Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2020 JLU, 2022 JLU 392
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
You went w/ Hamburger, iirc....what sucks about their SC...especially if you were keeping up w/ Raptors?

Dont get me wrong: like you, I would prefer the V8 over the SC'd v6....but because I probably wont have the additional $30k for that upgrade....the SC add is more likely.
Its not Hamburgers that sucks....not at all. Great guys there as well BUT the supercharger option in general. No matter who or what you go with you will NEVER have a stock feeling drive again. Shift points are off, tuning isn't great, power is what i'd call blippy or surging.....

I tow a fair amount and absolutely dreaded every tow since supercharging. I have rode with a few other guys running other superchargers (both Wrangler and JT) and their experience was worse than mine.

I get it - who doesn't want to spend 7-10k vs. 30k to get the power. I find out why there is such a big cost savings.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
JET222

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
I don't know why everyone is so surprised by this. The SRT Grand Cherokee is in the same price range. Did you expect it to be a $2K option ??? Get real.
How about a $10k option, same as the Challenger? The only problem I have is you have to get all the bells and whistles, which is just more shit to break. I get that it is a brand new model, and so they are trying to make it special, but it would be nice to see a factory option for the Hemi without having to be "special". I don't think anyone expected $2k.

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
How about a $10k option, same as the Challenger? The only problem I have is you have to get all the bells and whistles, which is just more shit to break. I get that it is a brand new model, and so they are trying to make it special, but it would be nice to see a factory option for the Hemi without having to be "special". I don't think anyone expected $2k.
They are pricing for their target audience. They know they will sell - they aren't trying to advertise or make it affordable. I am sure there is a TON of modification going into the frame, bay, suspension on the Wrangler. These are things that don't need to be done to the same extent in the Challenger, hence the difference in price tag. You aren't just paying for the powertrain.

mnf1fan

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Challenger Hellcat. 17' Grand Cherokee SRT, 2021 Mojave,Loaded.
I hear ya.
I have the SRT and also a Hellcat. So I'm used to the price gouging. But Jeep and Dodge are two totally different business units and they treat thier product marketing/pricing differently. They know folks will pay it. They always do.

OP
OP
JET222

JET222

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Mojave
They are pricing for their target audience. They know they will sell - they aren't trying to advertise or make it affordable. I am sure there is a TON of modification going into the frame, bay, suspension on the Wrangler. These are things that don't need to be done to the same extent in the Challenger, hence the difference in price tag. You aren't just paying for the powertrain.
I can appreciate that. Hope they do.

Sponsored

USMC32GTR

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Skyline GTR, 2021 JT Rubicon 6MT
Occupation
Analyst
The blower option sucks IMO. I went that route to and ended up getting a Hemi. I understand what you mean though - I have an SRT for my speed.
Curious why the blower didn’t work out? Just nothing added on the low end where the 3.6 needs it? My end goal is a DIY hemi swap retaining a manual but that will be a long ways down the road due to the cost/time. I was thinking blower as an intermediate step once warranty runs out.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
Curious why the blower didn’t work out? Just nothing added on the low end where the 3.6 needs it? My end goal is a DIY hemi swap retaining a manual but that will be a long ways down the road due to the cost/time. I was thinking blower as an intermediate step once warranty runs out.
Blower seems to have some reliability issues and it's often stated the 3.6L does not like boost. I had a PROcharger on a previous Mustang and all the music only ever happened above 2.5K with most of the added torque and power coming in at 4.5K rpms. It was great there but can't see that being any useful for the JT. And imagine towing up a hill with the engine at 5K rpms under constant boost. To me these blowers always were more like top end power boosters for WOT runs and burnouts lol but nothing that can fix an anemic engine like the 3.6L

Mopar King

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
CFO - Logistics Company
With the supercharger you will NEVER have a stock feeling drive again (not in a good way). Shift points are off, tuning isn't great, power is what i'd call blippy or surging..... etc etc. Its for sure the cheap route to go. I wasn't happy from day 1 of being installed with mine though.

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Its not Hamburgers that sucks....not at all. Great guys there as well BUT the supercharger option in general. No matter who or what you go with you will NEVER have a stock feeling drive again. Shift points are off, tuning isn't great, power is what i'd call blippy or surging.....

I tow a fair amount and absolutely dreaded every tow since supercharging. I have rode with a few other guys running other superchargers (both Wrangler and JT) and their experience was worse than mine.

I get it - who doesn't want to spend 7-10k vs. 30k to get the power. I find out why there is such a big cost savings.....
Good gouge...thanks, man.

Keep us posted with your Hemi swap...I might have to dig a little deeper for more change in the couch, steal from the kid's 519 plan.

it_trailblzr

First Name
Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTO
Occupation
Social Extrovert
Option for a Hemi at BlackMountain
I saw a video of him doing a burnout in 4-high Gladiator

Sponsored

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Brand new crate 5.7?

CMac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT, Toyota Highlander, HD FLHRC and FLSTSCI
Occupation
Professional Aviator
Nice!! I guess I can see why these upgrades are so costly beyond the hardware cost...much labor intensity.

Is there any other powertrain upgrading going on—trans...xfer case...diffs...axles?
Sponsored