OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Wow loving the Motobilt stuff

Can't decide between the Hammer which will put the winch on top and has factory fogs

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate 1597411676024

Or the Crusher which drops the fogs and would be a much cleaner winch install

Jeep Gladiator Show me stubby bumpers options with skid plate 1597411763625

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S w/ Max Tow
Vehicle Showcase
There are so many good stubby bumpers its crazy..

If I had it to do over again its the motobilt crusher I would of gotten. I am tunning their skid plates & I must say there quality is fantastic. The only downside is that they come unfinished so once you get them its off to the powdercoater you go. Or you can rattlecan like above, but powdercoating doesnt cost much more then a good rattle can job & its way less labor.

Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
There are so many good stubby bumpers its crazy..

If I had it to do over again its the motobilt crusher I would of gotten. I am tunning their skid plates & I must say there quality is fantastic. The only downside is that they come unfinished so once you get them its off to the powdercoater you go. Or you can rattlecan like above, but powdercoating doesnt cost much more then a good rattle can job & its way less labor.
So why Crusher over Hammer? The winch location?

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So why Crusher over Hammer? The winch location?
Yes precisely. Lower center of gravity. You can always put a couple of cubelights on top to make up for the fog's, but you cant do anything to lower that center of gravity & clear up the space infront of the radiator if your winch is on top.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Damn they want like $300+ to powder coat the bumper here. That's a serious dent in Motobilt.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Damn they want like $300+ to powder coat the bumper here. That's a serious dent in Motobilt.
So when I had my skidplates done I called around & the place I found the cheapest it was basically I wait until they are doing a batch of what I want.. When you take the setup fee out its much cheaper.. I only paid 200 for the full belly skid

Sponsored

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
So when I had my skidplates done I called around & the place I found the cheapest it was basically I wait until they are doing a batch of what I want.. When you take the setup fee out its much cheaper.. I only paid 200 for the full belly skid
Yeah but even then you're still $900-$1,000 into a bumper alone. It's just not worth that to me.

Demo_slug

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator 2020
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah but even then you're still $900-$1,000 into a bumper alone. It's just not worth that to me.
If you pick n choose your bumper, rock rails, rear bumper, etc.... they don’t all match. You’ll want to get everything painted to match. If you don’t care, rattle can it.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
If you pick n choose your bumper, rock rails, rear bumper, etc.... they don’t all match. You’ll want to get everything painted to match. If you don’t care, rattle can it.
Oh it isn't that, matching wise, nice to have but not necessary. But a rattle can is gonna look like a hot mess. I'm not gonna drop $700 on a bumper to make it look like shit when there's other out there that won't look like a child's art project.

bastage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Oh it isn't that, matching wise, nice to have but not necessary. But a rattle can is gonna look like a hot mess. I'm not gonna drop $700 on a bumper to make it look like shit when there's other out there that won't look like a child's art project.
Spend a little extra time priming & spend a little extra on the mopar paint & color match it to your truck...

Also if I remember right what @Demo_slug has above is rattle canned.. The finish isnt as durable as powdercoat, but it has the advantage of being easily repairable when you do scratch it.

OP
OP
j.o.y.ride

j.o.y.ride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gladiator Overland
Spend a little extra time priming & spend a little extra on the mopar paint & color match it to your truck...

Also if I remember right what @Demo_slug has above is rattle canned.. The finish isnt as durable as powdercoat, but it has the advantage of being easily repairable when you do scratch it.
I have 0 experience with that and I'm not gonna experiment on a bumper. It can be painted, doesn't need to be powder coated. And black is black. Not gonna body match.
Sponsored