• Total voters

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
Nope not wrong - I know they don't make two Silverados anymore...I was referring to the 2018 model year. Your wrong in that Chevy is continuing the extended cab (or double cab). For 2019 extended cabs (or double cabs) will continue and are projected at 40% of sales - a vital component to the overall sales figure. Your comparison to the cabs of a full size truck (Silverado) and mid-size truck (Gladiator) is also flawed. The single chassis of the full size trucks supports both the double or quad cabs as well as the crew cab the space is just used differently - loner bed shorter cab for double or quad cabs and shorter bed and longer cabs for the crews. That is why it is so frustrating that Jeep has left the extended cab option off the market. The hard and most expensive decisions have been made - the assembly line has been installed and retooled (the old JK line) and the chassis has been engineered and produced. The only remaining decision is to design an alternative cab that allocates the space available on the chassis in a different way - shorten the cab and extend the bed. This is the same approach taken across the mid-size and full-size truck lines by all the manufacturers - why Jeep decided to limit itself with the Gladiator to one single configuration makes no sense. All the investment in this retooled assembly line and chassis engineering and development to produce one single vehicle in one single configuration is illogical and minimizes the chance for profitability not to mention the opportunity lost to dominate the market with very attractive and alternative trucks (FC, Crew Chief, J12, extended cab Gladiator, etc.) - these have all been shown in Moab. These vehicles are valuable properties and their value should be maximized through using the basic platform that has been developed to bring these assets to the market.
It will be a sales flop and Jeep will wonder how come no one is buying one? Maybe because you confined yourself to one cookie cutter missionary position style for an "expensive, intentionally so" price and you provide a faux sense of individuality with a couple of shiny colors which of themselves are a direct carry over from the JLU hmmmmm......

Buy your Gladiators now because the resale prices will only go up as the years go by due to obscurity.

I can't wait for mine though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Nope not wrong - I know they don't make two Silverados anymore...I was referring to the 2018 model year. Your wrong in that Chevy is continuing the extended cab (or double cab). For 2019 extended cabs (or double cabs) will continue and are projected at 40% of sales - a vital component to the overall sales figure. Your comparison to the cabs of a full size truck (Silverado) and mid-size truck (Gladiator) is also flawed. The single chassis of the full size trucks supports both the double or quad cabs as well as the crew cab the space is just used differently - loner bed shorter cab for double or quad cabs and shorter bed and longer cabs for the crews. That is why it is so frustrating that Jeep has left the extended cab option off the market. The hard and most expensive decisions have been made - the assembly line has been installed and retooled (the old JK line) and the chassis has been engineered and produced. The only remaining decision is to design an alternative cab that allocates the space available on the chassis in a different way - shorten the cab and extend the bed. This is the same approach taken across the mid-size and full-size truck lines by all the manufacturers - why Jeep decided to limit itself with the Gladiator to one single configuration makes no sense. All the investment in this retooled assembly line and chassis engineering and development to produce one single vehicle in one single configuration is illogical and minimizes the chance for profitability not to mention the opportunity lost to dominate the market with very attractive and alternative trucks (FC, Crew Chief, J12, extended cab Gladiator, etc.) - these have all been shown in Moab. These vehicles are valuable properties and their value should be maximized through using the basic platform that has been developed to bring these assets to the market.

Cool story bro, just go ahead and re-name double cab to extended cab and you win the argument.

You clearly aren't interested in having a conversation about this, you just want to throw up a wall of text and ignore this reality: Jeep is not making a truck that they'll only sell 10k of - it's just not happening any time soon.

Jeep_VB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 LE Gladiator, 22 Grand Wagoneer S1
It will be a sales flop and Jeep will wonder how come no one is buying one? Maybe because you confined yourself to one cookie cutter missionary position style for an "expensive, intentionally so" price and you provide a faux sense of individuality with a couple of shiny colors which of themselves are a direct carry over from the JLU hmmmmm......

Buy your Gladiators now because the resale prices will only go up as the years go by due to obscurity.

I can't wait for mine though.

A sales flop, No it won't be there has been lots of market research on this vehicle. The only sales flop they would have would be a 2 door JT because there is a very small percentage that want one.

