sponsored

BDK

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Yes, my dealer used the Mopar flowable silicone on mine as a bandaid to fix the leak
so far it has hold fine. I waited at the dealership while they did the work.

This one https://www.morris4x4center.com/mop...w2JjG5YLZzrEjOZIeVNueQe2j6-eHgEhoCvDEQAvD_BwE
My dealer tried that about 9 months ago (as a fix). Ended up still leaking.

Now they can't find a glass shop that wants to touch it because of the extra silicone making it harder to remove the glass without damaging the top,

Been going back and forth now with the dealer for 6 months...

4x4Therror

First Name
Jayme
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Overland
I guess I am in this boat too. Noticed the leak across the back window after washing all the salt off the truck yesterday. Reading all the comments, I think I will try the DIY fix. Will try to post pics later in the week.

Thistle-twister

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Eco Diesel
Occupation
Professional Driver
Got the new window installed. No more leaking. They didn’t put the inside trim back up along the top. When I went to do it when I got home I realized they broke most of the plastic clips and it won’t stay up now. Must be why they didn’t put it back up. One more thing to deal with, but the leak is gone with the new window.
That definitely would not fly with me!

AlohaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
My dealer tried that about 9 months ago (as a fix). Ended up still leaking.

Now they can't find a glass shop that wants to touch it because of the extra silicone making it harder to remove the glass without damaging the top,

Been going back and forth now with the dealer for 6 months...
That’s weird considering the consensus is that they will have to break the glass regardless. Is the urethane easier to remove than the flowable silicone? I was considering the flowable silicone option but now I’m wary given your experience.

Sponsored

AlohaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Update on my leak. Dealer was unable to replicate the leak but was able to successfully submit a claim with photos i provided. Glass is on backorder so now the waiting game.

AlohaTx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Does not seem like it is too backordered my glass arrived today but I can’t get over there til Monday. Praying for no goof ups when they install.

bbk0925

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Gladiator
I have the leak in my 2020 LE also. Left it at the dealer so they could confirm the leak I told them I had. Picked it up at the end of the day with water spots all over the top and front. They had water tested my black truck with heavy mineral laden water and simply parked it outside in full sun. After an hour in their detail dept, it was back to normal. Really glad I had it ceramic coated. They replaced the window a week later, and after a recent light rain, it’s still leaking As bad as before I brought it in. I’m now about $20 in gas and two hours of driving in traffic to be right where I started. It’s been two weeks now, and no follow up from the dealer. It’s amazing that with over 550 posts on this topic that Jeep hasn’t communicated a definitive fix for the problem to their dealers, and that we’ve all had to go through a diagnosis appt for what appears to be a common problem.

BrentMG

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Service Member
I have the leak in my 2020 LE also. Left it at the dealer so they could confirm the leak I told them I had. Picked it up at the end of the day with water spots all over the top and front. They had water tested my black truck with heavy mineral laden water and simply parked it outside in full sun. After an hour in their detail dept, it was back to normal. Really glad I had it ceramic coated. They replaced the window a week later, and after a recent light rain, it’s still leaking As bad as before I brought it in. I’m now about $20 in gas and two hours of driving in traffic to be right where I started. It’s been two weeks now, and no follow up from the dealer. It’s amazing that with over 550 posts on this topic that Jeep hasn’t communicated a definitive fix for the problem to their dealers, and that we’ve all had to go through a diagnosis appt for what appears to be a common problem.
It is kinda lousy Jeep doesn't provide anything when they do reply other than the generic copy and paste message they send out on occasion. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough but it would be nice if they created a thread on stuff they're aware of and or working on. Or some actual forum feedback. A lot of the feedback could be addressed better than just sending a PM to everyone.

jeepdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator , 91 Grand Wagoneer, 1964 CJ3B, 1967 Kaiser Jeep M715, two unrestored 1956 Willys Pickups
Took my 2020 Overland JT into the dealer today for them to fix the rear window leak.
Their plan was to remove the window and reinstall with fresh sealant.
Upon removal, they found a crack in the frame of the rear window at top center. So, I'm driving a "loaner" Jeep Cherokee until they can get a new rear window.
Not too happy about having my always garaged, JT sitting around at the dealer for two weeks without a rear window closing the hole.:(

Sponsored

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
Just dropped mine off to start the process. Fingers crossed I've got a good dealership that will do it right.

Ksagaser

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
It’s a design issue. Unless Jeep come out with a upgrade that fixes the problem, you will be right back to leaking in a few weeks.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
It’s a design issue. Unless Jeep come out with a upgrade that fixes the problem, you will be right back to leaking in a few weeks.
Probably not. There are many of us who've never had a leak, so I would not say it's inevitable that it'll happen again. Some folks have just suffered from some sloppy installation from the factory, or Jeep has already fixed it on some later builds. Seems like this is mostly on 2020s

JAVIERGONZO

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Navy
Not true. Not only that, it can be fixed. Mine was and hasn't leaked in months since the fix.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Nope. It's not that common contrary to the fact that those who have the leak have gathered in a room to talk about it making it look a lot worse.
Mine has never leaked - anywhere. No roof leak, no window leak, no leak of any type.
It's another one of those where I bet the percentage is a fraction of a percent.
It's really bad, annoying, inconvenient, etc. for those who have had the leak, frustrating may not even describe it, but that' hardly a design flaw - which would mean a much larger number would experience it.
When you visit a hospital, you are going to find sick people. When you visit a car forum, everyone has problems with that car.
Sponsored