Sponsored

Something Jeep needs to do to sell more...

chorky

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
'06 TJ GE, '22 JTR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Forester
For maybe what, 2% or less of owners? You can almost guarantee nearly every Jeep sold is not "needed".
well by that measure one could easily argue that every vehicle in the country is ‘not needed’. Plenty of places in the world have no vehicles. My little TJ was a necessary vehicle amd the most reliable one ai ever owned. Its subjective and depends entirely on what a person considers ‘need’
Sponsored

Maccam26

First Name
Marc-Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
i don't think jeep is trying to become a premium brand. They will most likely spin wagoneer off into a separate brand if they are successful enough (the website doesn't even call the pair jeep vehicles, and the SUVs don't have a single jeep badge on them) and while the wrangler and gladiator are about 10k more than similarly sized vehicles from other manufacturers, no one would argue the price reflects luxury. Also all Jeep's other offerings are price competitive with the non-premium side of the industry
Weird they are in a different Wagoneer Category... things that make you go huh...
Jeep Gladiator Something Jeep needs to do to sell more... 1660856216773

Challenger85

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Electrical
None of these things would sell more cars. Anyone doing this was already looking at the car. Nobody is going to say, “oh man, I’ll get a Jeep because they’ll deliver it to a trail for me.”

ShrimpHappens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport S
BMW does a a Performance Center delivery as well, at their plant in Spartanburg, SC.

I certainly agree with others that it'd be dumb to just cut someone loose on the actual Rubicon Trail. The Jamborees isn't a terrible idea, though the ever-changing logistics would be a hassle.

It'd be easiest to have a singular place, at the Toledo plant or anywhere else, where you could do an "Off-Road Experience" delivery on a pre-made course that won't get unexperienced drivers into too much trouble.

Jeep certainly could do it if they wanted to. But as far as doing it specifically to help sales? Nah, something like this would mostly be done by enthusiasts who were going to buy the vehicle anyway.

Sponsored

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
The genius of Jeep's brand - and something their marketing team I'm sure are well aware of, and capitalizing on - is that it's neither premium, nor economy/affordable, nor gritty, nor glamorous... but rather, it is all of the above. As endless are the ways to make a Jeep "your own", it's image also depends on your perspective.

The Sport Trims, can be the "everyman's, blue-collar work horse"; it can be a tuner's blank canvas. The Rubi can be a rock-crawling, wilderness-taming, off-road safari warrior... The Mojave too. But they can also be urban cruising, street-king that city-slickers flex in. And all of the above can be mall-crawling, mom-wagons too.

And while one could argue that Jeeps are "affordable", not all are. And while most aren't "luxury vehicles" (some are), many do command a premium. (Priced as they are, for a mid/small-sized pick-up, Gladiators aren't exactly economical, entry-level, bargain vehicles.)
Also, in the U.S., they might be more common - despite some with 'premium' price tags - they aren't in the rest of the world. In parts of Europe and Asia, Jeeps are priced like Mercedes, BMWs, and Lexuses? Lexi? You get my point. So in many parts of the developed world, "Jeep" is synonymous with "premium".

KidBobot

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gladiator Mojave, 17 Sienna, 92 VW Cabriolet
P.S.: Think about it... For as many of us that love the awesome rigs featured here, there are just as many (maybe more) folks that love their blinged-out, RGB-LED-encrusted, rigs on 24's with rubber-band tires.

I'm sure somewhere out there, someone is thinking it would be a great idea to do a "Hot Import Nights" delivery option for their Jeep.

Mball488

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Military
The KISS (Keep it simple stupid) method has worked for Jeep since the induction of the CJ. From their marketing (minus the Bruce Springsteen commercial 🤮 )to knowingly producing barebones vehicles that a small portion of people will ever own. They don't have to get all fancy to sell those vehicles. I'm purely talking about the CJ/Wrangler/JT market. They went all bougie with the other models. I think they should be spending their time and money listening to more of the community voices. Hell it took 30 years for them to finally bring back the pickup!.

NachoRuby

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR , '18 JLU, 73 VW Bug, 97 VW Jetta, all MTs
With Jeep being a more premium brand, there is one really big thing I think they could do to attract more sales. A few of the premium vehicles have specialized delivery options. Mercedes has (or had) the European delivery option, where you got to see your car roll off the line, take it on a 1-2 week driving tour of Europe, and then they shipped it to you in the US. Corvette has the Museum delivery, where you meet your car in the Corvette museum, learn all about it, and you use to be able to drive it on the track there, before they shipped it or you drove off. Both of these delivery options are always booked solid.

Jeep should do a few different options, such as a Rubicon Trail or a Moab delivery option. They could even as part of the package ship the Jeep to a dealer close to your home afterwards. I think it could be a great way to get a discounted vacation and your new Jeep in one shot.
A discounted Vacation to Cleveland? Haha I really like your idea though. Only kidding. That's not the first place most people think of when they think vacation.

Edit: should have read the whole post. A delivery at to a trail would be cool, although I think I'd want to drive it at least a little tiny bit before wheeling it, to make sure nothing's wrong that'd leave me stranded.

Geoarch

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
swxrflab.net
Vehicle(s)
2024 JTR, Bright White AT; 2022 JTR MT (traded)
Occupation
geoarchaeologist (retired)
With Jeep being a more premium brand, there is one really big thing I think they could do to attract more sales. A few of the premium vehicles have specialized delivery options. Mercedes has (or had) the European delivery option, where you got to see your car roll off the line, take it on a 1-2 week driving tour of Europe, and then they shipped it to you in the US. Corvette has the Museum delivery, where you meet your car in the Corvette museum, learn all about it, and you use to be able to drive it on the track there, before they shipped it or you drove off. Both of these delivery options are always booked solid.

Jeep should do a few different options, such as a Rubicon Trail or a Moab delivery option. They could even as part of the package ship the Jeep to a dealer close to your home afterwards. I think it could be a great way to get a discounted vacation and your new Jeep in one shot.
Just deliver in less than five months!

Last edited:

Sponsored

onewhippedpuppy

Banned
Banned
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
Aerospace
When you consider that the average price of a new vehicle is over $40k, even the JT isn’t really “expensive”. July average new car price was $47k, which is nucking futs.

joeym7

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mojave, 2003 Cadalac STS
Occupation
Retired
Not for me, these things cost enough $$$, easier to just sign up for a trip of your dreams which could be with a local jeep club, or something national which Jeep honchoes as part of your new owner package.

Keep the two things separate, bundling these offers will just raise the prices more. If they clearly offer it as a option payed separately I am fine with it. But I don't need jeep to be my travel agent too...I get it if you are buying a European car and want a packaged trip to "the old country", I can see the benefits. But domestically, I'd always pass.

But to each his own and good luck.

Rahkmalla

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Gobi Manual Mojave
Build Thread
Link

Hawkeyes3312

First Name