Sponsored

Should I wait for the 2022 gladiator?

AlphaCluster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
So I just gave in and ordered one last month. I was waiting for the new Uconnect as well but realized that if the Wrangler hasn’t been updated yet we are two years out probably. Wranglers seems to get things 1 model year before. Also if you want Snazberry like others have mentioned if you don’t buy it now your going to miss out cause that’s one of this model years colors not a standard color.
Sponsored

BAT

First Name
Blaine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport S Max Tow Sting Grey
You run the risk of prices getting higher but if you have the cash and can hold out I would wait and see if you have waited this long

cleatus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Occupation
computer fixie guy
the ONLY reason i would do it was to say i had a 22 instead of 21.
looks better on paper if you sell it anytime soon

Jglad15

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
They do sell and aftermarket plug in for your usb in the center console that will make it wireless CarPlay. I’m sure there’s a couple videos on it too and the good ones run for $100 or so I think
Yeah I saw that on youtube, I just figured if its gonna be available soon, I would rather it just be incorporated into the truck. Just my opinion though, not the end of the world if its not.

MoDean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT, 2017 JK
Yeah I saw that on youtube, I just figured if its gonna be available soon, I would rather it just be incorporated into the truck. Just my opinion though, not the end of the world if its not.
Unfortunately we don't know if the UConnect 5 radios will be rolled out across the line for '22. I have one of the usb dongles, and it works well.

Sponsored

869 KPH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Hot Dog Vendor
So I just gave in and ordered one last month. I was waiting for the new Uconnect as well but realized that if the Wrangler hasn’t been updated yet we are two years out probably. Wranglers seems to get things 1 model year before.
Yeah I'm hoping the JT hasn't been out long enough to establish that as a pattern yet. Are you saying we already know what the 2022 JL interior looks like?

NinaFox317

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Max Tow
Occupation
Business Consultant
I've been holding out in hopes of the new Uconnect as well. It's starting to look real Fall-ish.

GATOR_DAN

First Name
DAN DEL ROSARIO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RETIRED
I was thinking of buying one last year in Gator color, I didn't purchase it last year but got one this year. I really wanted the Gator color, but this year I purchased the Sting Grey another color i like. If you really want Snazzberry I'd say go for it, it may not be around next year.

OP
OP
Pattar

Pattar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD, 1995 Ram 2500 diesel
I would grab the one you want now because of your color choice. I’m a first time Jeep owner and was watching and waiting and emailing dealers and never quite found the right deal and then I found out Gobi was cancelled and it forced my hand to make a move. I’d say I lost a bit of leverage but I got what I wanted with no regrets. Supply was really low at the end of the month last August too so I was lucky to get the truck I wanted with the options I wanted. Conditions might be different in the market now then when I bought but there are definitely still supply chain issues going on and used car values are through the roof. If you want snazzle dazzle I’d jump on it.
good luck and keep us posted
I think I’m going to go with the 2021 when I finally get it after ordering from either a pa, nj, or va dealer (whichever gives me the best price) I’ll post a couple pics

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Couple thoughts...

1) Have you seen Snazzberry in person? Interesting I just saw one this morning and it reminded me that I think it looks better in pictures than in person. I know a few others have said the same thing on this board, so make sure you see it in person. Maybe you have already and like it. All good.

2) We just purchased my wife a 2021 Acura RDX and the chip shortage has really affected Acura supply. I know it's affected the entire industry, so keep that in mind regarding purchase price and availability.

3) The chip shortage may also affect "when" the 2022s start rolling into dealerships. You may have to wait longer than you normally would for a 2022. Keep that in mind.

Sponsored

MPMB

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR - SG
Occupation
Check your inbox.
Wait until the '22s hit, then get the '21 hopefully at a discount. There's still going to be a premium because of the COVID-affected supply chain.

Toyota is probably kicking themselves because they got 400,000 Venzas sitting on the lot and a backlog of Tacoma orders.

I think mfg's will keep supply low to command the higher prices for the short term. In a few years things might be back to normal, but the tide will have risen.

