First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C
Occupation
D
So I cut down a tree today and towed it off. Now I have a diesel so I was concerned about it throwing a check engine light, catching on fire and burning too much def fluid. I was over weight, frontal area of the trailer was too much and my tire didn’t have enough load range rating so I avoided the main roads and went back roads to avoid the fuzz. oh the rain would cooperate either but it took it like a champ.

14662DBD-0546-472E-9631-264E29550E3B.jpeg

Rottwheeler

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1974 IH Scout II, 1946 CJ-2A.
I tow a ~2800 lb. Lance 1675 travel trailer with a gas JTR on 37"s. Have not re-geared yet... but it doesn't seem to mind pulling it up steep mountain passes. I will say the weight distribution hitch negates the need for helper springs, airbags, etc. Truck stays nicely level and is stable. I also installed the Mopar trailer brake controller and it works well for this application.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 20211009_115508

Sponsored

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
post that on a RV forum and the tow police will lose their damn minds without even realizing its a joke. lol

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
How does the glady tow the casita? Are you using a WDH and what mileage are you getting? We pick up our casita in Feb.
Here is my towing setup:

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 65160021181__4392CB58-AF40-4EBE-8CFF-0BE90667960A

The most that I tow is around 3200 pounds (GVWR is 3750 pounds), so it really doesn't need a weight distribution hitch (if you want to use one, it will indeed distribute the load better). I am however, this weekend, going to install a set of firestone airbags... It needs a little sag boost both when overlanding and when towing.

It tows very well, the jeep struggles a bit in the mountains but is acceptable. 10mpg in the montains 12 to 13 flat and level.

I use the Mopar brake controller that goes in the 12V auxiliary slot. (For my Casita around 3 seems to work best)

I will grab another pic of the jack, I moved it back about 6 inches so the tailgate will open.

This is the one I used (I modified it slightly): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZT2G7B5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ps. You will love the Casita!!!

Last edited:

Sponsored

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
post that on a RV forum and the tow police will lose their damn minds without even realizing its a joke. lol
I was pulling trailers around on Texas FtM roads when I was 13. I have literally been towing for 50 years, While I am happy too listen to the opinions of the towing police, they are just that, opinions. A surprising number of their opinions are just completely wrong...

Labswine

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2019 GC Ltd
Occupation
Retired
I was pulling trailers around on Texas FtM roads when I was 13. I have literally been towing for 50 years, While I am happy too listen to the opinions of the towing police, they are just that, opinions. A surprising number of their opinions are just completely wrong...
We all know what is said about opinions... Opinions are like assholes. Everybody has one and they all stink. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

jeepers29

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR, GC
Occupation
Domestic engineer
Here is my towing setup:

Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 65160021181__4392CB58-AF40-4EBE-8CFF-0BE90667960A

The most that I tow is around 3200 pounds (GVWR is 3750 pounds), so it really doesn't need a weight distribution hitch (if you want to use one, it will indeed distribute the load better). I am however, this weekend, going to install a set of firestone airbags... It needs a little sag boost both when overlanding and when towing.

It tows very well, the jeep struggles a bit in the mountains but is acceptable. 10mpg in the montains 12 to 13 flat and level.

I use the Mopar brake controller that goes in the 12V auxiliary slot. (For my Casita around 3 seems to work best)

I will grab another pic of the jack, I moved it back about 6 inches so the tailgate will open.

This is the one I used (I modified it slightly): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08ZT2G7B5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ps. You will love the Casita!!!
Thnaks for the reply. We ordered the Anderson WDH/sway control from casita. We are patiently waiting for ours to be ready. We ordered it in March of this year and was told 11 months. I will be installing the redarc or curt bluetooth controller at some point. A lot of our camping is done in the colorado area, so mountain towing but used to it. Thanks again, Joel

KC_H

First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Thnaks for the reply. We ordered the Anderson WDH/sway control from casita. We are patiently waiting for ours to be ready. We ordered it in March of this year and was told 11 months. I will be installing the redarc or curt bluetooth controller at some point. A lot of our camping is done in the colorado area, so mountain towing but used to it. Thanks again, Joel
You will be happy with the Anderson.

djthumper

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JT Sport S Eco Diesel, Jeep Renegade
Occupation
I.T.
Jeep Gladiator So, what is everybody towing? 20211017_161535431_iOS

Right around 2500 LBS in the trailer.