Sponsored

Selec trac full time 4wd system (order code DPH) is the only transfer case?

CC2

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport s Max tow
Vehicle Showcase
Is this only the transfer case? Do I understand that it will shift in and out of 4H? can anyone confirm whether it detracts from off road road capabilities with 4low? I ordered it on a sport s with max tow
thx
Sponsored

DAVECS1

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Wow! I would really like to know more about this. I have been doing research, and I think that MP3022 transfer case is plug and play. Just hate to drop 1800 dollars and find out it isn't.

ArloGuthroJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTRD
Is this only the transfer case? Do I understand that it will shift in and out of 4H? can anyone confirm whether it detracts from off road road capabilities with 4low? I ordered it on a sport s with max tow
thx
It doesn't shift in and out of 4-low, but it treats the transfer case as basically an open differential. It'll allow power to be applied to both the front and rear driveshafts when in 4-High FullTime. In other words, it'll allow the front and read driveshafts to spin at different speeds.

As opposed to 4-High PartTime where it'll treat the transfer case as a locked differential. In this mode the front and rear driveshafts are locked to spin at the same speed (and thus why it is hard on the drivetrain & tires to drive on non-slick pavement).

So it doesn't detract from offroad capabilities because you'll shift into 4-High PartTIme (or Low) for wheeling and only 4-High FullTIme for pavement.

I have the NP242 (The Selec-Trac transfercase) in my WJ and love it - I drive exclusively in 4wd FullTime.

Texops

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, sold, 2023 Rubicon Gladiator
Occupation
Retirement Refinery Operator
Vehicle Showcase
With this option would it do away with FAD ?

Sponsored

Orange01z28

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S

ArloGuthroJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTRD

Suszynch

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt rubicon diesel
Occupation
Chef
Just looks like any other add-on option, if you select the diesel engine and try to add it, it will remove the diesel from your build. The standard transfer case still seems to be the default.

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Just looks like any other add-on option, if you select the diesel engine and try to add it, it will remove the diesel from your build. The standard transfer case still seems to be the default.
This is the case with my diesel, it was not an option available for my build 21 my. I checked at the dealer yesterday and the selec-Trac is still not available for the diesel Overland. Mine is a manual transfer case and I have no issues with it driving in Canadian winters.
Sponsored