OP
361Sean

361Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi. 2006 Liberty. 2003 Ram 2500 CTD, and a couple of Hogs.
I'm seeing a lot of feature complaints about the Gladiator and don't understand why if the buyer has had ample opportunity to look things over and at least gone for a test drive prior to purchase these things should have been apparent and found to be acceptable If they are not acceptable then don't buy it. Pretty simple to most. I'll probably get a lot of flak on this one but I believe I'm right. I found some things on mine that were less than desirable but after I took it home I just dealt with them. No point in complaining.
What you see as complaining is what others see as discusing less than desirable things on a community based message board. I test drove the truck a couple of times, but it wasn't until i put a couple of thousand miles on it that i noticed i didn't care for the headrest being so forward. I feel like it's turning my spine into a question mark. I fully understand that I'm in the minority here but these are my opinions. i know jeep didn't just put this seat configuration together without doing some RandD on it.

I'm still glad I made the purchase despite you thinking that the seat should have deterred me. I'm glad you are 100 percent happy with yours. We should all be so lucky. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.
Sponsored

futzin'

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR, '15 Durango Citadel, '06 Suburban 2500 8L
What you see as complaining is what others see as discusing less than desirable things on a community based message board. I test drove the truck a couple of times, but it wasn't until i put a couple of thousand miles on it that i noticed i didn't care for the headrest being so forward. I feel like it's turning my spine into a question mark. I fully understand that I'm in the minority here but these are my opinions. i know jeep didn't just put this seat configuration together without doing some RandD on it.

I'm still glad I made the purchase despite you thinking that the seat should have deterred me. I'm glad you are 100 percent happy with yours. We should all be so lucky. Thanks for your contribution to the discussion.
Nice post. As a potential buyer, I for one am glad folks point out what they do and/or don't like about the truck.

madduck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator JT, '77 SJ: Cherokee Chief, '06 LJ
Occupation
High Speed Al tubing manager
ok, so day two of my new toy.
i let a buddy drive it today, gotta share, my parents raised me right. sitting in the pax seat i noticed how far aft the pax seat was versus the drivers seat. i'm 6'2", probably longer in the torso as opposed to the legs for my height. i like sitting higher in my vehicles so i "pumped" the seat up, messing around with different height settings.

i felt the seat moving forward when i was pumping it vertical but didnt think much of it. my buddy is about my height. i commented on the pax seat feeling better than the drivers seat, that's when i noticed the difference in forward position. he said he didnt care for where i had the drivers seat positioned. i told him to lower the seat and see what he thought. he lowered it, which also moved it aft, and agreed that he liked the positioning better.

so when it was my turn to drive i kept it lower, and lowered it a bit more, but then came up again, just a bit. the leg support is much better with seat lower for my body type. if i have to pick height vs leg support i'm going with leg support. if-if-if i really need to sit higher i'll get a cushion to sit on. the type that helps your posture. but i'll try this current setting for a while and see how this goes.

Last edited:

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I'm seeing a lot of feature complaints about the Gladiator and don't understand why if the buyer has had ample opportunity to look things over and at least gone for a test drive prior to purchase these things should have been apparent and found to be acceptable If they are not acceptable then don't buy it. Pretty simple to most. I'll probably get a lot of flak on this one but I believe I'm right. I found some things on mine that were less than desirable but after I took it home I just dealt with them. No point in complaining.
On the surface, you are right. But letā€™s be realistic, most people are in new car endorphin high when new vehicle shopping. Many things and nuances are not going to be noticed until after a few days or many weeks of use once everything has been tried out.

Hell, the ownerā€™s manual is a about 600 pages long and nobody is going to sit at a dealership fingering everything there is to be had for half a day or getting hours of in seat butt time to figure out if the ergonomics are going to give long term fatigue.

Me personally, I would not be sitting on a too much of high horse judging people for things getting missed.

JTJITSU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
When I rode in the Gladiator for the first drive, I thought, ā€œComfortable enough.ā€ After owning one for over a year now, I will be addressing the discomfort from the seats that my wife and I get from long drives. I believe it comes from the flatness and shortness of the seat bottoms. My Katskin leather seats started deforming at the ā€œbutt boneā€ area right away (see photos from less than a month) after buying the JT. I submitted photos to with details in my owners review to Jeep. Im 6ā€™ and 180 lbs, fit, but not boney. But looking at the deformation in the seat, you would imagine I were built like Jack Skellington. I know I cant do too much to cheaply lengthen the seat bottoms, but Im gonna experiment with covers and padding then take my ideas to an upholstery shop. I bought the JT because its a bad ass Jeep Truck. Ill get over uncomfortable seats. Lol

79FF742D-5339-40A6-BE8D-1B09D4DBB3A2.jpeg

FF2DA3B2-24B7-4F6B-9AC6-5B442852421A.jpeg

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
I thought the leather ones were pretty horrible when I tried them so I went with the stadard material cloth seat, and in my opinion, very comfortable. I am how ever having a tuff time finding seat covers I like. But I'll find them eventually. Good luck with yours

