Sponsored

Softopper coming

MarineHawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great, nice looking Jeep! More pics is is always good but was wondering specifically with a soft top. The soft top has a slightly different roof height and angle just wondered how it looked.
Sorry, I misunderstood.
Sponsored

MrKnowitall

First Name
Guenther
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 JKU-R
From the early pics, the supertopper will match great with the soft top. Stinks that they still haven’t given a rough availability date.

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
From the early pics, the supertopper will match great with the soft top. Stinks that they still haven’t given a rough availability date.
Ya I went to the Bestop warehouse sale yesterday. No new info about their topper.

Softopper was also at the event and were great to talk to. They were offering a rare discount on their topper, so will probably order that today.

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
They were offering a rare discount on their topper, so will probably order that today.
Is there a discount code?

BEFORE shipping prices:
@ base top only = $779 (no options)
+ boot and mesh screen = $917
+ boot, screen, tent = $1,117

And shipping (for me) is $45 on a base top only. So almost $1,200 all in.

For some reason I thought the base top was ~$600 + shipping. Was almost certain I’d order one and a Bed Rug as a way to avoid purchasing a roof top tent.

But for a few $100 more ($1,500 total), I can get a low height bed rack and basic RTT. Now a Softtopper doesn't make as much sense.

Is it just me, or does almost $850 seem like a lot of $ for some aluminum poles and canvas material? The core design concept has been around since the 1990s and they just tweak it for every new model truck...

Sponsored

Hurley82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon , BMW F800GS
Is there a discount code?

BEFORE shipping prices:
@ base top only = $779 (no options)
+ boot and mesh screen = $917
+ boot, screen, tent = $1,117

And shipping (for me) is $45 on a base top only. So almost $1,200 all in.

For some reason I thought the base top was ~$600 + shipping. Was almost certain I’d order one and a Bed Rug as a way to avoid purchasing a roof top tent.

But for a few $100 more ($1,500 total), I can get a low height bed rack and basic RTT. Now a Softtopper doesn't make as much sense.

Is it just me, or does almost $850 seem like a lot of $ for some aluminum poles and canvas material? The core design concept has been around since the 1990s and they just tweak it for every new model truck...

I didn’t get a code I put the order in through them. I did ask about deals and the ladies running their booth just said, “ we almost never run deals, we ran a Black Friday special last year and it might be our last, we stay very busy.”
The deal they ran was slightly better than Black Friday. $100 off and free boot cover.

Either way looking at it in person I was impressed. Decent build quality. Most of it is produced in Colorado and well made. I went in to get a tonneau and left purchasing the softopper.

I’ll add... for me the topper serves a completely different purpose. I didn’t think about a rack because I didn’t want a rtt. The topper will keep all my gear dry, somewhat dust free and out of the elements. When I’m solo I can sleep in the bed, diagonally, in some comfort.

CJtoJTR

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Just saw on the softopper Facebook page that they’re offering a 10% discount using code save10. Says it’s good through the end of April.

Mark Doiron

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU X, 1979 Tenth Anniversary Trans Am, 2020 Gobi Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Looks great, nice looking Jeep! More pics is is always good but was wondering specifically with a soft top. The soft top has a slightly different roof height and angle just wondered how it looked.
And I'd like to know which fabric they used. Or does it even match either of the OEM fabrics?

Jeepin Weekend

First Name
Easton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 2 Door Rubicon, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Does anyone have any pictures of a softopper on a gladiator with a soft top? I'm curious to see how it would look since the soft top on gladiators sit up about an inch higher than the hard top. I want one but, I'm afraid the difference in height would mess with my OCD...

Sponsored

Stoney126

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 7.3 superduty4x4/ 17 blacktop rt charger/2020 gobi maxtow gladiator
I ordered one last sunday using the deal and got it Thursday and installed today. I dig it, though I think the front window needs some adjustment. I still need to apply either the front velcro or snaps and rear velcro. It does look a bit off to me especially in the back but I'll wait till its fully pit together and stretched to not pick

20200412_174544.jpg

20200412_174559.jpg

20200412_174608.jpg

Stoney126

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 7.3 superduty4x4/ 17 blacktop rt charger/2020 gobi maxtow gladiator
Did you guys need to adjust the center pin at all? My snaps seem to be a little on the snug side. They attach but does take some doing

ArkansasPig

First Name
Daddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport 6MT - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Digital Marketing
Does anyone have any pictures of a softopper on a gladiator with a soft top? I'm curious to see how it would look since the soft top on gladiators sit up about an inch higher than the hard top. I want one but, I'm afraid the difference in height would mess with my OCD...
I’m in the same boat as you. I just can’t find a real picture of the softopper with a soft top. This defies logic to me. I did find a rendered image of the bestop version with a soft top.
I’d really like to see the Softopper on a soft top Gladiator though!
Jeep Gladiator Softopper coming 7CF67D5B-207C-4406-A930-AA40DC09A997