Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
For the record, I don't feel like they are obligated. The out of town dealership has loaners, I just don't meet their criteria of having it in there "for 4-5 weeks". Since the local dealership is refusing warranty service, it would have been nice to have a loaner since I may have to travel out of town to drop the Jeep off.
Me, personally, my feelings:
I'd be really bothered by a dealership that won't handle warranty because "we don't have a body shop" - that's where a dealership should have a relationship with a shop they trust. And frankly, Jeep allowing a place to sell Jeeps under their name that won't handle all warranty claims one way other another - directly in their shop, or a contractual relationship............. that's "goofy".
We'll sell you a Jeep but don't come to us if you have problems is what they are saying.

I'd be contacting the regional rep suggesting they take another look at a dealership selling, but telling you no for warranty work.
Body and frame are part of warranty coverage.
While I understand glass is a very specialized area - you don't want just anyone messing with it, even body and collision centers around here contract with glass people to do the glass work. Example is the shop that sprayed the color on my car. I had the glass removed myself except for the hatch. The seals literally can't be found or bought at any price, the glass is extremely rare in my car because it's a rare combination of factory options. The body shop didn't want to spray my car with any glass left in it, they said it was too nice to cobble by masking a window and gasket. So they had a glass shop come and remove the rear glass which has a rubber seal, rear wiper and rear defrost grid. When the car was cleared, sanded and polished, they called the glass shop to put the glass back in.
That body shop took a huge risk - glass breakage, gasket/seal destruction, later leaks........

Now how hard would that be for a dealership to do on a new vehicle where you can actually find all parts still listed and sold, and the seals would be supple and like new?

Maybe that shop by you shouldn't be selling Jeeps, what else can't they handle?
If you can't do it, you contract with a trusted shop that can.
Sponsored

OHverland

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland
My experience so far:
  • Noticed water intrusion inside cabin, rear window leaking
  • Called local dealership, they stated "we don't have a body shop, you'll have to take it to another dealership"
  • Called 2nd dealership out of town. They stated "your local dealership is giving you the run around"
  • Stopped in person at the local dealership, service advisor still gives me the body shop excuse and refuses service
  • Contacted @JeepCares and they told me it's at the dealer's discretion, zero help from @JeepCares
  • Called out of town dealership and they referred me to a 3rd party body shop. Refused any loaner stating "we only provide loaners to folks with the vehicles in here for 4-5 weeks
  • Contacted Jeep Wave customer service. They created a case and escalated to a "Jeep Wave Premium Case Manager" and stated they will be contacting me in 1-2 business days to discuss. It's been several business days and no one has contacted me
So, yeah, it's been fun!
Update: Jeep Wave Premium Case Management was zero help. They basically just called the local dealership, in which the local dealership gave them the same story. "We don't have a body shop, he's on his own." I asked both Jeep Wave and @JeepCares for contact information for regional management to discuss this situation. They both denied my request. Jeep Wave and @JeepCares were completely useless and frankly, unprofessional.

As a last ditch effort, I emailed the owner of the local dealership my scenario. He responded within 10 minutes apologizing for the entire scenario and promised to take care of it. Magically, 10 minutes after that their Service Director reached out to me to get the Jeep in next business day. They even provided a loaner as the truck was assessed. It was determined that an entire rear window was needed. The rear glass was ordered, and installed by a 3rd party glass shop onsite. Problem solved, but wow what a pain in the a$$!

Last edited:

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Jeep Wave Premium Case Management was zero help. They basically just called the local dealership, in which the local dealership gave them the same story. "We don't have a body shop, he's on his own." I asked both Jeep Wave and @JeepCares for contact information for regional management to discuss this situation. They both denied my request. Jeep Wave and @JeepCares were completely useless and frankly, unprofessional.

As a last ditch effort, I emailed the owner of the local dealership my scenario. He responded within 10 minutes apologizing for the entire scenario and promised to take care of it. Magically, 10 minutes after that their Service Director reached out to me to get the Jeep in next business day. They even provided a loaner as the truck was assessed. It was determined that an entire rear window was needed. The rear glass was ordered, and installed by a 3rd party glass shop onsite. Problem solved, but wow what a pain in the a$$!
That's exactly how one of the local Jeep dealers handles things. They have a collision shop but don't do glass themselves. When it's time for glass work - replacement or otherwise, they have a local glass shop come do the work. Your vehicle never leaves the dealership and the glass is done by people who do it all day long M-F

jeepdan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland Gator , 91 Grand Wagoneer, 1964 CJ3B, 1967 Kaiser Jeep M715, two unrestored 1956 Willys Pickups
Same with our favorite local dealership.
Dealer ordered new back window, and a reputable glass shop (who does all of their glass work) came and installed it.
I intentionally left my Gladiator out in a pouring down rain yesterday to check for water inside.
Water tight. Pretty happy with the outcome.

atxatxatx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WK2Grand Cherokee,Gladiator Mojave

Glad that you got it resolved and that the dealership owner did something about it.

shame on @JeepCares for their lack of help. No way you should gone through this amount of pain to get a warranty fix (and honestly what should be a recall).

we are searching for our replacement family vehicle, currently have a Grand Cherokee - Wagoneer would be on our list, but with the pathetic Jeep support I cannot trust to buy this expensive and complex vehicle.

Sponsored

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Business owner/Vibration Analyst
Update: My Jeep has been at the dealership since Monday morning for the window replacement. It's still not done as of today (Wednesday). Spoke with the service manager and he quietly explained that although I had this scheduled over a month ago, and the glass has been there waiting for 3 weeks, nobody thought to contact their outside glass vendor to schedule them. So now I've got a loaner pickup until it's "squeezed in".

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update: Picked up my Gladdy last night. Visually the window looks good. Might get some rain this weekend, so we'll see.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Update: Picked up my Gladdy last night. Visually the window looks good. Might get some rain this weekend, so we'll see.
If you do (get rain, that is) please share. We're back in drought...........

Find out which way the wind is blowing and park that sucker with its back to the wind when it rains.
The last shop I worked in the boss would wait for a nice gentle rain and then go out and wash his cars - might consider that as well LOL

Wishing you luck, a success story.

Achenxx8

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I recently noticed that my 2021 JTR start to leak in the rear as well.
What really surprised me is that Wrangler seems to not have this type of issues.
I would assume they share the same 3pcs hard top?

Sponsored

JTenn

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Overland, 21 JT Willys
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
What really surprised me is that Wrangler seems to not have this type of issues.
The 2 freedom panels yes, the rear large hard top no. The wrangler hard top is longer with side windows and rear hatch back glass that raises up. Even longer if it's a 4 door wrangler.

PlayfulBird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020 Rubicon Gobi
Garden hose that sucker
ours only leaks when wind and rain come from the perfect angle

I would use a preassure washer, only way i was able to replicate it. Sealed it with 3m silicon and will do the Vacuum Hose seal treatment some have done on top of that, as I like the look better and added protection

JeepCares

First Name
JeepCares
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Family
Occupation
Customer Care
If you plan to visit a dealership for this and need our support, send us a private message!

Kate
Jeep Cares

BalancedPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Update: Been through several rainstorms here in Cleveland. From all day lite rain to torrential downpours. Drove through all of them, Jeep sat for hours in them as well. I'm happy to report the dealership repair has worked, and she's completely dry!