RSI Smartcap

PabstBleuRibbon

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Mojave
I finally installed mine and used 15mm rubber pads in the back. It’s a perfect fit before installing the clamps. I wonder is RSI took measurements before the clamps were torqued, because while torquing I noticed that the trail rails/bed sides bow and the plastic bed rail caps compress. Once torqued, the cap is way too close and the tailgate wants to hit the D gasket and not graze it. I have some 20mm pads coming to see if that helps. Also considering installing without the trail rails to see if that’s better.

Also, the roof rails do hold the weight of the cap so you can lift it with a hoist. I used 4 weld nuts with eye bolts. Would have preferred more points to distribute the load, but didn’t have all my parts yet.
what size weld nut works with the rails?
Sponsored

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Anyone do anything about insulation on the interior of their shell? I'm worried that the black painted metal becoming super hot during summer months and my fridge having to use twice as much power to keep cool. I was wondering if there was some stick on insulator similar to sound deadening that I could tack to the roof panels.

Sponsored

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Inventory Update:
Evo Sport (with side windows) 5ft bed - Backordered. $100 pre-order deposit, shipping ETA 5/18/21
Evo A (solid side gullwing panels with interior molle panels) - IN STOCK NOW!
Link ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM
If pre-ordering an EVOc, is the back one-piece door/hatch going to be available for the Gladiator? And if so, at what price/timeline? Thanks
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap back1

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap back2

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
If pre-ordering an EVOc, is the back one-piece door/hatch going to be available for the Gladiator? And if so, at what price/timeline? Thanks

Those are a prototype that RSI was doing some market research with. As of right now, still just a prototype. If they ever do come to be, it will definitely be late 2022 or possibly even early 2023.

Walter-new jeeper

First Name
Walter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Escape, Ocean Blue Wrangler JLUR, Firecracker Red Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Those are a prototype that RSI was doing some market research with. As of right now, still just a prototype. If they ever do come to be, it will definitely be late 2022 or possibly even early 2023.
That would be a sweet option. One piece door, and a nice cover when it is raining. :) I would vote for producing this as an option - both solid and with the window.

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
I've had my topper on for almost two weeks and the seal around the backdoor is already tearing about 3 inches up on the passenger side.
On another note I installed the table last night. It took all of 15 minutes. It is a nice design.
Scratch

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Inventory Update:

Happy Friday!

Evo Sport (with side windows) - Backordered. $100 pre-order deposit, shipping mid to late May

Evo A (solid side gullwing panels, interior molle panels) - Good in stock, ready to ship!

Evo C (all white, solid side gullwing panels) - Backordered. $100 pre-order deposit, shipping ETA 9/30/21

Pre-Order Deposits: We are taking $100 pre-order deposits on these caps to secure you spot in line. Deposits are refundable should you change your mind. The $100 deposit will be applied towards the final balance with final balance collected a few weeks prior to shipment.

We've done our best to keep our website updated with ETA's and lead times. Questions? Shoot us a PM or give us a call. Always happy to help.

Link ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Sponsored

mog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Gladiator Rubicon, '09 C4500 Kodiak
Occupation
Kodiak Buckaroo
Thanks for the update, although I was certainly hoping for that option. That would have been very useful when camping with the SmartCap, for easy of ingress and egress to the bed of the truck, and it would make a great 'roof' when open for shade/light rain.
I posted the same question on one of SmartCap's Youtube videos and they indicated no plans for the tailgate door in the NA market :crying:
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap smartcapr

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
I've had my topper on for almost two weeks and the seal around the backdoor is already tearing about 3 inches up on the passenger side.
On another note I installed the table last night. It took all of 15 minutes. It is a nice design.
Scratch
Definitely should not be tearing about a few weeks of use. Under warranty, so make sure to submit the warranty claim for a replacement.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
First trip with everything setup and it was a success. Really happy with how the cap did overall. Super happy to finally have it installed and working.

Couple small things to sort out. The replacement rear lift gate door didn’t have the bottom rubber seal trimmed to the proper width. So I had cut that down a bit to get it to close properly, not that big of a deal. My seal does crap on the tailgate pretty bad still despite putting the extra blocks under the back. I’ve got some additional height units on the way to try and space it up a tad bit more.

I went with some @Front Runner load bars for the top. They were rock solid, no issues. But I now wish I’d just gone for one of their racks since I could use the QD RTT mounts. My poor knuckles still aren’t happy after the install/removal ;)

The Roofnest Condor was also great. We had an evening on the trip while camping in Rabbit Valley, overlooking the Colorado River, with winds gusting well over 40mph... despite a rough night sleeping, nothing bent or fabric torn. 👍 (Our 7 year old slept straight through the entire thing, go figure!)

Again, this cap is really so well thought out. I’m very glad to have gotten through the issues with damaged panels tonfinally have it installed and in use. Hopefully RSI can keep up with demand and get through the QC/Shipping damage hiccups, as I think we all want to see them be successful in the long term.

Couple of shots:

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 0D0889CA-8462-4D17-9992-6B7A15E1974A

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap FDD44390-B448-48D4-B7AF-A2F96B167CFE

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 0FD69BF5-34A4-4C49-BED6-1691DB7C3C70

Wruckus

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Efficient maintenance execution
Vehicle Showcase
First trip with everything setup and it was a success. Really happy with how the cap did overall. Super happy to finally have it installed and working.

Couple small things to sort out. The replacement rear lift gate door didn’t have the bottom rubber seal trimmed to the proper width. So I had cut that down a bit to get it to close properly, not that big of a deal. My seal does crap on the tailgate pretty bad still despite putting the extra blocks under the back. I’ve got some additional height units on the way to try and space it up a tad bit more.

I went with some @Front Runner load bars for the top. They were rock solid, no issues. But I now wish I’d just gone for one of their racks since I could use the QD RTT mounts. My poor knuckles still aren’t happy after the install/removal ;)

The Roofnest Condor was also great. We had an evening on the trip while camping in Rabbit Valley, overlooking the Colorado River, with winds gusting well over 40mph... despite a rough night sleeping, nothing bent or fabric torn. 👍 (Our 7 year old slept straight through the entire thing, go figure!)

Again, this cap is really so well thought out. I’m very glad to have gotten through the issues with damaged panels tonfinally have it installed and in use. Hopefully RSI can keep up with demand and get through the QC/Shipping damage hiccups, as I think we all want to see them be successful in the long term.

Couple of shots:

Have you been able to get any of the components yet? I've tried to get half bins, full bins and tool bins for mine and I've made 2 attempts to buy these and each time the lead times have gotten longer (now 4-6 months). I don't want to derail your thread but I haven't seen anyone with the components for our trucks yet.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
Have you been able to get any of the components yet? I've tried to get half bins, full bins and tool bins for mine and I've made 2 attempts to buy these and each time the lead times have gotten longer (now 4-6 months). I don't want to derail your thread but I haven't seen anyone with the components for our trucks yet.
I haven’t ordered any of the other bits. So I can’t comment directly on that. One of the former @RSI North America Inc CS reps said they might be working on a discount codes for people that recieved damaged caps in the first shipments that could be used on accessories. But he doesn’t work with them anymore and I didn’t follow up on that front with everything else going on. I would be really interested in the table. But for our use the bins/kitchen/etc take up too much valuable interior space.

Let us all know how you like the accessories if you end up scoring some!
Sponsored