OP
OP
Pattar

Pattar

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator JTRD, 1995 Ram 2500 diesel
Couple thoughts...

1) Have you seen Snazzberry in person? Interesting I just saw one this morning and it reminded me that I think it looks better in pictures than in person. I know a few others have said the same thing on this board, so make sure you see it in person. Maybe you have already and like it. All good.

2) We just purchased my wife a 2021 Acura RDX and the chip shortage has really affected Acura supply. I know it's affected the entire industry, so keep that in mind regarding purchase price and availability.

3) The chip shortage may also affect "when" the 2022s start rolling into dealerships. You may have to wait longer than you normally would for a 2022. Keep that in mind.
So to answer your first question yes I have I checked it out during the day as well as at night. Initially I was between hydro blue and snazzle but I decided to go with the snazzle especially since I’m putting bronze rims on it, I think it will look really nice.

Also I am aware of the chip shortage as I was told by the dealer that they recommended me not to order the Jeep with the safety package (which I didn’t really want). I still find it weird that I’ve been seeing new list added that have that package equipped tho.

twbranch

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Metrologist
I am just going to say this. It seems dealers (at least in my area) are trying to sell old inventory. I got my JT pretty cheap and they gave me a good price on my 13 year old wrangler. You may get a JT at a good price. It's worth a look anyway.

ScottBeach

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator sport s
Occupation
Engineer
the ONLY reason i would do it was to say i had a 22 instead of 21.
looks better on paper if you sell it anytime soon
In reverse if you never plan to sell the oldest model year looks better on paper. You kept it a year longer. :) 😀 i wont replace a car till its at least 8 model years old. So. 2021 would mean an upgrade in 2029. I know this makes no sense. Dont argue with the the clowns running the show in my head

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
If you are the guy at bat, there's a right time and a wrong time to swing.
If you are looking to buy/trade, it's not as clear. Too many "what-ifs".
"I hear xxxx there will be a V8" is just total speculation- even insiders in Jeep can't tell you if or when in most cases. Come October 2020 the WK2 platform was dead, if you wanted a WK2 2021, sorry - oh, but the new platform was delayed so those wanting it had to wait - oh, and now there's a chip shortage......
Should I get into xx stock now or wait? There will always be opinions on that, as many as there are people, but only you can decide if you should buy now or wait.
What if you wait for a feature and they decide to delete the color you want? What if product shortages cause the price to jump and the market suddenly tanks on used vehicles?
What if, what if, what if.......... that's all it is.
There's no inside information here. No one knows.
Who'd have thunk that things would have gone the way they did and now people who talked to people about having a home built thinking things would be soft, etc. would now be hearing "sorry, can't do it, your home will now cost you 36-40K MORE than we talked about". The couple saying "hey, we can do this in 2021" is now saying - oops, guess we stay put.

What if the powers that be decide they need to give a certain sector a kick in the pants, or they decide that inflation is coming and make certain changes.
What if so many people take advantage of trade prices that the demand for new skyrockets and used cars end up depressed on the lots as there are so many.
Trade wars, shooting wars, the economy, Jeep deciding that a certain color is sitting on the lot and they drop it.........

Decide what's most important, what's even critical, go by facts and not "I heard this engine is coming" because it may not..............(for all we know the new/current EPA may jump some new CAFE numbers into play - can anyone say for a fact they won't?)
The 'color of the day' is "green" (catch my drift?)...... and it will impact everything no matter what individuals think or like for at least the next 3 or 4 years, maybe 7 or 8 years......
The success or lack of success of the new hybrid Jeeps may have an impact. Bronco may have an impact on Jeep's current plans. Musk may decide he wants to build electric off-road vehicles and buys Jeep (the whole company LOL)
I can look back now and thing - gee, I should have waited - I'd have the other transfer case......... but did anyone say with absolute certainty here that it WAS coming and a DATE it was coming? Not that I know of.

I let experts in the market manage my investments, I don't like the speculation game. I buy what I want when I want, not based on speculation or "maybe's".
I've seen too many people's crystal balls fail them.
Even here - look at those wishing their favorite color was still available. I see posts like that every week.
Sponsored

Last edited: