First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
2 weeks to 2 years. Unless it's damaged, then 4 weeks to 4 years.
Nobody can give a clear answer because...Keystone Distribution. They are the logistics provider that is not able to track their own freight. But, At least RSI is happy with their performance....

That definitely doesn't sound good, but that shell looks HOT!
Sponsored

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
That definitely doesn't sound good, but that shell looks HOT!
The roll out really has been a somewhat mixed bag. I think I was one of the first, if not the first, to receive and install. Having had no other units in the wild to compare my experience against, I assumed everyone's experience would be similar to mine...which unfortunately didn't turn out to be true. My cap showed up in perfect shape, and aside from getting no notice on shipping until the freight company called me the day prior, my experience was great. The damaged roof panels have been a widespread issue though, and there does seem to be a disconnect between the manufacturer and the distributor.

It seems like RSI has taken steps to protect the units moving forward, but a lot of the early adopters had issues--some resolved, some not. I still highly recommend the unit itself, but it may be worth waiting another month or two until they hopefully iron out all the logistical kinks. Unless you're looking at the new Adventure model, then I'd probably hop on a preorder now since it's likely still a couple of months out anyway.

jeepfreakedc

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Mojave
Build Thread
Link
The roll out really has been a somewhat mixed bag. I think I was one of the first, if not the first, to receive and install. Having had no other units in the wild to compare my experience against, I assumed everyone's experience would be similar to mine...which unfortunately didn't turn out to be true. My cap showed up in perfect shape, and aside from getting no notice on shipping until the freight company called me the day prior, my experience was great. The damaged roof panels have been a widespread issue though, and there does seem to be a disconnect between the manufacturer and the distributor.

It seems like RSI has taken steps to protect the units moving forward, but a lot of the early adopters had issues--some resolved, some not. I still highly recommend the unit itself, but it may be worth waiting another month or two until they hopefully iron out all the logistical kinks. Unless you're looking at the new Adventure model, then I'd probably hop on a preorder now since it's likely still a couple of months out anyway.
I definitely plan on grabbing the same shell you've got. I've done a lot of research and this one looks like the best out there. I'd go with the adventure model, but I've got dogs that will be riding in the back and need the airflow from the windows. Hopefully, they'll get all the logistics squared away soon. Of course, I'm still working on trading my JLUR in for a Gladiator, so I've got some time.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
That looks awesome! It's essentially what I would have wanted, if it were available when I ordered last July. I also have a white Rubicon and this would have looked fantastic, just like yours.

I purchased the original because of the overall design and lines. But I would much rather have not had windows on the sides and had it in white to match my JT. I actually planned on getting my cap wrapped or painted.

The funny thing is, I could have one from the factory just the way I wanted... essentially now. While I still have a damaged and broken original Smart Cap from the first shipment to the USA... sitting on the floor of my garage.

It's been almost 3 months since I received my damaged unit and the situation still isn't resolved.

Supposedly I'm getting a replacement rear lift gate sometime in the next week or two.

Sponsored

Racer~X

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
That looks awesome! It's essentially what I would have wanted, if it were available when I ordered last July. I also have a white Rubicon and this would have looked fantastic, just like yours.

I purchased the original because of the overall design and lines. But I would much rather have not had windows on the sides and had it in white to match my JT. I actually planned on getting my cap wrapped or painted.

The funny thing is, I could have one from the factory just the way I wanted... essentially now. While I still have a damaged and broken original Smart Cap from the first shipment to the USA... sitting on the floor of my garage.

It's been almost 3 months since I received my damaged unit and the situation still isn't resolved.

