Second thoughts

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
$3,500 price premium over JLU - So, at invoice, $2.5k over a JLU. If the rumor is true, and order a JT Rubicon from Kent at Petersons Stampede in Nampa, ID., I’m anticipating an identically configuration as my JLR, which I bought for $41,500, (MSRP $49,210) + auto trans, active cruise control, bedliner, trailer brake and painted hardtop to MSRP est. $58k and est. sale price $48k.
I sure hope that's correct. That seems reasonable to me.
Sponsored

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Hasn’t put a dent in my enthusiasm, then again I’ve never planned on ordering my truck on day 1. My plan has always been for this to be my ‘next’, when I’m ready and the $$ is sitting in my bank. If things go well that looks like September, but if it takes until jan/feb next year, I’m cool with that too.

George D.

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon LE, 1969 Corvette, 2002 HD FXDL, 2002 HD VRSCA, 2002 HD XL, 2002 Buell M2, 1999 HD MT500, 1997 HD FLSTS, XL,
It hasn’t made me second guess it, and I’m pretty sure I’ll be getting one, but not at any cost; and it will also be heavily dependent on the test ride, quality of build, etc.

If what I see when I actually, physically inspect one doesn’t live up to the expectations I have, I’ll move on to something else.

I’m sure there are many on this very site that are of the mind that they have to have one come hell or high water. I’m not one of those.

They’re going to have to earn my money through value and quality. If in my opinion either of those two aren’t there, I’ll leave it on the lot for one of the fanboys to buy....
My sentiments exactly!

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I looked at the Raptor too for a bit, but buying into a full sized truck that only tows 8000lbs while having to deal with the extra size of the Raptor doesn't appeal to me as much as the Gladiator.

Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
anyone else starting to second guess their plans to purchase a gladiator? When it was initially revealed I was all in. But all this time waiting to open the order banks and provide pricing has kinda given time to get away and think that really this is an impulse buy.

Right now we don’t need a new vehicle, I just want one. Realizing that may delay our purchasing for a few years and invest in other priorities. I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat and if Jeep’s poor planning will lead others away from impulse buying a Gladiator.
I'm on a lease, so in a couple of years I'll HAVE to do something. If the Gladiator is priced way into the stratosphere, it may be much wiser to go with a Ram 1500.

Then again, Ford's announcement that they are bringing back an old school, big block, push rod, port injection V8 is really enticing too. The F-250 might end up on my list.

dano0726

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep JK Wrangler Sport
Vehicle Showcase
StarrsRN -- I'm in the same boat it seems...I will switch over to a Raptor SuperCab (stripped, not equipped) if the JT is priced too high.

starrsRN

First Name
Galen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Occupation
ADON RN
StarrsRN -- I'm in the same boat it seems...I will switch over to a Raptor SuperCab (stripped, not equipped) if the JT is priced too high.
I had a supercrew raptor back in 17. Loved it but it was a beast. The supercab is the one I should have got, and if I had I would still have it more than likely. Stripped and not equipped is the way to go with these for sure. I want the gladiator to come in under 45k for sure. The point is the raptor comes with a nice suspension and 35s already done. The gladiator I’m going to have to modify to my liking...because I know how I am haha. It’s all about the starting price. Jeep if your reading this do your job and price it nicely ;) haha

koala

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
anyone else starting to second guess their plans to purchase a gladiator? When it was initially revealed I was all in. But all this time waiting to open the order banks and provide pricing has kinda given time to get away and think that really this is an impulse buy.

Right now we don’t need a new vehicle, I just want one. Realizing that may delay our purchasing for a few years and invest in other priorities. I wonder if anyone else is in the same boat and if Jeep’s poor planning will lead others away from impulse buying a Gladiator.

If rumors are true that this will come in at $3000 - $3500 over the cost of a JL I am out. Have to use that pickup bed an awful lot to make it worth that much more. I'll be looking at a JL instead. To pay the same for the Gladiator as a full size truck just to be able to take the doors and top off? And yes, offroad. Thats just nuts - how often would I actually do that anyway, not often enough.

Sponsored

Slojo

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK Unlimited X, 2011 Grand Cherokee, 2016 Colorado Z 71
I read an article where pricing was discussed awhile back. It was characterized by Jeep executives as a niche vehicle. So yes I would expected $3500 over JL is a reasonable assumption. A sport model with any options is going to easily be in the 40s. Rubicon and Overland will easily be in the mid 50s and I would expect fully optioned ones in the $60s.

Fcmalie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2021 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
If rumors are true that this will come in at $3000 - $3500 over the cost of a JL I am out. Have to use that pickup bed an awful lot to make it worth that much more. I'll be looking at a JL instead. To pay the same for the Gladiator as a full size truck just to be able to take the doors and top off? And yes, offroad. Thats just nuts - how often would I actually do that anyway, not often enough.
If it's anything like my wife's JLU we take the doors off late spring once the rain stops and don't put them back on until almost through September.

CaliJK

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Gotta throw a flag. Your dealer doesn’t have a diesel JL.

upload_2019-2-11_6-23-4.jpeg
Well, the other night I looked up their site, and they had a red one, but low and behold it's no longer there, so I take back that they had a diesel.