First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Has your overlanding kit been on for the majority of that 4k miles?
It has! Put on the rack and tent with 47 miles on the Jeep
Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
That's really good mpg with that stuff on their. Are you lifted and running bigger tires?
2" Mopar lift on stock wheels and tires. 37's and new wheels should be in sometime this week!

Sponsored

UTRZRDOG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon Ecodiesel
Occupation
Self Employed
Fully loaded Rubicon with a 2 inch Mopar lift, 37 inch BFG KO2's on AEV Borah wheeels and at 81 MPH from Southern Utah to Central Utah (2700 foot elevation to 5700 feet) 22.4 MPG. Vehicle has less than 500 miles on it and never ran stock wheels and tires so I am not able to compare with stock. Stays in 8th gear unless it is a fairly steep incline and then only shifts down to 7th gear for a very short time. This is with the adaptive cruise control set at 81 and the only time it varied more the 1 MPH is when some idiot pulled in front of me or the traffic slowed it down. On level ground current MPG consistantly showed 28-34 MPG. Very impressive torque, ride and MPG for a Jeep!

gregdreambig

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition with a JT on the way
future diesel owner here.....do you current diesel owners find it anymore difficult to find fuel when on the road or do you carry rotopak or jerry can's to accommodate?

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
future diesel owner here.....do you current diesel owners find it anymore difficult to find fuel when on the road or do you carry rotopak or jerry can's to accommodate?
All depends on where you are.
In Miami for instance a lot of stations dont have Diesel. I have two stations (one by my home and one by my office) where I get Diesel. On the highway all stations have diesel for trucks.
Also, there is an app called Gas Buddy that will show you on a map... also prices.

gregdreambig

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All depends on where you are.
In Miami for instance a lot of stations dont have Diesel. I have two stations (one by my home and one by my office) where I get Diesel. On the highway all stations have diesel for trucks.
Also, there is an app called Gas Buddy that will show you on a map... also prices.
Thanks for the reminder for gas buddy! I have had the app for awhile....forgot you could filter on gas vs diesel!

Stevevdbh

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Manager
2" Mopar lift on stock wheels and tires. 37's and new wheels should be in sometime this week!
Can you share your wheel details? I have the same lift and want to go with the same tires but need to know the offset or back spacing to avoid the suspension rub?

Sponsored

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
Can you share your wheel details? I have the same lift and want to go with the same tires but need to know the offset or back spacing to avoid the suspension rub?
I got the Black Rhino Rumble with 0 offset. I dont know for sure that it will work yet lol. I will let you know though!

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I keep two rotopax on the truck. Here in San Antonio isn't bad, but when I head out to West Texas it gets harder to find a fuel station let alone one that has diesel.

_MG_7548.jpg

gregdreambig

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep two rotopax on the truck. Here in San Antonio isn't bad, but when I head out to West Texas it gets harder to find a fuel station let alone one that has diesel.

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel MPG.... at what speed? _MG_7548
nice! how do you like the rebel off road rack? Do you have them attached to the headache rack from rebel too?

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
nice! how do you like the rebel off road rack? Do you have them attached to the headache rack from rebel too?
I love it so far! Yes I do! And I have good visibility out of the rear window still...not that I need it though haha
Sponsored