First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
As I continue to order parts for my as yet unbuilt JTR EcoDiesel, I am discovering a lot of parts for the underside are now specifically saying they are not for the diesel (as in the case of AMP steps/rock sliders) or are simply saying they are for the 3.6 gasser, like the Motobilt, Rockhard and Metalcloak skid plate systems. I think there is a fuel filter that may be tucked in somewhere underneath that is going to cause problems with armor, but I don't know what else. I know we will figure out more when we see the JT EcoDiesels in real life, but does anybody have any intel on the subject or know of vendor(s) who have committed to making skid plates and sliders for the diesel? With the long wheelbase, it seems that a slick set of skid plates is going to be very important on the JT.
Sponsored

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Nobody is working on diesel specific JT gear yes as no one has their hands on one. It’ll be a while before that changes

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
Let's hope as you can afford the diminished payload that's already significantly lower than the 3.6 JTR since the skids, bumpers, winch, larger spare tire, etc. adds up quick.

Just-Me

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Eco, 14 JK Rubi, 18 Ducati Multistrada, 19 Yukon
Occupation
Nuclear
I have talked in depth with some manufacturers.
The diesel under belly is dramatically different. Gas tank is moved back and smaller, DEF tank is added.
I know the rear coil-over systems won't work with the diesel as of yet.
I would stop buying certain parts until vendors adapt their parts.

riggsdr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD
Let's hope as you can afford the diminished payload that's already significantly lower than the 3.6 JTR since the skids, bumpers, winch, larger spare tire, etc. adds up quick.
What @2Jeeps&PatriotX1 thinks the ecoDiesel payload capacity looks like with a winch, 2 dogs, a cooler, 12-pack of beers, and bag of ice in the bed...
:CWL:
Jeep Gladiator Skid Plate/Slider Issues with the EcoDiesel EnchantingImpishAntipodesgreenparakeet-max-1mb

Just giving you a hard time, man!

Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 LJ 4.0 turbo, 18 GC Trailhawk 3.6, 17 F150 Screw 3.5EB
What @2Jeeps&PatriotX1 thinks the ecoDiesel payload capacity looks like with a winch, 2 dogs, a cooler, 12-pack of beers, and bag of ice in the bed...
:CWL:
Jeep Gladiator Skid Plate/Slider Issues with the EcoDiesel EnchantingImpishAntipodesgreenparakeet-max-1mb

Just giving you a hard time, man!
Listen, I get it. But when you have a wife pressing to start a family and I have a fully capable truck right now with a huge cab and no concerns towing, I do have to take payload into account bc I know with a kid brings more gear to bring with us. Im looking at moving down from my truck and getting rid of my LJ that I don't drive to consolidate.

Orginally I wanted to put a bed rack and gear on the rack but thats definitely out of the question if Im towing with 400lbs tongue weight.

Someone in CA needs to take delivery of their JT diesel and take it to the aftermarket companies to so they can start working on prototypes for the diesel.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow
Wouldn’t be surprised if many manufacturers don’t bother making parts for the diesel, the percent of diesel owners and then diesel owners that modify the JT may be too small to make it worth the effort.

Just-Me

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Rubi Eco, 14 JK Rubi, 18 Ducati Multistrada, 19 Yukon
Occupation
Nuclear
Wouldn’t be surprised if many manufacturers don’t bother making parts for the diesel, the percent of diesel owners and then diesel owners that modify the JT may be too small to make it worth the effort.

Hey don't rain on my parade...

OP
OP
WMWHV

WMWHV

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel, 1947 Willys CJ2A
Build Thread
Link
I have always wanted to learn to weld. Maybe I will have to. However, I think most manufacturers will want to see their products on the best of the best and will make skid plates for the EcoDiesel.

Sponsored

Gladman

First Name
Alistair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Overland High Altitude Diesel
Occupation
Retired
As I continue to order parts for my as yet unbuilt JTR EcoDiesel, I am discovering a lot of parts for the underside are now specifically saying they are not for the diesel (as in the case of AMP steps/rock sliders) or are simply saying they are for the 3.6 gasser, like the Motobilt, Rockhard and Metalcloak skid plate systems. I think there is a fuel filter that may be tucked in somewhere underneath that is going to cause problems with armor, but I don't know what else. I know we will figure out more when we see the JT EcoDiesels in real life, but does anybody have any intel on the subject or know of vendor(s) who have committed to making skid plates and sliders for the diesel? With the long wheelbase, it seems that a slick set of skid plates is going to be very important on the JT.
The reason for the manufacturers indicating their product for gas only is the diesel DEF tank and feed lines, retract pump, etc, that are installed close to the frame so the mounting brackets won’t fit.
I ran into this issue with my 2016Ram 1500. Eventually found some compatible running boards but they were body mount only - not ideal but I had no plans to thrash that truck off-road.

Impish123

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Patriot Blue LJ, 21 Sarge Green JTR EcoDiesel
Just to put a bit of an update... I have heard from three separate manufacturer's that they are planning on releasing full skids:
Rock Hard:
Yes. We're working now to get a JT diesel in the shop so we can begin R&D on them. Be sure to stay tuned.
Motobilt:
This has been on our radar. Please make sure to stay up to date on our website and social media account for new products.
Artec Industries:
Thanks for reaching out! We are currently working on them and hope to have them released in the next 3 months. Thanks!!

Zachwfb3

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon EcoDiesel
Just to put a bit of an update... I have heard from three separate manufacturer's that they are planning on releasing full skids:
Rock Hard:
Yes. We're working now to get a JT diesel in the shop so we can begin R&D on them. Be sure to stay tuned.
Motobilt:
This has been on our radar. Please make sure to stay up to date on our website and social media account for new products.
Artec Industries:
Thanks for reaching out! We are currently working on them and hope to have them released in the next 3 months. Thanks!!
I have the eco diesel rubicon gladiator and very interested in skid plates. The oil pan one from evo is exactly what I need. There is a very strange cord that hangs down and I have already snapped itfrom very little off roading. Would like to get it replaced but jeep doesn’t know what part it is.....very frustrating to buy a 70k car and not have this stuff figured out.

E0926094-1A7B-4AA9-9BAC-7F245EA4395B.png

Davekayc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 diesel
Occupation
Roadbuilder
I was most weirded out by the exhaust being on the other side out back.
Sponsored