Sponsored

Slight pull to the right...can't figure it out.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
JustNJeeps

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S GC, 1974 Chevy C10, 1998 GMC 2500
Vehicle Showcase

T8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I have to keep a little "pressure" on the steering wheel to the left to keep the JT going straight down the road. Here's what I've done, Mopar lift, 1' spacer, JKS Adjustable track bar, Synergy brace, Fox Stabilizer, BFG 37s. The truck sits perfectly centered & I've had 2 alignments done on quality Hunter machines & both print outs show the alignment is spot on. We do A LOT of lifts at my shop and never had this issue before. Any suggestions would be appreciated...I'm stumped.
Same issue here. Did you ever find a resolution?
Clayton Offroad 2.5 Overland Plus
2.0 Fox Shocks and the Fox Stabilizer (model IFP98524173)
After alignment the truck still pulls right. although, the ending caster on the report was Left side was at 4.3 degrees and Right was 4.1.
The installer said he measured the control arms with a micrometer, I'm at a loss.
The ride is great, the pull to the right is annoying.

LaterGator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Gladiator
It's the steering box as stated above. Replace it under warranty as stated in the TSB.

danielspivey

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 MAX TOW MAX TOW MAX TOW, 4.10s w 1583 payload
I got the TSB done and definitely improved things. I wouldn’t say drastically, but things are noticeably better.

In regards to drifting to the right, I thought mine had this issue too, but it really ended up being the crown in the road. It’s even like this on most highways ... sloping to the right, to drain the water. On a straight section that is extremely flat near my house, I drove a good bit on the other side of the road... it drifted left.

Another thing that made me realize my steering was fine was my Honda Accord does the same thing.... slight drift. It’s just less noticeable because the steering is tighter.

Sponsored

T8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Systems Engineer
It's the steering box as stated above. Replace it under warranty as stated in the TSB.
I had the TSB completed before the lift. I didnt want to to hear it from the dealer. Last night I put my stock stabilizer back on. Still pulls to the right... Not a drift as you'd expect, its a lane change as before. So I can rule out the stabilizer.
so the only other things:
1. I haven't addressed would be the caster. The lift instructions say to have it between 4.5 and 5.5 degrees of caster.
2. Radial Pull from the tires. I am going to swap the left to the right and see if the issue goes away or if the vehicle starts to pull left.
If that doesnt produce results, I guess I will move the backs to the front.
hopefully if its radial pull its just one tire... I purchased them online so its not like I can return them to a tire shop...

DocMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S, 2001 Audi TT Roadster, 1930 Model A Hot Rod, 1973 VW Square Back
Occupation
Education
Sounds like the TSB for the steering box. Mine has this issue and I am getting the new box.

OP
OP
JustNJeeps

JustNJeeps

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S GC, 1974 Chevy C10, 1998 GMC 2500
Vehicle Showcase
Same issue here. Did you ever find a resolution?
Clayton Offroad 2.5 Overland Plus
2.0 Fox Shocks and the Fox Stabilizer (model IFP98524173)
After alignment the truck still pulls right. although, the ending caster on the report was Left side was at 4.3 degrees and Right was 4.1.
The installer said he measured the control arms with a micrometer, I'm at a loss.
The ride is great, the pull to the right is annoying.
It’s the Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. You need the Fox T/S (through steer) Stabilizer. I put the stock stabilizer on and the truck drove perfectly straight but if I hit a bump I got death wobble‍♂. The T/S stabilizer is on backorder right now from what I understand

T8T

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Occupation
Systems Engineer
It’s the Fox 2.0 steering stabilizer. You need the Fox T/S (through steer) Stabilizer. I put the stock stabilizer on and the truck drove perfectly straight but if I hit a bump I got death wobble‍♂. The T/S stabilizer is on backorder right now from what I understand
I took the fox stabilizer off and put the stock one back on, it still pulls right. I wish it were this simple.
I'm afraid its either caster related or its radial pull. a simple test for me by myself is to swap tires from left to right or front to back. I'll report back my findings.

77badriand

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2017 Jeep JK
Maybe i missed the most simple but have you measured your axle in front, fender to outside tire on both sides make sure your track bar is adjusted right? Maybe off more to one side pulling you that direction.

edit...nvm that was mentioned in first post
Sponsored