dayusmc

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Mojave & 2022 JLU High-Tide
Occupation
Retired Marine; Divorce Attorney
That extended would work, but it is kind of ugly.
My best opinion would be if I can turn that message off so it doesn't pop up. JScan doesn't seem to do it. I haven't used my AlphaOBD yet, I am hoping that could do it. That is why I started this post, hoping someone had experience with AlphaOBD and knows if it can be done.
Sponsored

sharpsicle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2002 VTX1800
That extended would work, but it is kind of ugly.
My best opinion would be if I can turn that message off so it doesn't pop up. JScan doesn't seem to do it. I haven't used my AlphaOBD yet, I am hoping that could do it. That is why I started this post, hoping someone had experience with AlphaOBD and knows if it can be done.
Asked and answered, your honor.
Probably not.
That light is hardwired into the system. No way to make it just stay off
Multiple easy alternatives have been given in light of this. Like I said, we're here to help find solutions, even if it's not the original one you hoped for. That's the case here. Totally up to you if you want to use one of them or just live with the warning as-is. I bit the bullet on this myself a few years back, just trying to save you the headache.

LouisvEarlleJT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JT Willys Earl
Got it, thank you for your service, that's a crap situation. There's always the old "find a junkyard seatbelt buckle" method. You just leave it clipped in, assuming the sensor is in the clasp and not the retractors

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
It’s probably a 2-wire switch in there. My wife had an Audi once that had a malfunctioning switch. I just cut the wires going to the release, and hotwired it so the computer thought it was always buckled. Have you looked at doing that?

Josh00333

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Freedom
Build Thread
Link
The thing you need people are nicely giving you the answer for, $12 on amazon and your being hard headed abought it.

:punch:

Sponsored

OP
OP
dayusmc

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It’s probably a 2-wire switch in there. My wife had an Audi once that had a malfunctioning switch. I just cut the wires going to the release, and hotwired it so the computer thought it was always buckled. Have you looked at doing that?
Some are easy like that and some have a certain resistance. Being everything is CAN bus now it probably is a resistance...
But I will definitely check!

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
There is no way to get rid of the message. The seat belt extender is likely the best available option.

Be careful with the seat belt wiring. Since it involves Federal Safety requirements, it is supposed to be fully functional if sold or traded.

OP
OP
dayusmc

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am going to look for the shortest seatbelt extender I can find. Or I will have to deal with the picture. It seems to only come up at low speeds...

bilib54

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Gladiator, 19 Buick Tourx, 62 Dodge lancer
Occupation
retired
I have a short extender AND use my belts. Works fine for about $10.

Sponsored

OP
OP
dayusmc

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks but I use my seatbelt a lot of the time. I just don't use it when my chest is tight and sometimes take it off in a hurry if I am having trouble catching my breath...

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I put this in my truck 2-1/2 years ago. It has never come out since. The regular seatbelt just plugs into this. It also has the added benefit of being able to drive forward and backward without the truck going into "auto park". Light and notification stays off at all times.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOEDUL-2PCS-...ref=sr_1_5?keywords=seat+belt+extender&sr=8-5
I always wear my seatbelt. But get annoyed as hell when it goes into auto park. This is a brilliant solution.

It would be great to be able to buy an American made one that I could count on not to fail in an accident. ($18 for 2, does not instill confidence. I want to pay more. Ha)

To the OP - thank you for your service.

b-roc

First Name
Broc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTM

Florida Mojave

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU, 2018 JKU, 2021 JT Mojave
I put this in my truck 2-1/2 years ago. It has never come out since. The regular seatbelt just plugs into this. It also has the added benefit of being able to drive forward and backward without the truck going into "auto park". Light and notification stays off at all times.

https://www.amazon.com/ZOEDUL-2PCS-...ref=sr_1_5?keywords=seat+belt+extender&sr=8-5
I agree BearDog, I have this as well and works perfectly - also works great for the passenger side where the dog sits because she HATES wearing a seatbelt!!

OP
OP
dayusmc

dayusmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation