Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
my first full tank and not gunning it at all got me 25.3 on the screen, but when I did the math myself with a calculator, it was 23.3.... exactly 400 miles on the tank
Is yours a Rubicon? I was waiting for the diesel but with covid they did not come out before I had to pull the trigger. I'd really like to see how much better the diesel would pull my offroad trailer. I only get 7-10mpg towing it with my stock +35s Rubicon.

GrandmaGoesCamping-24.jpg
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
Man and I thought people liked to just cruise out in jeeps. Seems like almost every jeep I come across they are driving like 80 MPH everywhere (LOL). The other day on the highway I was cruising at around 65-70 and had two jeeps blow past me like I was sitting still.

briandmiles

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 JTR ecodiesel, GMC Yukon XL Denali
There are a lot of long stretches up by me that are 80mph posted speed limit. If you don't go at least that fast you're likely to get run over.

Brian

jurfie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Granite Crystal Metallic JKR; 2016 Daytona Grey Audi A5 Competition Package

Daniel Snider

First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mach-1, 2021 Gladiator Diesel
Occupation
Sales, and generally being awesone
Is yours a Rubicon? I was waiting for the diesel but with covid they did not come out before I had to pull the trigger. I'd really like to see how much better the diesel would pull my offroad trailer. I only get 7-10mpg towing it with my stock +35s Rubicon.

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel MPG.... at what speed? GrandmaGoesCamping-24
Yes, mine is a Rubicon Diesel :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
AEsco48

AEsco48

First Name
AndresE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Mech Engineer/MBA/Entrepreneur
WE may have to hit some trails together sometime. lol
Maybe some day i can join you guys. Planning on ordering a JTRD as soon as our move to Denver is confirmed.

Jeepasaurus_Rex

First Name
Mike🖤
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 KJ -- '21 JTRD
Build Thread
Link
I'm still averaging 23mpg over 4,000 miles on mine! :)

50639436421_cdcdf1b820_o.jpg

_MG_7500.jpg

Smess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Diesel, 2021 392, 1982 J10

Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel MPG.... at what speed? _MG_7500
I had a launch gasser with the edge pulsar that increases it by 30hp so they say. I had 4.10's and 35's and with the pulsar it moved out pretty good.

I now have the diesel with a pedal commander and I cant even turn the PC up all the way.

There is no comparison between the two, the gas does the typical get up and go and when under a load it hims and haws. The typical diesel runs like a raped date when the turbos engage and finds power you didn't know it had under load but like a 6.7 Cummins does in a 3/4 or 1 ton.

I took a bath selling my launch, they were discounting the new ones big time and then the virus brought the market back somewhat with factory stopping production.

If I had it to do all over again I would have passed on the launch but I did it to keep on Jeeps VIP list just in case a Wrangler 392 Special Edition came out and what do you know, they came out and I ordered one and there was no VIP (loyal customer) preference. I just got lucky and told dealer to call me when if/when the orders opened up.

I gave my launch away to a good friend and one of the best boat techs/riggers in SOFL so he agreed to lifetime VIP treatment on boat issues which has almost paid back the launch loss since the virus and boat parts were taking months to get and he said anything I need just ask and he delivered.

Sponsored

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
I had a launch gasser with the edge pulsar that increases it by 30hp so they say. I had 4.10's and 35's and with the pulsar it moved out pretty good.

I now have the diesel with a pedal commander and I cant even turn the PC up all the way.

There is no comparison between the two, the gas does the typical get up and go and when under a load it hims and haws. The typical diesel runs like a raped date when the turbos engage and finds power you didn't know it had under load but like a 6.7 Cummins does in a 3/4 or 1 ton.

I took a bath selling my launch, they were discounting the new ones big time and then the virus brought the market back somewhat with factory stopping production.

If I had it to do all over again I would have passed on the launch but I did it to keep on Jeeps VIP list just in case a Wrangler 392 Special Edition came out and what do you know, they came out and I ordered one and there was no VIP (loyal customer) preference. I just got lucky and told dealer to call me when if/when the orders opened up.

I gave my launch away to a good friend and one of the best boat techs/riggers in SOFL so he agreed to lifetime VIP treatment on boat issues which has almost paid back the launch loss since the virus and boat parts were taking months to get and he said anything I need just ask and he delivered.
I'm actually fine with the overall power of the gasser (okay, it could use a bit more lol) but I'll probably trade up to a diesel for the easier towing and less fuel economy hit while towing once this one is paid off. That will give it a few years for any issues to shake out and maybe some refinements around the truck. The extra fuel range would be nice right now, but I can counter that with jerry cans or a fuel cell for the time being.