RSI Smartcap

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
I have to put this somewhere to vent a little. First, I love my cap. It's everything that I could have possibly wanted. But, the goop that drips out of the latches is something I am very dissatisfied with. It is constant. I clean it, it oozes out, I clean it, oozes, etc. I am not 100% certain that a $5k cap (all-in with accessories) should look like I weeping glob box 90% of the time I own it. The sad thing, I have used denatured alcohol to clean it, as instructed, and it's drying out the plastic. The website says that this is tested in SA. It must have been some historically cold years during R&D because if it's 70 degrees outside, I have lock juice dripping out.
Sponsored

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
It's been real hot this last week (115+). I went to get some stuff out of the back last night, and noticed the adhesive has failed. I submitted a warranty claim to Nilight, but haven't got a response yet.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20210621_022101

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
It's been real hot this last week (115+). I went to get some stuff out of the back last night, and noticed the adhesive has failed. I submitted a warranty claim to Nilight, but haven't got a response yet.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20210621_022101
What are we looking at here? Which adhesive failed?

PhantomChameleon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator Rubicon
I have to put this somewhere to vent a little. First, I love my cap. It's everything that I could have possibly wanted. But, the goop that drips out of the latches is something I am very dissatisfied with. It is constant. I clean it, it oozes out, I clean it, oozes, etc. I am not 100% certain that a $5k cap (all-in with accessories) should look like I weeping glob box 90% of the time I own it. The sad thing, I have used denatured alcohol to clean it, as instructed, and it's drying out the plastic. The website says that this is tested in SA. It must have been some historically cold years during R&D because if it's 70 degrees outside, I have lock juice dripping out.
I had to clean mine up also, probably 3 times and then it seemed to slow down. What I have since noticed is that is gets much worse right after I wash the Jeep...I go to a DIY carwash, and it seems the water and soap sprayer does something to cause the glue to start running.

Sponsored

sdhkenyon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Technology Manager
Vehicle Showcase
For folks that have gone with the Mopar 2" + the Smartcap + leveled it, how many inches did you need in the front to get it to level? Pics would be appreciated!

Scratch

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Gator, 2019 JL Mojave Bikini, 2011 JK Sport
For folks that have gone with the Mopar 2" + the Smartcap + leveled it, how many inches did you need in the front to get it to level? Pics would be appreciated!
This is 2" Mopar lift. Rancho drop brackets, teraflex adjustable front lower control arms, and 3/4 leveling puck in the front. The photo makes ot look a little front low but it is almost right on. I may have to add more to the front when I do my winch next week.

PXL_20210403_191613437.jpg

sdhkenyon

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport
Occupation
Technology Manager
Vehicle Showcase
This is 2" Mopar lift. Rancho drop brackets, teraflex adjustable front lower control arms, and 3/4 leveling puck in the front. The photo makes ot look a little front low but it is almost right on. I may have to add more to the front when I do my winch next week.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap PXL_20210403_191613437
Awesome - thanks! Looks great! Halfway through the Mopar installation with 3/4" added in the front. Will post some photos when I'm done!

JBahr

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Stingray Gray
Occupation
Sales
Update... Still loving the topper and functionally it does everything I thought it would.

I have a leak though and I think it is related to the seal and leaking glue everyone is experiencing. I did have the leaking latches like everyone else, they seemed to resolve themselves and no longer leak. Now I have noticed glue leaking from the mating surfaces between the front and rear panels and the roof panel. Glue has steadily dripped out of that area with the hotter temps and now water is slowly making its way through.

@RSI North America Inc I have submitted a warranty request just now. I hope to get a response that a replacement seal can be shipped.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
Customer stopped by our Conroe, TX shop with his final setup. What do you think?

If you're looking to grab an RSI cap, we're still taking pre-orders. And if you haven't checked out our new website that we just launched a few weeks back, make sure to give it a look. We've added a ton of Gladiator parts and accessories.

Link to awesomeness ---->>>> OFFROADALLIANCE.COM

Having issues with your RSI cap? Shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Always happy to help even if you didn't buy it from us.

TSN0e05.jpg

AqP5kgX.jpg

SCu44Y4.jpg

nIsqfdj.jpg

bqmr1Ci.jpg

Sponsored

zy1337

First Name
Zy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Sport S
Got mine installed Friday, ordered it 2 days prior! Called a camper shell shop in the Los Angeles area, they called their distributor to ask for lead time and before they delivered it to the shop the next day. And it was installed on the following day. Lucky me considering lead times.

Anyway load bars were back ordered for month so I built something around T framing extrusion. I went with 48" of 40x80 mm profile (which also uses M8 which is the same size the weld nuts used in the smartcap rails), everything is mounted using 40x40 mm L-brackets and terminated with plastic end caps.

I'll be installing a Trustmade roof top tent which is longer than the bed and will slightly overhang above the cab. I wanted the everything as low profile as possible which is why I went with 40 mm profile as it will make the RTT sit real close to the top of the cab.

Attached a few pics in case it helps anyone

image10.jpg

image0.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

duvinclunk

First Name
Davin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JTR
Customer stopped by our Conroe, TX shop with his final setup. What do you think?

If you're looking to grab an RSI cap, we're still taking pre-orders. And if you haven't checked out our new website that we just launched a few weeks back, make sure to give it a look. We've added a ton of Gladiator parts and accessories.

Having issues with your RSI cap? Shoot me a PM and I'll see what I can do. Always happy to help even if you didn't buy it from us.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap image4

I'm interested in that little table the gas and water is on! Is that custom?

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
I'm interested in that little table the gas and water is on! Is that custom?

Yes, customer built that. It's a pretty trick setup!

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD

curious how the traction boards are mounted to the ceiling

jnack

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTD
I got my cap installed this past weekend -- on several of the seems I noticed this sticky foam was protruding out. The best the shop did was use a knife to try to cut some extra off.

Is this normal? Is this manufacture defect or installer was lazy? I feel like for the price of this thing I shouldn't have to be worrying about this. Main issue is the foam can catch on branches and it's also very sticky so I'm thinking once I hit dusty conditions it will just be full of dust.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap IMG_1365

tempImage762uUb.png
Sponsored