Sponsored

Roof leak in back

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
Unfortunately was bringing my LE for an oil change and to have them look at my saggy softy tonneau cover, before I got in the car I noticed I had left my rear seat folded down....sure enough there’s the leak under the rear sliding window.....unbelievable
Sponsored

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately ...
I'm going to say there are probably a ton of people that have the leak, but they haven't noticed it yet. Water in the tray behind the seat is the indicator. I had water drops on the black plastic covers on the inside of the top at the top of the window and water trails between the top and body at the screw mounts. Worst part for me was the water made its way inside the top and sloshed around when driving.

Good news is that FCA is aware of the issue and is stepping up to fix it - FCA is a far cry better than Chrysler and Daimler when responding to customer issues.

bokonon

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JT
I'm going to say there are probably a ton of people that have the leak, but they haven't noticed it yet.
Agreed 100%. The only reason I noticed is because I have a rear sunshade and when I went to remove it one day I noticed it was soaked. At first I thought it was coming from the slider window but when I looked closer I saw water all along the top of the rear glass on the inside of the vehicle.

Good news is that FCA is aware of the issue and is stepping up to fix it - FCA is a far cry better than Chrysler and Daimler when responding to customer issues.
I'm dropping it off today to have the glass replaced. The glass is in hand at the dealer and I should have the vehicle back tonight. I'll update when I get it. :fingerscrossed: Even though it's taken awhile I think FCA and the local service department have done everything they could do to help in the interim and never tried to shirk responsibility when it comes to fixing it.

Adawg1203

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE
I'm going to say there are probably a ton of people that have the leak, but they haven't noticed it yet. Water in the tray behind the seat is the indicator. I had water drops on the black plastic covers on the inside of the top at the top of the window and water trails between the top and body at the screw mounts. Worst part for me was the water made its way inside the top and sloshed around when driving.
Of course this comment peaked my curiosity and I just had to know, do I have a leak that I'm unaware of.

Well you can add me to the list. I'm not able to see 100% where the water is getting in, but definitely seems more in the center where the middle passenger would sit.

Lucky for me It had just finished raining, so the timing was perfect.

Last edited:

Mouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
I've checked mine after the last couple of rain storms and everything has been dry. We are a dry climate here in Ut, so I'll continue to monitor.

Sponsored

bokonon

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JT
Glass replaced today. It rained pretty hard a little while ago. Went out and checked and everything was dry! I’ll keep an eye on it after the next few storms but so far so good! :like::rain::rock:

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Bright White (stock) / 2009 Harley Davidson Night Train / 2021 Yamaha GP1800R Riva Racing Stage 1+
So my dealer is saying that It is possible for the glass people to replace the seal, but they wanna take a bunch of pics beforehand because the glass is very prone to cracking, and if It does, then jeep will replace the entire rear glass:headbang:

robinja

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, TJ
Occupation
Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
That's funny.... my dealer said FCA specifically calls for the window to be replaced and not repaired - once the seal separates/cracks its done. I asked the dealer if I could have the old window for a camper project and they said FCA required the window to be returned for destruction/refurbishment under the warranty replacement. I've got a new window in my truck.

Wbrook24

First Name
West
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator rubicon
Picked mine up from getting the steering box replaced today. It sat outside as the leftovers from the hurricane blew over. Noticed the leak when i water started dripping on me. On the plus side my steering feels massively better and it was originally only bad after a half hour on the highway.

bokonon

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JT
Glass was replaced one week ago. We had a lot of rain the last few days and the inside has stayed dry. I'll update if anything changes, but so far it looks like glass replacement fixes the leak! Best of luck to anyone still dealing with this!

Sponsored

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
So after 3 weeks plus at the dealer, I have the truck back. The window was replaced. During the process, the body-colored top was damaged by the body shop the dealer used. They repaired the damage, as well as a few scratches that were already there. Ordering the replacement window was the cause for the delay, even though the dealer was able to have it shipped directly from the manufacturer, per the service tech. The install looks like it was when new, except there is a little sealant oozing from the seal on the passenger side....inside the gap. Not a big deal and I only noticed it since I'm a little OCD. I kept it in the garage for a full 48 hours to let it cure for sure. It is raining now, so we'll see. The tech showed me where it was leaking, on the original window. Mine was leaking from the top of the window and from the bottom. The issue was between the seal/gasket and the glass, not on the actual top to gasket. Thx

brookie0907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 LJ UR 2020 JT Rubicon
So after 3 weeks plus at the dealer, I have the truck back. The window was replaced. During the process, the body-colored top was damaged by the body shop the dealer used. They repaired the damage, as well as a few scratches that were already there. Ordering the replacement window was the cause for the delay, even though the dealer was able to have it shipped directly from the manufacturer, per the service tech. The install looks like it was when new, except there is a little sealant oozing from the seal on the passenger side....inside the gap. Not a big deal and I only noticed it since I'm a little OCD. I kept it in the garage for a full 48 hours to let it cure for sure. It is raining now, so we'll see. The tech showed me where it was leaking, on the original window. Mine was leaking from the top of the window and from the bottom. The issue was between the seal/gasket and the glass, not on the actual top to gasket. Thx
It rained a ton today and no leaks. Thx

Vyndralys

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTR, 2022 Civic Hatchback
Occupation
Software Developer
Of course this comment peaked my curiosity and I just had to know, do I have a leak that I'm unaware of.

Well I you can add me to the list. I'm not able to see 100% where the water is getting, but definitely seems more in the center where the middle passenger would sit.

Lucky for me It had just finished raining, so the timing was perfect.
Looks like I get to join this train too. Purchased 7-12-2020 and it finally got cool enough in Texas this past weekend (right after the tropical storm last week) that I decided to take the top and doors off. That's when I saw the trickle of water above my rear window from the morning dew.

Took it to the dealership on 9/28 and they said they are ordering the glass to replace the rear window and that it should arrive in the next couple of days.

Since it's sitting there, I went ahead and asked them too look at the TSB steering issue as well.

Last edited:

Eric Kern

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, FCA asked them to attempt the repair first, but “OK’d” full glass replacement beforehand in case It got damaged during repair....we’ll, It got damaged, getting full new glass tomorrow.

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
With all the rain we have gotten over the past 48hours in Ohio, I happen to finally notice this.. Looks like its been an issue since the begining, just haven't noticed till now. Bought the JTR July 2019, sounds like I am covered under warranty.
Sponsored