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
When I rode in the Gladiator for the first drive, I thought, ā€œComfortable enough.ā€ After owning one for over a year now, I will be addressing the discomfort from the seats that my wife and I get from long drives. I believe it comes from the flatness and shortness of the seat bottoms. My Katskin leather seats started deforming at the ā€œbutt boneā€ area right away (see photos from less than a month) after buying the JT. I submitted photos to with details in my owners review to Jeep. Im 6ā€™ and 180 lbs, fit, but not boney. But looking at the deformation in the seat, you would imagine I were built like Jack Skellington. I know I cant do too much to cheaply lengthen the seat bottoms, but Im gonna experiment with covers and padding then take my ideas to an upholstery shop. I bought the JT because its a bad ass Jeep Truck. Ill get over uncomfortable seats. Lol

Jeep Gladiator seat is uncomfortable FF2DA3B2-24B7-4F6B-9AC6-5B442852421A

Jeep Gladiator seat is uncomfortable FF2DA3B2-24B7-4F6B-9AC6-5B442852421A
It's amazing what a good shop can do with seats. It's worth a shot on those. I had my SX4 seats totally redone and they are like new. My JT is still a lot more comfortable........... and my 73 is just as comfortable.

Skdmarc

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mojave
Occupation
GM
So I've had the jt for about a month and put on almost 3,000 miles and I have to say I think this is one of the most uncomfortable seats I have sat in.

First off, the headrest is so forward that it bothers my upper back/neck. I realise is an anti whiplash thing but really.....also, try to recline and lay there. Your chin will be in your chest.

Second, talk about lack of lumbar support. I feel like the middle of the seat back is carved out. No lumbar whatsoever. That combined with the headrest really makes it not comfy.

And third, the seat seams narrow. I know I could lose a few LBs but it feels a little tight. That one's on me.

All said I think an airplane seat would be more comfortable. My Ram and Liberty are so much better. I'm thinking about looking for an aftermarket seat.
Agreed headrests are horrible steal the ones they put in ram and you're golden back support is bad for me not the worst my problem is the bottom pad just isn't comfortable I am 6'3 and 302lbs I have little over 5000 mostly highway miles on my Mojave ride comfort is great seat comfort for me not so much

booneja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport (hers) and Overland (His)
Occupation
RCAF Veteran/ Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My only complaint is with the headrest also. I have it all the way up but still find it too far forward. I wash it was not angled forward like it is. Other than that the seats are comfortable and I had a 2016 JKUR before the JT.
I find the forward angle a bit off as well, there are many vehicle manufacturers that have an integrated tilt in the headrest that you can adjust, I think the Jeep Patriot I traded in for my JTO was like that and to be honest, I think all manufacturers should have forward titl adjusting headrests as peoples bodies are different and this woudl just give that one bit more of comfort and safety.

The ting I find interesting is that with my JTO and my wife's JTS is that the leather seats I have are stiffer and in my opinion are more comfortable for me, my wife doesn't like the leather as she keeps sliding forward, and likes her JTS better, good thing we each have one so she can have her cloth unheated seats, lol

Dryfly24

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2016 Indian Springfield
Occupation
Retired and loving it
Coming from a Tacoma Iā€™m tickled pink with the Gladiator seat. The only bitch I have is that it is very hard.

They damn sure dropped the ball in the padding department. Itā€™s like sitting on a wooden board after a couple hours. Mine are leather BTW. Donā€™t know if the cloth version are better.

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Coming from a Tacoma Iā€™m tickled pink with the Gladiator seat. The only bitch I have is that it is very hard.

They damn sure dropped the ball in the padding department. Itā€™s like sitting on a wooden board after a couple hours. Mine are leather BTW. Donā€™t know if the cloth version are better.
The JT seats are soft compared to the seats of a 2018 Grand Cherokee - those are like sitting on wooden seats, IMO - but my wife loved 'em.

DailyMoparGuy

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S 3.6L
Occupation
Engineer
Dang Iā€™m the oppositeā€¦.other than Acura and Volvo, these are the best car seats Iā€™ve ever sat in for an extended period. I just did a 3 hour drive to Waco and 3 back to Houston in one day, and my comfort was great.

(Iā€™ve got cloth seats. Idk about the leather)

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Dang Iā€™m the oppositeā€¦.other than Acura and Volvo, these are the best car seats Iā€™ve ever sat in for an extended period. I just did a 3 hour drive to Waco and 3 back to Houston in one day, and my comfort was great.

(Iā€™ve got cloth seats. Idk about the leather)
I LOVE the seats in my truck. Love 'em. When I first got it I even told my wife that my truck was more comfortable to drive or ride in that her Grand Cherokee. Luckily the 2021 she bought has softer, nicer seats so it's a wash now. But I can sit in my truck all day (and have for almost 11 hours) and feel fine without aches and pains after.

Everybody is different, so YSMV

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Being on the bigger side, I don't have a problem with the cloth seats. I've only taken it on a 3+ hour drive, which really isn't anything.

My wife finds them too hard and we have a foam cushion that makes it fantastic for her to sit.

I can ride uncomfortable. I broke my tailbone in Jackson one winter and we drove home 3 days later. 15 hour drive. Uffda.

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
Freedom seats are leather trimmed cloth. I like the upscale look and (I have no idea if they are different) they are fairly comfortable for me. Did a four hr drive the day I picked it up and 3 hours the next to get it home. Comfortable (once I figured out how to adjust it).

I have not noticed the head rest at all?
Sponsored