SOFT TOP REAR GLASS INSTALL HELP

capercrew02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep WJ, BMW i3, Red JTR.
I find that the order you install the window matters on how easy it is to install. I slide the window in the top track, then install one sides vertical, then install the other sides vertical, starting with the top corner, and slowly rolling down into the track, then I do the main bottom strip, starting at one corner then rolling it in the groove to the other side, then finally the last two corner bottom tabs. If you do the top, then bottom, then sides there is too much friction to stretch it or position it side to side.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Angler3

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
Rumor has it the warm weather is a week away
i look forward to giving it a shot
i have periodically checked it on the “warm days” , it feels like it’s improving. But then the cold returns . So I haven’t attempted it. But I will !

Indavis01

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland, 2016 Volvo Xc90 Polestar
Occupation
Finder of bad stuff and people.
Vehicle Showcase
Pull the top all the way back and then put it on. My was impossible and it was warm here in Tx. I have a tonneau that sits on the top of the bed and adds an inch, so it was a super pain in the ass the first time. Remember this thing is made by Bestop and having had two of their tops on my other jeeps, they are designed to be tight as a drum when closed, so the whole thing tenses up when the latches are locked and the top is fully forward.

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
^Thats what I do. I live in PA and it's not really "warm" here, yet I've been cruising with the top back or off every chance I get. I always have the top unlatched and pulled back a little before removing and installing the back window, and have had no issues at all. Everything tightens up nicely when the front is latched down, as the last step.

jmeyer

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
Pull the top all the way back and then put it on. My was impossible and it was warm here in Tx. I have a tonneau that sits on the top of the bed and adds an inch, so it was a super pain in the ass the first time. Remember this thing is made by Bestop and having had two of their tops on my other jeeps, they are designed to be tight as a drum when closed, so the whole thing tenses up when the latches are locked and the top is fully forward.
I didn't realize that Bestop made these tops for Jeep. Interesting.

Sponsored

Krazy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 310gs
Mine was a pita the first time, It is no longer a pain after a couple of months , had it out twice with no problems.

RatZer0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JT
Occupation
Manufacturing Stellantis
Pretty much what everyone else has mentioned. Let the top warm up in the sun and take your time. I've found that hosing down an installed top and letting it sit in the sun for a while, hosing it down again and taking it down then putting it back up helps stretch things.

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 6MT - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Digital Marketing
I’ve got the standard top rather than the premium one.
However I’ve never had any trouble if I do the top first then the sides. I do the bottom part last. Sometimes I have to bump it down a little with a hammer fist around the middle.

OP
OP
Angler3

Angler3

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 gladiator
^Thats what I do. I live in PA and it's not really "warm" here, yet I've been cruising with the top back or off every chance I get. I always have the top unlatched and pulled back a little before removing and installing the back window, and have had no issues at all. Everything tightens up nicely when the front is latched down, as the last step.
It worked!
i left the front unlatched and I was able to install rear glass without a problem. It took a little adjusting on the top corners after installing , but the glass went in easy Peasy. Thanks. I can finally enjoy the soft top !!!!
Sponsored