Roof leak in back

bokonon

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JT
yeah it was frustrating for me too. I’d wait and have them fix it instead of the going with the silicone but that’s just me.
Yeah, that’s how I’m leaning. I trust the people at the service department I take it to, I realize this is largely out of their control, and I know they’ll eventually get it right. But then there is the whole water-leaking-into-the-back thing I need to deal with in the interim . . . :rain::LOL:
Sponsored

Reactions: DHP

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
yeah it was frustrating for me too. I’d wait and have them fix it instead of the going with the silicone but that’s just me.
I had my LJ in for some axle work and mentioned my leak to the dealer service staff. They said they had not heard this was an issue, but would take a look and see. So, they have no information from FCA. It took me 2+ weeks to have an axle seal replaced, so I'll have to wait a few weeks before taking the JT in, expecting to be without it for a while. Getting parts is taking forever. I am not going to accept any caulking as a fix.

Cburd61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Just an update....We’ve had some hard rains since I sealed my rear window, and it hasn’t leaked a drop. Unless you get up close and personal, it looks factory from 2 feet away. I know, shouldn’t have to fix it, it’s a warranty issue, but, been through that before. 3 different trips to dealer, to get the same issue fixed on my 17 Ram. Didn’t want the hassle. (Although, my dealer and their service department are awesome!). Good luck to anybody/everybody who has this same issue, no matter which way you get it fixed!

LumixLab

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
Just an update....We’ve had some hard rains since I sealed my rear window, and it hasn’t leaked a drop. Unless you get up close and personal, it looks factory from 2 feet away. I know, shouldn’t have to fix it, it’s a warranty issue, but, been through that before. 3 different trips to dealer, to get the same issue fixed on my 17 Ram. Didn’t want the hassle. (Although, my dealer and their service department are awesome!). Good luck to anybody/everybody who has this same issue, no matter which way you get it fixed!
I was wondering how this turned out, thanks for the update.

WGladiator20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Occupation
Truck Driver
I purchased my Gladiator last Saturday and tuesday I noticed the back top was leaking.Dropped it of the next day so they could look at it and today the told me that they are going to swap the top. They are checking it now to see if new top leaks and if everything goes well he said i can pick it up tomorrow.

Sponsored

WGladiator20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Occupation
Truck Driver
Update Chrysler decided that they are going to replace the whole top. The dealer is going to seal it (temporarily fix the leak) until the new top arrives. Eta September 17th. And I'm ok with that. Would of been awsome if they upgraded me with a color matched top. ☺

DHP

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Overland JT
Update Chrysler decided that they are going to replace the whole top. The dealer is going to seal it (temporarily fix the leak) until the new top arrives. Eta September 17th. And I'm ok with that. Would of been awsome if they upgraded me with a color matched top. ☺
This is the best outcome possible! I was wishing I had the dual top package when I was going thru this LOL

WGladiator20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Occupation
Truck Driver
This is the best outcome possible! I was wishing I had the dual top package when I was going thru this LOL
Yea im happy they went this route. I was starting to get nervous reading about all the different issues other people had.

WGladiator20

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan
Occupation
Truck Driver
You definitely got the quickest fix. Sounds like a standup dealership
Yea so far they have been good. Ill update again once I get the new top on.

Sponsored

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep in the shop for the leaking rear window today. Will inform of dealer's fix.

bokonon

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JT
***EDIT*** This was supposed to be quoting the above post by robinja but I posted from my phone and obviously messed it up! :CWL: ***EDIT***

I’ve had my rear window resealed three times (third time was simply to try and buy time for the glass to get here). The rear glass ETA has moved from 8/13 to 9/2 to 9/23 but it still has a big ? next to that date. My point is if they reseal it keep on top of it, and if they have to wait on a part it might be awhile. Hopefully it goes well for you, but be prepared just in case.

Last edited:

Clendennan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator 2020
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for the update. I need to do this. Mine is leaking but a tree limb fell on it so ... i’m not paying the deductible for a top and I intend to get a soft top soon anyway so I just need to fix the leak temporarily. Really appreciate the update

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
Thanks for the update. I need to do this. Mine is leaking but a tree limb fell on it so ... i’m not paying the deductible for a top and I intend to get a soft top soon anyway so I just need to fix the leak temporarily. Really appreciate the update
Dropped mine off at the dealer today. I made it clear that I didn't want any temporary caulking fix, so we'll see. I expect a long process, especially if a replacement is planned.