I can honestly tell by your comments in the other threads on this forum that you are just TROLLING around. Have fun doing so, you have actually made me laugh by how un-informed you are. You could learn a lot on this forum if you would give your self a chance.

Karnivoolfan

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Baja
A sales flop, No it won't be there has been lots of market research on this vehicle. The only sales flop they would have would be a 2 door JT because there is a very small percentage that want one.

I can honestly tell by your comments in the other threads on this forum that you are just TROLLING around. Have fun doing so, you have actually made me laugh by how un-informed you are. You could learn a lot on this forum if you would give your self a chance.
Uninformed is the correct spelling. No hyphen involved. Please inform yourself on that.

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Cool story bro, just go ahead and re-name double cab to extended cab and you win the argument.

You clearly aren't interested in having a conversation about this, you just want to throw up a wall of text and ignore this reality: Jeep is not making a truck that they'll only sell 10k of - it's just not happening any time soon.
We’ll see who’s right....over time...we’ll see and one more thing....I’m not your “bro”

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Thanks 2015er for staying with this. Agree with your first post. Me too that. Signed up just to weigh in with support. First, what we all need is a trail. Trails settle things. Moreso getting to the top, end, destination. We've all seen the old man in a one wheel drive rolling up to pull the shiny trucks out. Here is what he might say: In order to run a trail we need our trucks. In order to be in our trucks we need some pricing. Obviously if the price is right JT will sell. If it sells product will be diferentiated. We'll get our wide track low gear long bed and mine will have a freakin' bench seat. And the spare up high on the side like the 05, for convenience purposes of not laying in mud to change out. And these folks saying no two door like it's fact, this decade is the first generation of anything Jeep four door only. Two doors are the brand. All this corporate talk makes me think you actually believe Jeep people going to work happily parroting that this is a lifestyle vehicle. Our people busted it for decades and got us a jeep truck despite it all. bravo!! Thank you! How much??

Sponsored

OP
OP
2015er

2015er

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4
Thanks 2015er for staying with this. Agree with your first post. Me too that. Signed up just to weigh in with support. First, what we all need is a trail. Trails settle things. Moreso getting to the top, end, destination. We've all seen the old man in a one wheel drive rolling up to pull the shiny trucks out. Here is what he might say: In order to run a trail we need our trucks. In order to be in our trucks we need some pricing. Obviously if the price is right JT will sell. If it sells product will be diferentiated. We'll get our wide track low gear long bed and mine will have a freakin' bench seat. And the spare up high on the side like the 05, for convenience purposes of not laying in mud to change out. And these folks saying no two door like it's fact, this decade is the first generation of anything Jeep four door only. Two doors are the brand. All this corporate talk makes me think you actually believe Jeep people going to work happily parroting that this is a lifestyle vehicle. Our people busted it for decades and got us a jeep truck despite it all. bravo!! Thank you! How much??
I think there's hope that by second or third model year we'll see an extended cab offering. Thanks for posting.

Wilk

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Dakota
I think there's hope that by second or third model year we'll see an extended cab offering. Thanks for posting.
I'd say we shouldn't expect anything really modified from this four door platform for about five years. FCA will want to make sure that the first few years aren't just hype selling the model and also make sure they didn't totally mess up the Gladiator in some way.

I'm betting after three years of proven sales and then two of engineering a new frame and drivetrain for a two door shorted then we'll see it. We'll probably see a two door long bed first if they can finagle the bed onto the existing frame with a two door body.

What we all have to remember is that no matter what the change is, once an automotive design is changed from the one currently running along the production lines, the need for a new line to be built comes about as well as a bunch of new engineering challenges in design. There are a lot of people on every forum who oversimplify the engineering, development and testing of vehicles.

FCA could slam together a two door short bed on some scrap stuff to make people happy but if they don't design it right and test properly, it could fail miserably. Then those who want a two door will hang them for it and the Jeep reputation will have a lasting blemish on it.

DMoney

First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport w/ 1.5 inch lift.
Occupation
Freight-liner Diesel Technician
You're neither.
Wow, you need to chill as well.

You guys need to stop argueing and stop getting butt hurt over stuff that doesn't really matter.

This is a forum about a jeep truck not of who's bro with who, or who is the genious of Chevy trucks (which are work trucks and not lifestyle trucks, so don't compare them to the JT).
Sponsored