Supposedly I'm getting a replacement rear lift gate sometime in the next week or two.
Thanks, I hope your situation gets resolved...I had no problems with ordering or shipment times. I also ordered the table and driver's side winddoor box. Those havent come yet. I was going to do a white wrap, but then I saw the Evoc would be available when I was ordering. I prefer the winddoors too bc its makes the cap an little lighter and less expensive, and less to go wrong.

briscoelab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JTRD, 2021 JLUR, 2020 Gladiator LE
I have confidence my situation will get sorted out. It's just annoying to have a $4000 useless cap in my garage for 3 months :)

But, it's -24 windchill outside right now. So I'm 1. Not camping with it. or 2. Going to run out to install it even once the parts finally show up. hehe

Again, your cap looks stellar! Enjoy.

Jaxmax

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps....... 2021 Mojave , 2019 Wrangler
Occupation
Electrical Manager
I like the white interior also, unless it causes some rear view issue. I had wanted da solid door on drivers side when I purchased but not avalible, I did notice your rear window is different, and you don't have a sliding window in front, which I would like to have also to get better visiblity. I think it looks great on your truck, and think color matched ones are coming out someday. I think RSI needs to have a base version, and then you could add front slider, side windows without sliders and solid windows, would start out more resonable......Jack

Racer~X

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I like the white interior also, unless it causes some rear view issue. I had wanted da solid door on drivers side when I purchased but not avalible, I did notice your rear window is different, and you don't have a sliding window in front, which I would like to have also to get better visiblity. I think it looks great on your truck, and think color matched ones are coming out someday. I think RSI needs to have a base version, and then you could add front slider, side windows without sliders and solid windows, would start out more resonable......Jack
The only thing I would have liked different was a front slider or fold in window for cleaning but otherwise, not a big deal for me. I can reach window front with pressure washer for cleaning bc of gap between cap and cab. Rearview mirror through window visibility is very good.

TheHops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Installed my EVOc...what do you guys think? Impressed with fit and finish, all hardware and excellent assembly directions. Great paint match I think for bright white I think. Shipping packaging was very good and zero damage.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 20210206_123109

Man, that is sharp! Good call on the white on white I think. Looks great!

Sponsored

kaeo_15

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Dang, I dig that EvoC on Bright White. If I had a matched top and flares I think I would have also gone that way.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
@Racer~X that looks great! The Evo C is a great cap. Glad to see more folks grabbing those up. And the white on white looks really good together.

OffroadAlliance.com

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadalliance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Premiere Offroad Shop!
I definitely plan on grabbing the same shell you've got. I've done a lot of research and this one looks like the best out there. I'd go with the adventure model, but I've got dogs that will be riding in the back and need the airflow from the windows. Hopefully, they'll get all the logistics squared away soon. Of course, I'm still working on trading my JLUR in for a Gladiator, so I've got some time.

We can confirm that the Evo Sport is very dog friendly! Even if you went with the Evo Adventure, there's still a cab facing sliding window to ensure plenty of air flow.

As far as logistics, we can attest the shipping issues are quickly diminishing. If we can help get you setup, just let us know. Always happy to help.

5YrD32K.jpg

HeyYoSchmitty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Green Jeep Gladiator
We can confirm that the Evo Sport is very dog friendly! Even if you went with the Evo Adventure, there's still a cab facing sliding window to ensure plenty of air flow.

As far as logistics, we can attest the shipping issues are quickly diminishing. If we can help get you setup, just let us know. Always happy to help.

Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap 5YrD32K
That is so crazy. I have been researching breeds and chose the WPG. We pick up our puppy in April. Good to know he’ll love the palace I’m about to build him in the canopy.

tjbrown23

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Installed my EVOc...what do you guys think? Impressed with fit and finish, all hardware and excellent assembly directions. Great paint match I think for bright white I think. Shipping packaging was very good and zero damage.

Just thought I would share this with the forum, some would be interested to know how your cap was shipped and the packaging! The initial shipment had a lot of caps come in damaged. I know it eased my fears on ordering a $3,600 cap. I love the white on white! I almost went that route and now slightly regretting the hydro blue and black lol.
Jeep Gladiator RSI Smartcap Screenshot_20210208-222020_Facebook
Sponsored