First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
I just for my 2020 Sport S with MT back from getting both passenger side cams, followers and lash adjustors. It's smooth and quiet now but I'm having 2nd thoughts on the reliability. Could the new parts go another 60k miles? Who knows.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
The dealership said they have to take the engine apart.
My list of complaints was far longer than what I wrote. Visor arm broke, apple car play makes the screen glitch, when i unlock the driver side door by holding the key fob and pulling on the door handle and then push the unlock button on the drivers door, the other locks sound like they unlock but they do not unlock. Sirius xm favorites do not work. Yes, it seems trivial but I paid a lot of money for this vehicle, more than I have ever paid. I wanted a jeep+truck years before it was even an option. I have never had so many problems with a vehicle, new or used. It makes me not trust this brand anymore.

so say I stick it out. What’s to say another cam won’t go out next month? Seems to be an issue with this engine.
Sell it, you are never going to be happy regardless. You are wanting guarantees about the future that cannot be promised with any certainty.

The whole I paid a lot of money and expect quality does not play out on this vehicle. You just bought more options and more things to break.

You are not special or alone in this regard. Either find some peace that this will take a bit to get fixed or just cut your loses and find another platform that will have it's own warts to deal with.

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From what I understand Jeep dealers choose their own loaner policies so some don't have any, some only loan if you bought it at that location, etc.
Correct. More service oriented brands actually require dealers to put new cars into service as a loaner. Most also financially incent the dealer to do so.

I don't use the word "luxury" because many of the products sold by these brands (Volvo, Hyundai, Kia, Lexus, etc) cost less than our Gladiators. Some times much less.

rmnpjunky

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR 392
Just had my engine destroyed from poor camshaft design - 40k miles and It is good for the dump...
Jeep Gladiator So many issues with 2020 Gladiator IMG_0015

FLGladiator

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seadoo
Make sure the what you paid is actually what you paid at the bottom line of your sales invoice. A lot of people just talk the agreed upon price and you'll be paying those taxes and fees all over again.
Yes and she/he is in Florida so almost 3k taxes alone. Usually the dealers that have them on the hot lists are terrible to buy from so its likely there will be no decent trades.

Sponsored

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
Had a list of seemingly trivial issues so I scheduled service and dropped it off yesterday. Talked to the service dept today, they said there’s something wrong with a cam in the engine and they have to take the entire engine apart to diagnose and fix it. The thing is 2 years old and I have had the dealership maintain it perfectly. I’m irritated, but now I’m also without a vehicle, and the dealership does not do loaners. Can I call Jeep and get them to give me a loaner? I have no idea how long it will take to repair, but at least another 4-5 days. It’s on the dealership’s hot list and they’ll give me $44k for it (paid $43k). Is it worth keeping? Should I trust this vehicle any longer?
Trade it in and get a new one with zero miles and brand new warranty. This bubble will not last, take advantage of it!

Akgladiator

Banned
Banned
First Name
Ak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Gladiator Wrangler Camaro Mustang GXP Taurus
Occupation
Bee
I own it outright. Don’t really want a car payment now though. Do you think it will be as good as new when it’s fixed and worth keeping?
All my vehicles once got engine work done, i sold them right away. I did found wiring harness got crimped after the dealers complexes completed the repair. Never felt the same as factory specs.

Jeeperjamie

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep gladiator
Occupation
Weyerhaeuser
Vehicle Showcase
Get rid of it if you don't like it and can make money on it. Mines 2-1/2 yrs old with no major issues so far.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired Military
Had a list of seemingly trivial issues so I scheduled service and dropped it off yesterday. Talked to the service dept today, they said there’s something wrong with a cam in the engine and they have to take the entire engine apart to diagnose and fix it. The thing is 2 years old and I have had the dealership maintain it perfectly. I’m irritated, but now I’m also without a vehicle, and the dealership does not do loaners. Can I call Jeep and get them to give me a loaner? I have no idea how long it will take to repair, but at least another 4-5 days. It’s on the dealership’s hot list and they’ll give me $44k for it (paid $43k). Is it worth keeping? Should I trust this vehicle any longer?
Insurance should cover a rental if you have the coverage.

Sponsored

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
Are people still buying below invoice? I got an amazing deal when I bought it, but I've seen people pay over MSRP just to get into hybrids lately (not sure about gas only?).
Contact Gupton @ (615) 380-7226 and ask... I believe they still have some of the best deals in the country on a new "ordered" vehicle, not sure about off the lot though.

SargeDiesel

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Military
My list of complaints was far longer than what I wrote. Visor arm broke, apple car play makes the screen glitch, when i unlock the driver side door by holding the key fob and pulling on the door handle and then push the unlock button on the drivers door, the other locks sound like they unlock but they do not unlock. Sirius xm favorites do not work. Yes, it seems trivial but I paid a lot of money for this vehicle, more than I have ever paid. I wanted a jeep+truck years before it was even an option. I have never had so many problems with a vehicle, new or used. It makes me not trust this brand anymore.

so say I stick it out. What’s to say another cam won’t go out next month? Seems to be an issue with this engine.
Sounds like you've answered your own question.... it seems no matter what, you will never fully "trust" or be happy with it now.... like a new car accident, it just never seems the same after... even if its just in your head.

Higher_Ground

First Name
J. T.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
That sucks, and I know it's frustrating. I am being told over and over "we can't get an ETA on your parts - they are backordered with no date" and it's now been at the dealer 11 weeks (waiting on a frame, not related to any engine problems).

I would say in your situation to contact your insurance company about a rental. I know my policy was for 30 days - of little help in my situation, but plenty of time for them to repair your truck.

Selling it would be very tempting but that also guarantees that you'll be without a truck for at least another month while it's being built.

alyn

First Name
Alyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator,2019 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Retired
Sorry, big hands, little iPhone.

They are vendors

Hey Airman: Thank you. Being in the Military you are considered easy pickings by the Dealers. (See Tony's Nissan in Honolulu). See if you can improve their offer and kick it to the curb.

Oksooner 44

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Occupation
Manager
I had the same issue on my 2020 Sport. The dealership gave me a rental no charge. I had them fix the cam and have no issues since. Mine had 9k on it now I have 17k.
Sponsored