Sponsored

Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board.

PeterGriffin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
(re)tired...!
Another vote for Rock Slide Engineering! I do NOT have them for my Mojave yet but I did have them on my JKUR and they were, hands down, the absolute best mod for the money. They're expensive, but not for what you get. I'm pretty banged up from a number of orthopedic trauma surgeries and they made getting in and out my Jeep infinitely easier...

I will be getting them for my Mojave shortly...I just had a financial "detour" via a new Challenger Hellcat...!

1JeepFamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Jeep Gladiator Mojave
I like these a lot but I've been concerned by any of these split designs that the center split would cause a hang-up spot. What I mean is, when sliding across a rock, the split would cause a spot to get stuck as opposed to a seamless path. But this is all just theoretical in my head, any real-world experience with this?
I'm not a very brave man, so I've only run it at-speed on soft roads. When I'm flooring it like that, the most action the sliders see is when I make a hairpin turn at 35-45 MPH—and then it acts like a bumpstop b/t my doors and the high shoulder to pivot the backend of the rig into a fishtail around the bend.

The few times I've off-roaded or rock crawled with it, I've never been at such a severe angle (or had a high obstacle that close) that the center split got caught.

Bonanza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport S Max Tow Punk'n
RockHard angled up.

I've absolutely punished these offroad. Full vehicle weight drops... Absolutely perfect, and I would recommend them to anyone. Like a previous poster, I bedlined the top for extra grip.

Sponsored

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
I have the ACE sliders, they are good because the truck came with the Rubicon sliders and these sit just below to take most of the hit. They allow my wife easy step up, but Im 6'1" and as a step they put me up too high and I cant swing in without hitting my head....

John in the Woods

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Semi-retired noisemaker
Some great options here. I didn't see the ARBs, so I added some pic. So far, rock solid and take a good beating. Also make a great step.
Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. IMG_1847

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. IMG_2301

2terpsjeep

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JK Sahara & 2021 JT Mojave
Here’s a vote for Ace Engineering sliders. The Mojave comes with the Rubi rails, these attach to the body mounts and come out and up, around the rails. That was a big motivator for me - I didn’t have to remove the rails. I wanted to keep the pinch weld hidden. Great sliders, and my wife and kids can attest they’re great as a step as well!

5461D496-E904-4EB4-A968-D8305F35D22A.jpeg

C55C6843-919D-4F62-8B72-FF7AAE458F3B.jpeg

Stoney

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Another vote for Rock Slide Engineering! I do NOT have them for my Mojave yet but I did have them on my JKUR and they were, hands down, the absolute best mod for the money. They're expensive, but not for what you get. I'm pretty banged up from a number of orthopedic trauma surgeries and they made getting in and out my Jeep infinitely easier...

I will be getting them for my Mojave shortly...I just had a financial "detour" via a new Challenger Hellcat...!
I just installed a set from Rock Slide 2 weeks ago, but haven’t hit the trails since. Seriously heavy steps, I doubt I’ll ever need the additional armor they sell. My wife is 5’ tall and not very mobile, and absolutely loves these! For those of you who bought Rock Hard steps, they are an absolutely stand-up outfit. I’ve dealt with them in the past, and just met with Chad at Off-Road Expo last weekend; great guy. Also met with Tanner at Rock Slide Engineering, another good one. Probably going with Rock Hard’s skid plate system before too long.

Sponsored

Escape.idiocracy

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jt
Occupation
Hitchhiker
I’m just curious- seeing quite a few guys voting for rock slide engineering…. I have known several people in the jk community that pivoted on these and used them on the rocks and they were pretty jacked up… to the point that the steps would no longer open…

Has anyone with these actually used theirs out on the rocks and can attest to them holding up to the weight of the vehicle and pivoting/sliding??

The idea is great. I’m just concerned opinions of daily driving are being posted vs on the rocks wear and tear…
Not looking to argue. Just asking a straight up question 🤷🏽‍♂️🍺

OffAxis2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
25th. Anniversary Ducati Monster 1200 #188/500
Occupation
Company car hauling truck driver 26 years 2024.
White Knuckle Offroad

Frame mounted. Full top plates. Available for with or without Rubicon rails, but without does not hide the pinch seam and additional clearance is slight.

I like them with said rails, for foot kick protection.

Line-X’d, due to Michigan weather and a lack of intended purpose use beyond steps and/or… boulders. Hah!

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 637A7C67-4CA5-4005-AB71-208AC16FBCC0

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. EAAE7F22-39DB-4719-9663-FD561328FD38

Jeep Gladiator Show me pictures of rocksliders that works as a running board. 09F50586-F1CA-4ABB-A98E-63BB53EA670A

Last edited:

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Occupation
Professional
Anyone running Shrockworks or Rocky Road sliders? Ace Engineering looks good and so does RH 4x4.

ttn333

First Name
Tuan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Took a couple of pics of my RH4x4 angle up while I was replacing my rack with a canopy this weekend.

20221016_122116.jpg

20221016_122055.jpg

20221016_172005.jpg